PDA

View Full Version : ***DO NOT GIFT FUNDS ON PAYPAL***

SHIVAN
08-20-14, 12:17
Listen up folks....

Do not gift funds using paypal to transact business with parties that are unknown to you. Do not do it. Treat anyone who asks for this payment type as a scam, unless you know them, and actually would trust them not to take your money.

1) If you are asked to pay in this manner, and do not know the person, or have not had successful transactions before, or it's not a known dealer -- let me know.

2) If you see an ad asking for this sort of gifted paypal payment - use the report button and let me know via PM.

If I see it advertised, or hear about it being requested, I will ban the persons requesting such payment - permanently.

All that being said:

If you know the person, and trust them, or have done business with them 100x - I do not want to know about it. Your business is your business. If you offer to pay via gift to avoid fees, or get a lower price from an anonymous person on the internet, you get what you get, and I don't want to know about it.

SHIVAN
08-20-14, 18:25
Sorry to everyone who previously commented in the thread. I copied it to the Site Questions and Comments section, but the Copy Function did not act like I thought it would, and I lost the content from last night.

Sam
08-21-14, 14:52
You may want to sticky this post in every For Sale "sub forums". People are still posting ads with requests for "discrete gift paypal" payment option. Not everyone read this thread. And if you're looking for people to report "gift paypal" payment request, you might be getting a flood of them. I just reported one :)

SHIVAN
08-21-14, 19:23
Bumping it up. For more awareness. If you read it, bump it. Comment. Discuss.

docsherm
08-21-14, 19:40
Got it.....to the top for awareness.

TriviaMonster
08-21-14, 20:13
This has been a huge problem in the knife and gun community. I've seen people gift funds in excess of 1k and never see anything. In particular there was a case of $2000 plus for several custom knives that were shipped and "lost". Never gift funds. It will bite you. Our community needs to protect itself since no one else will

docsherm
08-27-14, 12:24
People need to pay attention to this.

KingsideRook
08-27-14, 12:55
Read it, understood it.

SHIVAN
01-18-17, 09:31
I wish people would read this more closely, and heed my warning.

SHIVAN
03-08-17, 13:34
This scam is growing on every forum board that sells used gear. Literally every single one I frequent, outside the gun world too. If you gift it, you WILL get hit with non-delivery eventually, bank on it.

Also, if you use paypal via an app on your phone, the default that is checked is "Friend and Family" -- beware!!!!

SHIVAN
01-02-18, 13:05
As a companion to my announcement, I am bumping this up for review again too.

SHIVAN
05-15-18, 15:14
Zelle is un-sat as a payment method. There are no buyer side protections of any kind.

Zelle To Someone You Don't Know? (https://www.zellepay.com/support/im-unsure-about-using-zelle-to-pay-for-goods-or-services-from-someone-i-dont-know)