PDA

View Full Version : ISIS on Southern Border *UPDATE: NEW THREAT!*

Doc Safari
08-21-14, 10:53
I'm not sure how credible a source this is, but they cite Breitbart as a source. I think Breitbart usually has a decent amount of credibility.

http://www.examiner.com/article/ominous-signs-point-to-isis-connection-at-us-southern-border?cid=rss

While the nation was preoccupied with angry protests in Ferguson, Mo., explosive new developments are emerging at the U.S. southern border. A news story surfaced today indicating that there are signs pointing to a direct ISIS terror connection at the U.S. border with Mexico.

Breitbart is reporting that U.S. Rep. Ted Poe, R-Texas, stated during a news forum that Mexican drug cartels are in regular talks with the dangerous Islamist terrorist organization ISIS.

Illegal alien watchdog groups and concerned citizens have been warning for several years that the lax U.S. policy toward immigration and its non-enforcement of border security laws would eventually lead to a major crisis given the ease with which drug cartels, human traffickers, and Islamic terrorists can move across the southern border into the United States. Many believe that at least some of these terrorists are already in the country, lying in wait for the right time to strike.

Since 2009 the tactics of the drug cartels have grown more brutal in the wake of evidence that the Mexican criminals have used Jihadists to advance their agenda.

MORE:

http://www.breitbart.com/Breitbart-TV/2014/08/20/GOP-Rep-ISIS-and-Mexican-Drug-Cartels-Are-Talking-to-Each-Other

Wednesday on Newsmax TV's "America's Forum," Rep. Ted Poe (R-TX) was asked if there is any current interaction between ISIS and Mexican drug cartels he said "yes" and added they are "talking to each other."

MORE:

http://www.breitbart.com/Breitbart-TV/2014/08/21/Former-CIA-Officer-A-Lot-of-Communication-Between-ISIS-and-Mexican-Cartels

Former CIA covert operations officer Mike Baker said that he believes there is “a lot of communication” between ISIS and Mexican drug cartels given past efforts by al Qaeda to do likewise on Thursday’s “Laura Ingraham Show.”

“We’ve had good intel over the years about al Qaeda, about their efforts to coordinate with, as an example, Mexican cartels...in an effort to try to exploit our southern border” he reported, adding that a terrorist group like ISIS “absolutely” knows about the lack of security on the border.

markm
08-21-14, 10:55
I don't know... I say we still keep our boarders wide open until something really bad like 9/11 happens. Then we can take action when it's too late and blame republicans. :rolleyes:

J-Dub
08-21-14, 11:21
Well if Islamic terrorists are in bed with the Mexican Cartels, we'd be the first to know...since we are too.

Has everyone forgot operation "arm the Sinaloa Cartel"?????? Otherwise known as, we'll give you arms, let your dope across, if you give us intel on the gulf coast and zetas......

SteveS
08-21-14, 14:53
What do you expect when Obama the Muslim and George Bush[Daddy and sons] the best friends of the muslims are president.

ABNAK
08-21-14, 15:24
I know there's the whole "an enemy of my enemy is my friend" thing but how freaking hypocritical of ISIS (not that we expect upstanding ethics and morals from them mind you). A radical fundamentalist Islamic terror group, who by doctrine eschews drugs, aligns themselves with drug-running cartels. Oh the irony......

Moose-Knuckle
08-21-14, 15:57
It's okay guys, they are only in town cause Barry invited them to a fundrasier.

Here they are at the White House taking a selfie . . .

http://i10.photobucket.com/albums/a144/AKS-74/isiswhitehouse_zpsc400e6bb.jpg (http://s10.photobucket.com/user/AKS-74/media/isiswhitehouse_zpsc400e6bb.jpg.html)

Voodoo_Man
08-21-14, 17:17
None of this is new.

There are AlQ cells and the like in the US, this is not something new.

Only a fool would think they are not here waiting and planning for the right time to do us harm.

Irish
08-21-14, 19:18
There are AlQ cells and the like in the US, this is not something new.

