PDA

View Full Version : EoHack

kwelz
08-19-14, 19:23
As the title says. A guy has come up with a way to hack an Eotech and change the reticle, etc.
Pretty cool overall. Supposedly it makes the sight more reliable as well.

http://gunssavelives.net/gear/video-diyer-hacks-eotech-optic-and-adds-new-reticles-features/

RMiller
08-19-14, 19:30
Neatttt.....

Dave_M
08-19-14, 20:47
It's really just the shell; nothing else to do with an EO other than aesthetics. Glass reflection looks more like a Chicomm copy to me.

Claims of higher durability are incredibly premature.

JohnnyC
08-20-14, 00:37
He gutted it and swapped the internals. Not much EoTech left in the thing. Theoretically it could be more durable in that it's all solid state, but each of those components would have to be more durable than what he replaced.

Redbeardsong
08-20-14, 06:24
DIY hack? Cool! A white reticle? No.

Apricotshot
08-20-14, 06:24
I'm no Eotech fan, but I highly doubt that this guy created some uber reliable sight that the R&D guys at Eotech decided not to do.

bulbvivid
08-20-14, 13:15
Not an Eotech.

From Youtube description:

First version of a hacked EOTech'ish scope. (Based on a cheap knockoff that's actually a reflex sight rather than holographic)

Dave_M
08-20-14, 13:27
Not an Eotech.

From Youtube description:

The cheap knockoff is actually a better starting point, not only from a monetary standpoint either. It's already a cheap LED reflector setup, so remove the diode and position an OLED display and there it is in the window.