PDA

View Full Version : Huge Alligator Harvested In Alabama!

Denali
08-19-14, 16:34
http://www.al.com/outdoors/index.ssf/2014/08/new_state_record_potential_wor.html

Mandy Stokes put her pearls on Friday night.

No, she wasn't going out to dinner with the family.

She was going alligator hunting.

Ever since Keith Fancher and his crew pulled a 14-foot, 2-inch, 838-pound alligator from the Alabama River in 2011 to set the standard for the largest ever legally killed by an Alabama hunter, Stokes had jokingly told friends and family that if she was ever drawn for a tag, she would wear the necklace so she'd look good when being interviewed after breaking the record.

Stokes got her tag this year and the pearls still hung around her neck Saturday afternoon.

It was about 10 hours after she and husband John Stokes, brother-in-law Kevin Jenkins and his children Savannah, 16, and Parker, 14, brought a monster alligator to the check-in station at Roland Cooper State Park near Camden in Wilcox County.

Wildlife and Freshwater Fisheries Biologists had no trouble measuring the beast at 15 feet even, but they had to call for some relief when trying to weigh it.

The first attempt completely destroyed the winch assembly used to easily hoist most average gators. It was the same mechanism used to weigh the Fancher alligator.

Enlisting the assistance of a park backhoe to lift it, a WFF biologist officially called the weight at 1,011.5 pounds.

Bigger then a Brown/Grizzly bear....click link for images of the gator....

Moose-Knuckle
08-19-14, 16:39
That's no gator, that is a ****ing dinosaur!

J-Dub
08-19-14, 16:39
Gotta love the idiotic comments at the bottom of the article.

MorphCross
08-19-14, 16:55
Its a trophy Alligator worthy of being stuffed and mounted if it isn't parted up to make boots and handbags. While I have no interest in hunting, there is nothing illegal or immoral in what they did.

Ready.Fire.Aim
08-19-14, 22:36
We took a 11' 3", 750# gator out of a lake thirty feet behind my back door last year.

That 'bama gator must have been a freakin monster!

J-Dub
08-20-14, 07:33
Its a trophy Alligator worthy of being stuffed and mounted if it isn't parted up to make boots and handbags. While I have no interest in hunting, there is nothing illegal or immoral in what they did.

That is a great idea, I'd have some badass looking boots made out it (and I don't even wear boots)