Only a fool would think they are not here waiting and planning for the right time to do us harm.
And then things are going to get really interesting, for all of us, for a very long time.

Irish
08-21-14, 19:22
Interesting article @ Reuters. (http://www.reuters.com/article/2014/08/21/us-usa-islamicstate-idUSKBN0GL24V20140821)

The sophistication, wealth and military might of Islamic State militants represent a major threat to the United States that may surpass that once posed by al Qaeda, U.S. military leaders said on Thursday.

"They are an imminent threat to every interest we have, whether it's in Iraq or anywhere else," Defense Secretary Chuck Hagel told reporters at the Pentagon...

Asked if the hardline Sunni Muslim organization posed a threat to the United States comparable to that of the attacks of Sept. 11, 2001, Hagel said it was "as sophisticated and well-funded as any group we have seen."

"They are beyond just a terrorist group. They marry ideology, a sophistication of ... military prowess. They are tremendously well-funded. This is beyond anything we've seen."

TAZ
08-21-14, 19:54
I know there's the whole "an enemy of my enemy is my friend" thing but how freaking hypocritical of ISIS (not that we expect upstanding ethics and morals from them mind you). A radical fundamentalist Islamic terror group, who by doctrine eschews drugs, aligns themselves with drug-running cartels. Oh the irony......

There is absolutely no irony there. Their religion forbids the CONSUMPTION of drugs not the use of drugs to fund the destruction of your enemy.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

scooter22
08-21-14, 20:11

Exactly what I was thinking.

MountainRaven
08-21-14, 20:31

Meh. The IRA used to kill drug dealers every now and again to prove that they were the "good guys". That is until the Soviet Union collapsed and with it a good deal of the IRA's funding. Once that happened, the IRA started selling drugs to fund their activities.

MorphCross
08-21-14, 20:39
Well if Islamic terrorists are in bed with the Mexican Cartels, we'd be the first to know...since we are too.

Has everyone forgot operation "arm the Sinaloa Cartel"?????? Otherwise known as, we'll give you arms, let your dope across, if you give us intel on the gulf coast and zetas......

This! So much of this! Worst part is CIA was as much a part of it then as they are now!

If we could get our heads out of our collective asses we would napalm the drug fields in South America and air drop Salt across cartel run lands. Lest we forget, wipe FARC off the planet along with ISIS.

ABNAK
08-21-14, 21:45
Meh. The IRA used to kill drug dealers every now and again to prove that they were the "good guys". That is until the Soviet Union collapsed and with it a good deal of the IRA's funding. Once that happened, the IRA started selling drugs to fund their activities.

Yeah except nothing about the IRA necessarily rejected drugs. It is one of those tenets of strict Islamic interpretation though.

ABNAK
08-21-14, 21:55
There is absolutely no irony there. Their religion forbids the CONSUMPTION of drugs not the use of drugs to fund the destruction of your enemy.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

Sure there is, from a purely fundamentalist standpoint. Yeah, the Taliban use the opium trade to fund their activities but when they were in charge (before 9-11) opium cultivation was a bigtime no-no. The same can be said about ISIS. If they ever establish their farked-up little caliphate let's see if they allow drug dealing.

What do strict Islamic countries like Saudi Arabia and Iran do to drug dealers?

My point is, and I mentioned the possibility of it in a previous post, that while the "enemy of my enemy is my friend" line of thinking is no doubt in place that it is indeed ironic. Not unexpected, but certainly hypocritical.

jmoney
08-21-14, 22:20
I find it odd that the cartels would risk their business by dealing with these people. However, I've heard many times over the last 6-7 years, from people working gov and private sector down there about middle eastern persons attempting to cross. I always wondered if it was just normal illegal immigration or something more sinister.

KingCobra
08-22-14, 00:35
I don't know... I say we still keep our boarders wide open until something really bad like 9/11 happens. Then we can take action when it's too late and blame republicans. :rolleyes:
I stopped reading after the first sentence and actually choked on my French toast. I was about to be really pissed off. Glad I finished reading haha

scooter22
08-22-14, 02:43
So, I saw what Hagel had to say. Does anyone think that IS poses a legitimate threat? This is the United States. At this point, with all the uber-surveillance in the country, the gov would have to literally allow a large-scale event to occur.

