PDA

View Full Version : The Truth About Gun's Anti-Cop Crusade Reaches a New Low

ptmccain
08-18-14, 20:12
If you guys are familiar with the blog site, The Truth About Guns, you may have noticed that Robert Farago, the site's owner, has a real axe to grind against law enforcement. At every possible opportunity he is bashing the police, to a point that can only be described now as an obsession.

He reached a new low with a post in which, based on his extensive personal background in law enforcement, firearms training and criminal investigation [sarcasm there folks] he provides his readers with his "speculations" on what happened in the Michael Brown shooting.

Read it for yourself. (http://www.thetruthaboutguns.com/2014/08/robert-farago/speculative-analysis-ferguson-missouri-shoot/)

An Undocumented Worker
08-18-14, 20:18
I'm not gonna click on that to give him more ad revenue.

bp7178
08-18-14, 20:25
I got to the part about the holster retention and stopped reading. What a joke.

Heavy Metal
08-18-14, 20:39
This is no small point. If Officer Wilson drew his weapon on an unarmed man, even after being assaulted, even while being assaulted, he was clearly, legally in the wrong. Officer Wilson would have been responsible – on more than one level – for everything that happened subsequently.

Bullshit. Disparity of force and whether the assailant posed a credible threat determine whether it was a good shoot.

Big A
08-18-14, 20:50
Bullshit. Disparity of force and whether the assailant posed a credible threat determine whether it was a good shoot.

Yep, gettin real tired of the "unarmed teenager" shtick. Unless you're someone like Steven Hawking you ain't unarmed. If you have fist and feet and are fully ambulatory you are armed. Whether or not you know how to use them is another matter.

Voodoo_Man
08-18-14, 20:50

Which has to be determined by what state of mind the officer was, at that exact moment, and how reasonable it was that the officer felt that his life was in danger.

Denali
08-18-14, 21:02
If you guys are familiar with the blog site, The Truth About Guns, you may have noticed that Robert Farago, the site's owner, has a real axe to grind against law enforcement. At every possible opportunity he is bashing the police, to a point that can only be described now as an obsession.

He reached a new low with a post in which, based on his extensive personal background in law enforcement, firearms training and criminal investigation [sarcasm there folks] he provides his readers with his "speculations" on what happened in the Michael Brown shooting.

Read it for yourself. (http://www.thetruthaboutguns.com/2014/08/robert-farago/speculative-analysis-ferguson-missouri-shoot/)

As bad as Ferguson's initial police response had been, the media collectives response has ranged from equally awful, to "worse by an order of magnitude!" I watched a CNN report/interview in which some lawyer representing the family stated as a matter of fact, and no fewer then on four separate stages in the interview, that Brown had been shot "execution style" by the cop, CNN's Don Lemmon did not once intervene with an "allegedly," he just allowed the guy to state over and over again that the cop had "executed" Brown! Such is not journalism, its inciting....

SteyrAUG
08-18-14, 21:13
This is no small point. If Officer Wilson drew his weapon on an unarmed man, even after being assaulted, even while being assaulted, he was clearly, legally in the wrong. Officer Wilson would have been responsible – on more than one level – for everything that happened subsequently.

What kind of crack is this guy smoking? You aren't allowed to defend yourself while being assaulted? Really?

MorphCross
08-18-14, 21:16

Yep, gettin real tired of the "unarmed teenager" shtick. Unless you're someone like Steven Hawking you ain't unarmed. If you have fist and feet and are fully ambulatory you are armed. Whether or not you know how to use them is another matter.

A case that you can relate to this: http://www.kctv5.com/story/24820327/video-captures-firefighter-attacking-police-officer

Of course poor Bruno's wife is calling use of extreme force.

Point is we should not be questioning the circumstances of the police shooting before the grand jury makes a decision on an indictment. The official County Coroner Report will be what they base part of their decision on, not some family hire.

C-grunt
08-18-14, 21:44
I wonder if this guy thought Zimmerman acted wrong too?

MountainRaven
08-18-14, 21:45
Isn't this the same blog where one of the contributors said that rifles are useless in home defense?

HackerF15E
08-18-14, 21:51
There are many things in there, but this one is my favorite:

Notice that the shots all landed left. Chances are Officer Wilson had too much finger on the trigger. Which reflects either poor training, low skill, high stress or some combination thereof.

Gee....I wonder which one of the things on that list it could be.

