PDA

View Full Version : Best Keymod mount for Surefire Scout and clearing a suppressor?

kaltesherz
08-20-14, 18:31
I've got a 11.5 BCM KMR upper and I'm new to Keymod stuff- what's the best option for running a fullsize Scout at the 1-2 o' clock that will clear a can?

RIDE
08-20-14, 18:37
I've got a 11.5 BCM KMR upper and I'm new to Keymod stuff- what's the best option for running a fullsize Scout at the 1-2 o' clock that will clear a can?
I had a similar question... CoryCop answered re: the Noveske Keymod Scout Mount on page 153 (CLICK HERE) (https://www.m4carbine.net/showthread.php?135121-New-BCM-rail&p=1970170#post1970170) of that thread. He posted pics and mentions how it works with the can..

Some extra pics without the can are posted on the same page by HD1911

kaltesherz
08-20-14, 18:43
Nice! I was looking at the Noveske as it seemed to meet all my needs, but looked like it might be too close for a can- thanks for the help.

From now on I'm just going to PM CoryCop before I start a thread because he generally already solved whatever problem I have. That bastard's always one step ahead of me...

RIDE
08-20-14, 18:58
Nice! I was looking at the Noveske as it seemed to meet all my needs, but looked like it might be too close for a can- thanks for the help.

From now on I'm just going to PM CoryCop before I start a thread because he generally already solved whatever problem I have. That bastard's always one step ahead of me...

He knows his stuff.

Go Hawks!

Tiny86
08-20-14, 23:06
I'm running an 11 in NSR with an 11.5 in. barrel. I'm using a Noveske scout mount with a mini scout. The end of the light sits just behind the end of the rail (meaning the bezel is small enough in diameter to sit next to the rail no problem) because I have a BCM comp and I don't want the light sitting in the blast for every round. So as long as the can is no larger in diameter then the rail you will be fine.
I hope this makes sense. If not let me know and I'll post a picture.

Dog Off LEash
09-07-14, 02:07
Does the Noveske get closer to the guard/barrel than the IWC?

Koshinn
09-07-14, 02:09

Noveske scout keymod mount will clear a SDN6. It will be pressing against a SDN6 with suppressor cover, which is not conducive to accuracy.

kaltesherz
09-07-14, 02:26
Noveske scout keymod mount will clear a SDN6. It will be pressing against a SDN6 with suppressor cover, which is not conducive to accuracy.

My Scout Fury came with a spacer, seems to barely clear my Mini4 without it.

JackFanToM
09-07-14, 10:16
I don't have a can, so take this for what it is worth...I'm using the Thorntail keymod scout mount at 1 o'clock on a KMR, and from the pics I've seen it seems to be a bit further off from the rail than the Noveske ones. As I don't have a can, and wanted my light in as tight as possible I am looking at switching to the Noveske mount. The item I do really like about the Thorntail is the 3 screws that allow you to get the light even farther forward. Note pics...

https://www.dropbox.com/s/z1qhiwogpymtqga/2014-08-30%2022.05.15.jpg?dl=0
https://www.dropbox.com/s/wdgu154v6d0e5u2/2014-08-30%2021.54.15.jpg?dl=0