Or am I wrong?

Moose-Knuckle
08-22-14, 03:32
So, I saw what Hagel had to say. Does anyone think that IS poses a legitimate threat? This is the United States. At this point, with all the uber-surveillance in the country, the gov would have to literally allow a large-scale event to occur.

Or am I wrong?

It wouldn't be the first time.

SOW_0331
08-22-14, 04:01
There's still risk in crossing the border illegally, however lax it may be appearing to get. Except for a hyped up "prayer rug looking thing" and a few pages from an old Quran, I get the feeling this is more of that fear and panic journalism that seems to be so common these days.

How many of the 9/11 hijackers had to enter the country illegally? Their handlers and those who networked with them? It's a stupid risk no real organization is going to take. And a lot of Muslim and Middle Eastern folks are living in the US right now. I'm sure that makes some dudes really nervous, but we aren't exactly seeing a daily 9/11, not by a long shot.

At most you'll have stupid sympathizers or idealists who want to be part of something. They'll do some dumb shit, it'll be essentially irrelevant and come with a low death toll, but it will lend credibility to the absurd islamophobia keeping people indoors lately. I'd be more concerned with how the government's reaction will interfere with my daily life than anything else. Never invite the man into your life and all.

The good news is, I've invested heavily in plastic sheets and rolls of duct tape. I figure if we can keep ISIS in the news for another two weeks tops, I'll make a killing on the flip sale. Can't let the ISIS boys go spitting anthrax into our open windows from their winged lizard steeds, which I heard all Muslims have.

Iraqgunz
08-22-14, 04:36
I must say that I am surprised that they haven't really committed any real acts of terror here. What do I mean? I don't mean attacking military targets or some buildings. I am talking about something more devious like a mass simultaneous mall or school shooting.

The whole operation in would cost very little money, would probably cause most politicians to WANT gun control and quick. That would be just the beginning.

KingCobra
08-22-14, 06:51
These guys don't care about money. They literally have billions of dollars they stole from various banks across Syria and Iraq.

Although I am unsure if they would do anything large on america soil, they are trying to start another war with us. And they are trying damn hard.

Doc Safari
08-22-14, 09:03
I must say that I am surprised that they haven't really committed any real acts of terror here. What do I mean? I don't mean attacking military targets or some buildings. I am talking about something more devious like a mass simultaneous mall or school shooting.

The whole operation in would cost very little money, would probably cause most politicians to WANT gun control and quick. That would be just the beginning.

The Grid.

There are a handful of spots around the country that if strategically attacked major parts of the country would be without power for months. This is because not only are there not spare parts on hand, but the manufacture of them takes place overseas and requires long lead times.

If major areas are without power for months it would necessarily lead to anarchy and martial law in those areas, effectively crippling the entire country.

KingCobra
08-22-14, 12:11
Yea, we lost power for a month after a hurricane hit a few years back. It was hectic to say the least.

Amp Mangum
08-22-14, 13:18
This ain't good: http://wgntv.com/2014/08/21/photo-implies-isis-threat-to-chicago/

williejc
08-22-14, 13:48
Despite what they stole from banks, I think that money and more of it is a goal. Cartel funds could finance ISIS attacks here. Perhaps more important than money is access to cartels' already established U.S. network. I don't see ISIS getting the upper hand on cartels. ISIS will have to operate on somebody else's territory and play by their rules or die.

Doc Safari
08-22-14, 13:53
Despite what they stole from banks, I think that money and more of it is a goal. Cartel funds could finance ISIS attacks here. Perhaps more important than money is access to cartels' already established U.S. network. I don't see ISIS getting the upper hand on cartels. ISIS will have to operate on somebody else's territory and play by their rules or die.

Here's how it works:

The cartels want money. ISIS has money. ISIS will pay the cartels to smuggle any cargo they want into the US (something the cartels are obviously good at). The cartels will see a big and easy payoff and won't care what the cargo is.