Bubba FAL
08-18-14, 22:00
Yeah, in this case the "unarmed teenager" was a 6'4" 200lb. plus ADULT! Brown was of the age of majority, so the media types need to quit acting like this was some little child going to bible study after soup at grandmas' house.

I've known the type, having grown up in Detroit - standing in the middle of the street, daring folks to drive down "their" street, mad-dogging them the entire time, while bitching about how life is so hard in da hood. Just once I'd like to send one of these punk-ass bitches to the slums outside Nairobi, then have them try to tell me how they have it so hard here. Bet their whiny asses wouldn't last one night there.

AKDoug
08-19-14, 00:01
Bullshit. Disparity of force and whether the assailant posed a credible threat determine whether it was a good shoot. I have a son the size of Brown that is 18. If he reached into a car and started beating someone I would expect him to get shot. People of that size can do an amazing amount of harm quickly .

ggammell
08-19-14, 07:16
I stopped reading this guy a long time ago. You'd think he lives in some free, 2A loving state but no, he lives in RI. I think he's conflicted. Technical term.

J-Dub
08-19-14, 07:36
Im sorry (not really), but if a 6'5 285lb man attempts to take my firearm, he is leaving this world with more holes than when he entered. And I'll feel perfectly fine with that decision.

Also, stats show if someone goes for your weapon once, they are more than likely going for it again......which I would assume is why brown ran back toward the officer after stating 'you aint takin me to jail'.

Caeser25
08-19-14, 11:33
Yeah, in this case the "unarmed teenager" was a 6'4" 200lb. plus ADULT! Brown was of the age of majority, so the media types need to quit acting like this was some little child going to bible study after soup at grandmas' house.

I've known the type, having grown up in Detroit - standing in the middle of the street, daring folks to drive down "their" street, mad-dogging them the entire time, while bitching about how life is so hard in da hood. Just once I'd like to send one of these punk-ass bitches to the slums outside Nairobi, then have them try to tell me how they have it so hard here. Bet their whiny asses wouldn't last one night there.

Closer 300 pounds.

LowSpeed_HighDrag
08-19-14, 14:06
Is this The Duffel Blog or The Onion??

This is no small point. If Officer Wilson drew his weapon on an unarmed man, even after being assaulted, even while being assaulted, he was clearly, legally in the wrong.

SteyrAUG
08-19-14, 14:49
Im sorry (not really), but if a 6'5 285lb man attempts to take my firearm, he is leaving this world with more holes than when he entered. And I'll feel perfectly fine with that decision.

Also, stats show if someone goes for your weapon once, they are more than likely going for it again......which I would assume is why brown ran back toward the officer after stating 'you aint takin me to jail'.

I got news for you, if a 100 lb. crackhead is going for my gun, we have now moved to the "shooting phase" of my personal defense program. There is only ONE REASON a person goes for your gun and that is because they want to use YOUR GUN.

GunBugBit
08-19-14, 14:53
Sounds like the officer was operating with a broken eye socket caused by Brown. Punch me in the eye hard enough to break my eye socket, you can bet lead will be flying in your direction if I'm still able to stand and draw.

I'm coming down on the side of Good Shoot for now.

ggammell
08-19-14, 15:30
Sounds like the officer was operating with a broken eye socket caused by Brown. Punch me in the eye hard enough to break my eye socket, you can bet lead will be flying in your direction if I'm still able to stand and draw.

I'm coming down on the side of Good Shoot for now.

This is the part that is absolutely left out of the news. I wonder how Farago would function in a fight with a broken eye socket. I think it would be one of his "defensive gun use of the day" articles.

Voodoo_Man
08-19-14, 16:05
Whoever made the decision to keep quite on the PD's end as far as what they released is absolutely genius.

They got the mass media to make statements. They got the "witnesses" to make statements. They got the lawyers of the families to make statements on the news (which is open to use in court) and they got on the record everything else that was stated by anyone even remotely close the whole incident without giving them anything initially. They did release certain things, but only a bit at a time.

Broken eye-anything is a good shoot, anyone who has first hand knowledge about getting hit in the face will know, once you break a bone in someone's face, all bets are off, that person is basically a walking medical case.

GunBugBit
08-19-14, 16:59
This is the part that is absolutely left out of the news. I wonder how Farago would function in a fight with a broken eye socket. I think it would be one of his "defensive gun use of the day" articles.
Today is the first day I saw a report on the eye socket injury.

