PDA

View Full Version : LEO that is a True Hero

docsherm
08-20-14, 21:07
I saw this and thought that this is a person that is a hero in my book. He defines the term "Protect and Serve". With all of the LEO bashing in the news I wanted to share this and show that our boys in blue can be the heros that we all hope that they are. Great job Officer Gil Benitez.

http://ksn.com/2014/08/20/officer-helps-wheelchair-bound-man-to-safety-in-heavy-storm/

Onyx Z
08-20-14, 21:12
I have a ton of respect for anyone who wears a uniform. Seeing things like this makes me respect them even more.

SeriousStudent
08-20-14, 21:21
Indeed, very nice work by Officer Benitez.

I wonder if the rain shorted out the motor in Mr. Arnold's chair? I've used a wheelchair for a few months here and there, but never a motorized one.

Thanks for posting the link.

docsherm
08-20-14, 21:26
My Grandfather (RIP) used one of those scooters for several years. I remember that one of his shorted out when we got a flash rain storm in South Texas once. I would figure that they would make them a bit more weather resistant since a lot of people depend on them to get around. Like it doesn't rain in Florida...:fie:

SeriousStudent
08-20-14, 21:30
Thanks for the info. A lot of those rain showers can roll up pretty suddenly, that may be what happened to the gentleman in the article.

SteyrAUG
08-21-14, 00:38
Nicely done.

While I hesitate to call him a "hero" or describe his actions as "above and beyond", simply because there was once a time this was a common standard of community policing, we certainly need more like Officer Benitez and less of the other kind we often read about who sadly give guys like Benitez a negative image to overcome.

Hopefully somebody is buying Officer Benitez the beverage of his choice for the remainder of the month. Maybe even a few meals.

Whiskey_Bravo
08-21-14, 08:29
Well done officer.

J-Dub
08-21-14, 08:41
All part of the job.

Whenever I give people a ride, push their car out of the road, dig their car out from a snow bank, etc, I usually just leave them with "you're welcome, see we're not all assholes".

tb-av
08-21-14, 08:50
Another LEO did that as well not too long ago. I forgot what the deal was...

Here is yet another....
http://www.opposingviews.com/i/society/police-officer-helps-disabled-man-carry-groceries-nursing-home-photo

docsherm
08-21-14, 09:20
All part of the job.
I usually just leave them with "you're welcome, see we're not all assholes".

Very funny.....:jester:

It is just like the media to downplay the good stuff and only show the bad (or what is preceved as bad, like shootings )

SteyrAUG
08-21-14, 13:30
All part of the job.

Whenever I give people a ride, push their car out of the road, dig their car out from a snow bank, etc, I usually just leave them with "you're welcome, see we're not all assholes".

A LOT of us already knew that.