Amp Mangum
08-22-14, 20:16
http://www.newsmax.com/Newsfront/cia-officer-isis-sleeper/2014/08/21/id/590228/

Doc Safari
08-29-14, 14:36
TERRORIST ATTACK ON THE BORDER MAY BE IMMINENT!

http://www.nationalreview.com/corner/386694/judicial-watch-feds-bulletin-describes-threat-imminent-terrorist-attack-southern

Judicial Watch has just put out this statement:

Islamic terrorist groups are operating in the Mexican border city of Ciudad Juarez and planning to attack the United States with car bombs or other vehicle born improvised explosive devices (VBIED). High-level federal law enforcement, intelligence and other sources have confirmed to Judicial Watch that a warning bulletin for an imminent terrorist attack on the border has been issued. Agents across a number of Homeland Security, Justice and Defense agencies have all been placed on alert and instructed to aggressively work all possible leads and sources concerning this imminent terrorist threat.

Specifically, Judicial Watch sources reveal that the militant group Islamic State of Iraq and Greater Syria (ISIS) is confirmed to now be operating in Juarez, a famously crime-infested narcotics hotbed situated across from El Paso, Texas. Violent crimes are so rampant in Juarez that the U.S. State Department has issued a number of travel warnings for anyone planning to go there. The last one was issued just a few days ago.

Intelligence officials have picked up radio talk and chatter indicating that the terrorist groups are going to “carry out an attack on the border,” according to one JW source. “It’s coming very soon,” according to this high-level source, who clearly identified the groups planning the plots as “ISIS and Al Qaeda.” An attack is so imminent that the commanding general at Ft. Bliss, the U.S. Army post in El Paso, is being briefed, another source confirms.

Doc Safari
08-29-14, 14:55
Apparently this is credible enough that the Texas Dept of Public Safety is in on it, too:

http://www.breitbart.com/Breitbart-Texas/2014/08/29/Exclusive-Breitbart-Texas-Verifies-ISIS-Threat-With-Leaked-Doc

The document was released by the Texas Department of Public Safety and warned that ISIS was actively promoting and encouraging supporters to take advantage of the porous Texas-Mexico border to carry out terrorist attacks against US citizens.

In addition to the report, U.S. Border Patrol Agents confirmed that the U.S. Border Patrol agency was indeed taking the threat seriously. A Border Patrol agent in the Laredo Sector told Breitbart Texas that they had credible information that ISIS was attempting to find individuals and groups in Nuevo-Laredo Mexico to assist in gaining entry into the united states.

A Border Patrol agent in the El Paso Sector would only tell Breitbart Texas that a warning was issued to agents pertaining to ISIS.

Doc Safari
08-29-14, 15:23
From FOX:

http://www.foxnews.com/us/2014/08/29/online-posts-show-isis-eyeing-mexican-border-says-law-enforcment-bulletin/

Some 32 Twitter and Facebook posts monitored by law enforcement over one recent week reflected interest in the southern border, according to the bulletin.

A(snip)...message sent out via Twitter suggested that Islamic State fighters have already entered the U.S. via the border, warning that, as a result, “Americans in for ruin (sic).”

From Judicial Watch's own website:

Intelligence officials have picked up radio talk and chatter indicating that the terrorist groups are going to “carry out an attack on the border,” according to one JW source. “It’s coming very soon,” according to this high-level source, who clearly identified the groups planning the plots as “ISIS and Al Qaeda.”

Crow Hunter
08-29-14, 15:44
Of course the tactic ISIS should be using is to set up all this radio chatter and VBIEDs on the US/Mexico border and while everyone is focused on that, slip something much nastier through the Canadian/US border into a large East coast population center.

That is what I would be worried about.

Doc Safari
08-29-14, 15:47
Of course the tactic ISIS should be using is to set up all this radio chatter and VBIEDs on the US/Mexico border and while everyone is focused on that, slip something much nastier through the Canadian/US border into a large East coast population center.

That is what I would be worried about.

I agree up to a point: but I was thinking more in terms of a cargo container that finds its way into San Francisco bay or something with a nuke on it.