Moose-Knuckle
08-19-14, 17:15

I have to wonder what all departments he tested with that rejected his application.

Ed L.
08-20-14, 00:11
The Truth About Guns blog is the National Enquirer of firearms blogs.

The website aims for sensationalism rather than sensibility, experience, or tactical acumen.

Just having the word "truth" in the title tries to imply that it holds a monopoly on truth, setting it apart from other gun blogs.

Further, the title itself is a bid to attract viewers of all over the political spectrum in an attempt to drive up hits and traffic and advertiser revenue.

There are two possible explanations for the people who runs the site:

1. They will print anything to stir a controversy, attract attention, be different or get a rise out of people;

2. They haven't a ****ing clue and would make the stupidest gunboard look like USOCCOM.

The site once once printed an article on point shooting by a guy who goes around the Internet preaching that you should pull a handgun trigger with your middle finger so you can align your normal trigger trigger finger along the slide to point the gun.

By printing that article they lost all credibility (or what very little they had). This is the equivalent to a journal of pediatrics printing an article by the national man boy love association.

The blog is also known for printing sensational and inflamatory things--like a situation where an honest homeowner was supposedly trying to defend himself against intruders but found himself disarmed at gunpoint by the police.

It turned out from their own description that the homeowner in the state of NJ heard some strangers by his car outside and decided to investigate it by throwing open his door and racking his shotgun. So by definition, there were no intruders since no one was had broken into his home or was attempting to do so.

The so-called intruders who were on his street turned out to be two police officers investigating something in the neighborhood. Thus the homeowner is lucky he was not shot on the spot for bursting out of his home and racking a round into a shotgun. So no shit the guy winds up facedown at Police gunpoint..

Not to mention acting in a stupid manner in NJ with a firearm. This is the last state where you want to open your door and rack your shotgun at strangers since that act alone could get him arrested in that state.

glocktogo
08-20-14, 00:31
The Truth About Guns blog is the National Enquirer of firearms blogs.

The website aims for sensationalism rather than sensibility, experience, or tactical acumen.

Just having the word "truth" in the title tries to imply that it holds a monopoly on truth, setting it apart from other gun blogs.

Further, the title itself is a bid to attract viewers of all over the political spectrum in an attempt to drive up hits and traffic and advertiser revenue.

There are two possible explanations for the people who runs the site:

1. They will print anything to stir a controversy, attract attention, be different or get a rise out of people;

2. They haven't a ****ing clue and would make the stupidest gunboard look like USOCCOM.

The site once once printed an article on point shooting by a guy who goes around the Internet preaching that you should pull a handgun trigger with your middle finger so you can align your normal trigger trigger finger along the slide to point the gun.

By printing that article they lost all credibility (or what very little they had). This is the equivalent to a journal of pediatrics printing an article by the national man boy love association.

The blog is also known for printing sensational and inflamatory things--like a situation where an honest homeowner was supposedly trying to defend himself against intruders but found himself disarmed at gunpoint by the police.

It turned out from their own description that the homeowner in the state of NJ heard some strangers by his car outside and decided to investigate it by throwing open his door and racking his shotgun. So by definition, there were no intruders since no one was had broken into his home or was attempting to do so.

The so-called intruders who were on his street turned out to be two police officers investigating something in the neighborhood. Thus the homeowner is lucky he was not shot on the spot for bursting out of his home and racking a round into a shotgun. So no shit the guy winds up facedown at Police gunpoint..

Not to mention acting in a stupid manner in NJ with a firearm. This is the last state where you want to open your door and rack your shotgun at strangers since that act alone could get him arrested in that state.

But, but...His Vice-President told him to! ;)

Alpha Sierra
08-20-14, 07:19

LOL I remember that moron.........

http://youtu.be/511eT8Iwvd0

signal4l
08-20-14, 11:51
I got to the part about the holster retention and stopped reading. What a joke.

"The Truth About Guns" is now on my ban list. Farago can kiss my ass.

A friend on mine was beaten to death by an unarmed man. Tell his parents that using a gun on an unarmed person is a bad thing. It is amazing how many "experts" on the news seem to know less about the lawful application of violence that a recruit in a police academy. Disparity of Force is a useful thing to understand. The photos of Ofc Wilson show a skinny person of average height/build. He looks like he never did a push up in his life. Mike Brown (aka "Big Mike") was 6'4'' 290.