I'm also convinced that Malaysian airliner that disappeared may have actually landed somewhere to be refit for an attack like 9/11.

Face it: our government is not doing nearly enough to secure the various ways that terrorists can get into the country.

You're right: the crisis on the southern border may be a "feint" while the real attack comes elsewhere.

Just because a person doesn't live near the southern border doesn't mean they don't have to be vigilant.

Airhasz
08-29-14, 17:07
I predict an old fashion middle eastern car bomb from these idiots or something bigger like Tim McVeigh size. I sure hope I'm wrong or people are paying attention to details and out of place purchases etc.

skydivr
08-29-14, 17:28
I REALLY REALLY hate to say this, but I have a feeling that NOTHING will happen to prevent what is LIKELY to happen soon enough, which MAY THEN awaken the sleeping giant from its' stupor...

Doc Safari
08-29-14, 17:30
Frankly, I live close enough to the El Paso/Juarez area that I'm afraid I might end up down wind from a dirty bomb.

I am genuinely worried.

ScottsBad
08-29-14, 17:56
Here's how it works:

The cartels want money. ISIS has money. ISIS will pay the cartels to smuggle any cargo they want into the US (something the cartels are obviously good at). The cartels will see a big and easy payoff and won't care what the cargo is.

Couple of points. First, I don't think it would be in the cartel's interest to help ISIS, because an attack that came across the border would force our Incompetent In Chief to put much more security on the border and that would hurt the cartels, at least for a while. Plus the Cartels are already rich, why take even a few million to help when you know that you'll have Special Ops and drones breathing down your neck. I don't think major Cartels will want that kind of heat.

However, that doesn't mean that nobody in Mexico will help ISIS. Just not the Cartels. IMHO. I think the stories about Cartel/ISIS working together are bogus and intended to KEEP the Cartels FROM HELPING.

It would be a perfect opportunity for the Cartels to buy some chips with the CIA and FBI. Turn in the ISIS bad guys. - OR - Just stay out of it all together.

Second, an ISIS attack does not need to be large. In fact, I believe that smaller attacks in urban or suburban areas would cause more terror than a one big one. Pulling off small attacks is easier, and could be done on a wider scale, look how much trouble the Boston bomber created. Every sports venue had to up security etc.

The other thing that worries me is that ISIS members coming over the border would have no record in the US, no one would know anything about them. No one would be able to recognize them and they would have no family. So if they moved around it is not like someone would report them missing.

Moose-Knuckle
08-29-14, 18:02
Well folks school is back in session this week, High School football with packed stadiums start TONIGHT, tomorrow the same for NCAA ball. Soft targets abound . . .

Watch you six and I'd stay clear from large gatherings, YMMV.

sadmin
08-29-14, 18:02
I think your overestimating the cartels ability to look ahead and consider anything more than a dollar bill. These are people who spend their money on 24k desert eagles and white tigers. They give zero humps for drones or special ops. They would go to war with Godzilla...yay- and a ak makes you brave.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

scooter22
08-29-14, 18:26
I personally don't trust anything the mainstream media puts out.

Sounds like the usual fear mongering to me.

TriviaMonster
08-29-14, 19:44
I don't think its fear mongering, the border is very loose and anyone who with 2 eyeballs knows this. Whether or not they attack is almost irrelevant, the fear comes from knowing they can. And we know they can. It would take months to get our border under control so they have a solid window of time.

The real threat is using mexicans or their kids to do the dirty work. They could pull off a few attacks using Mexicans by way of hostages or whatever and cause unprecedented panic since we will now have to watch 2 different groups. God knows they could pay the cartels and government for protection.

NWPilgrim
08-29-14, 20:00
If the fed response is to tighten the screws on US citizens then we know this was a ruse to justify same. If the all of a sudden want to strengthen border security and close the flood gates then the article is genuine.

Mjolnir
08-29-14, 21:20
Well, I'm not scared and I'm not willing to fork over any more of my God-given, inalienable rights. Those that may be can go right ahead.

However, since they've been groomed, nurtured, armed and trained by us I suspect they will be used by the power-hungry to oppress us (a few "events" and then full martial law).

Makes for a great novel...

-------------------------------------
"One cannot awaken a man who pretends to be asleep."

Airhasz
08-29-14, 21:47
Well, I'm not scared and I'm not willing to fork over any more of my God-given, inalienable rights. Those that may be can go right ahead.

However, since they've been groomed, nurtured, armed and trained by us I suspect they will be used by the power-hungry to oppress us (a few "events" and then full martial law).

Makes for a great novel...

-------------------------------------
"One cannot awaken a man who pretends to be asleep."

I'm not scared either, just armed.

sadmin
08-29-14, 21:49
I'm watching Red Dawn for pointers on how to deal with Toni should she arrive.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

SOW_0331
08-29-14, 21:56
I don't think its fear mongering, the border is very loose and anyone who with 2 eyeballs knows this. Whether or not they attack is almost irrelevant, the fear comes from knowing they can. And we know they can. It would take months to get our border under control so they have a solid window of time.

The real threat is using mexicans or their kids to do the dirty work. They could pull off a few attacks using Mexicans by way of hostages or whatever and cause unprecedented panic since we will now have to watch 2 different groups. God knows they could pay the cartels and government for protection.

Paragraph one is self-contradicting. So it's irrelevant whether they succeed in a terror attack or not because all they need is to find a way to cause fear. Agreed. So maybe we should stop shivering in our panties every time someone suggests Group X might be thinking of doing something they might have planned to do in an unknown location? Don't give them that power. So yes, until we're seeing either foiled attacks or successful attacks, just assume that there's not much credible intel being leaked via FOX and A. Jones.

I'll reiterate; ISIS doesn't care about how easily they can hire coyotes to get their guys into the country because they don't need to. There are American passport holding citizens going to fight for ISIS, and they (if smart) won't have any difficulty getting back without missing a single checkpoint. There are sympathizers and identity seeking ass monkeys all over the US who would love to get the go ahead to be part of something. Sending their guys is a risk. A risk of being caught means a risk of intel being extracted from intercepted personnel. They don't trust their crudely recruited lower ranking guys with anything worth doing, and the shotcallers aren't going to take the chance of getting caught or becoming a crispy corpse in the process.

Yes, someone somewhere is wishing they had the means to kill or harm our people at home. Yes, it would likely be a better tactic to launch smaller coordinated attacks than one big one (the more complex the plan, the more a single hiccup could bring down the op) but there's really no way of knowing. So ISIS says they're coming to kill us all? They say all kinds of stupid shit. They're not the only ones who say that and they're not the only ones who could figure out how. You want to show them how terrified you are, go ahead. I can get you a great deal in plastic sheets and duct tape. Me, I'll go to bars and football games and crowded places because they don't get to dictate what quality of life I enjoy.

Should they show up and act stupid, I'll shoot them and make them my bitch the way we used to when they all fought under different names. Or die trying. Until then they're nothing to me.

Your second paragraph is beyond paranoid and baseless so I'll just let you have that one.

scooter22
08-29-14, 22:02
Paragraph one is self-contradicting. So it's irrelevant whether they succeed in a terror attack or not because all they need is to find a way to cause fear. Agreed. So maybe we should stop shivering in our panties every time someone suggests Group X might be thinking of doing something they might have planned to do in an unknown location? Don't give them that power. So yes, until we're seeing either foiled attacks or successful attacks, just assume that there's not much credible intel being leaked via FOX and A. Jones.

I'll reiterate; ISIS doesn't care about how easily they can hire coyotes to get their guys into the country because they don't need to. There are American passport holding citizens going to fight for ISIS, and they (if smart) won't have any difficulty getting back without missing a single checkpoint. There are sympathizers and identity seeking ass monkeys all over the US who would love to get the go ahead to be part of something. Sending their guys is a risk. A risk of being caught means a risk of intel being extracted from intercepted personnel. They don't trust their crudely recruited lower ranking guys with anything worth doing, and the shotcallers aren't going to take the chance of getting caught or becoming a crispy corpse in the process.

Yes, someone somewhere is wishing they had the means to kill or harm our people at home. Yes, it would likely be a better tactic to launch smaller coordinated attacks than one big one (the more complex the plan, the more a single hiccup could bring down the op) but there's really no way of knowing. So ISIS says they're coming to kill us all? They say all kinds of stupid shit. They're not the only ones who say that and they're not the only ones who could figure out how. You want to show them how terrified you are, go ahead. I can get you a great deal in plastic sheets and duct tape. Me, I'll go to bars and football games and crowded places because they don't get to dictate what quality of life I enjoy.

Should they show up and act stupid, I'll shoot them and make them my bitch the way we used to when they all fought under different names. Or die trying. Until then they're nothing to me.

Your second paragraph is beyond paranoid and baseless so I'll just let you have that one.

I generally agree with everything said above.

However, isn't it known that many perpetrators of supposed "foiled attacks" were set-up by the FBI?

ScottsBad
08-30-14, 02:17

However, isn't it known that many perpetrators of supposed "foiled attacks" were set-up by the FBI?

I read something about this the other day. Like IIRC some large majority (80%???) of the foiled attacks were FBI traps where agents induced the actions.

I'm not cowering in a corner about this stuff. I'm concerned for the folks who might get hurt, and the rights we continue to lose in the name of security.

If I were a hard core conspiracy theorist I'd say Obastard would be OK with some attacks on US soil so he could impose more Government on we the people. I don't trust the turd any farther than I can throw him.

SOW_0331
08-30-14, 02:28

Oh I don't count those to be related to terrorism in any way. I consider those to be attacks on freedom and clear cases of entrapment by an over zealous and unchecked police state. The fact that a court could uphold those convictions is appalling. The fact that individual agents could live with themselves knowing what they're doing...that's just disgusting.

When I said foiled attacks, I mean clear cut and dry ISIS attacks. Known members openly claiming membership with ISIS acknowledging their involvement in the attempt. Not some autistic kid from the high school band club that your friendly FBI field office targeted and have bomb-making instructions to, just so they could start spying on all homes with high school age children. Yay....America.

scooter22
08-30-14, 02:57
I read something about this the other day. Like IIRC some large majority (80%???) of the foiled attacks were FBI traps where agents induced the actions.

I'm not cowering in a corner about this stuff. I'm concerned for the folks who might get hurt, and the rights we continue to lose in the name of security.

If I were a hard core conspiracy theorist I'd say Obastard would be OK with some attacks on US soil so he could impose more Government on we the people. I don't trust the turd any farther than I can throw him.

I don't think you have to be a "conspiracy theorist" to know that "terrorism" happens to further the agendas of those who really run the show. We all know Obummer sucks, but I don't think it's necessarily him or his administration that would be OK with an event.

If anyone thinks the three branches of federal government aren't being coerced by those with money and/or power, then they're smoking something.

jpmuscle
08-30-14, 04:26
I REALLY REALLY hate to say this, but I have a feeling that NOTHING will happen to prevent what is LIKELY to happen soon enough, which MAY THEN awaken the sleeping giant from its' stupor...
Doubtful. How long did it take for trauma of 9/11 to dissipate and everything to go back to being business as usual? Not very long...

As for the current admin I'm sure their generally concerned about something bad happening but I'd bet their more concerned about it happening before the mid terms. It's not like they don't already attempt to quantify the political ramifications of everything they both do and don't do.

skydivr
08-30-14, 08:31
Doubtful. How long did it take for trauma of 9/11 to dissipate and everything to go back to being business as usual? Not very long...

As for the current admin I'm sure their generally concerned about something bad happening but I'd bet their more concerned about it happening before the mid terms. It's not like they don't already attempt to quantify the political ramifications of everything they both do and don't do.

I dunno about that - 9-11 spurred a decade of getting even, 2+major engagements and trillions spent....Some think it would give this administration cover to impose martial law; I personally think it might wake up the populace to the fact that this administration and the liberals are totally inept to handle it - and vote their asses out.