PDA

View Full Version : NRA takes it to Bloomberg

rocsteady
08-21-14, 11:26
I have a particular hatred for this little tyrant living in occupied territory here in NYC so I really like this: http://gunssavelives.net/blog/video-nra-goes-after-michael-bloomberg-by-name-with-new-video-calling-him-out/?utm_source=Guns+Save+Lives+Daily+Mailing+List&utm_campaign=d2d3b369cc-RSS_EMAIL_CAMPAIGN&utm_medium=email&utm_term=0_eaeaa815c4-d2d3b369cc-65816565

tb-av
08-21-14, 11:30
About time they stopped playing defense only. He's caused trouble down here in VA too.

FromMyColdDeadHand
08-21-14, 14:06
Need to hang Udall, Hick and Romanoff with him.

caporider
08-21-14, 14:17
After watching the NRA video, go ahead and read the DERP on the NY Times site: http://takingnote.blogs.nytimes.com/2014/08/21/the-n-r-a-versus-michael-bloomberg/?_php=true&_type=blogs&ref=opinion&_r=0

Moose-Knuckle
08-21-14, 16:03
After watching the NRA video, go ahead and read the DERP on the NY Times site: http://takingnote.blogs.nytimes.com/2014/08/21/the-n-r-a-versus-michael-bloomberg/?_php=true&_type=blogs&ref=opinion&_r=0

The New York Times huh, lol:

The ad, honed for the gun-rights vote in this year’s congressional elections, attacks Mr. Bloomberg as a “billionaire elitist hypocrite” because he’s investing $50 million in a gun safety campaign aimed at the same national elections. (Why this makes him a hypocrite is unclear.)

Dear Mr./Ms. editor of the NYT, Bloomberg is a ****ing hypocrite cause he hides behind a personal army of armed security all the while doing his damnedest to take away Mr. and Mrs. America's right to protect themselves.

rocsteady
08-21-14, 16:07
Amen Brother

skydivr
08-21-14, 16:29
I think they should do a commercial of American citizens (not actors) with their guns, including hunters with their shotguns, women with their handguns, cut from one to another to another for a 30 second spot, each saying "SHOVE IT BLOOMBERG"...

FromMyColdDeadHand
08-21-14, 23:39
Bloomberg ins't running for anything. If these ads are to be effective you have to tie him to the local guys and drag them down together. If this is just the first step, fine, but you have to make the connection or else it is wasted effort.

NWPilgrim
08-22-14, 00:22
Bloomberg ins't running for anything. If these ads are to be effective you have to tie him to the local guys and drag them down together. If this is just the first step, fine, but you have to make the connection or else it is wasted effort.

Correct, Bloomberg is the financier. Future ads should link his funding for specific candidates, especially those in swing states or districts to the hypocrisy of having armed guards.

"Mr. Bloomberg, disarm your detail!!"

"Disarm or shut up"

T2C
08-22-14, 02:38
It's about time they faced the problem head on.

Time to send the NRA more money.

rocsteady
08-22-14, 08:11

I got caught up in the moment and didn't even think about this. You nailed it though, if they don't blatently tie his spending into pushing his agenda in "your" neighborhood, they're just wasting everyone's time. I imagine most folks on the left don't even know he's financing their candidates.

WillBrink
08-22-14, 09:08
I have a particular hatred for this little tyrant living in occupied territory here in NYC so I really like this: http://gunssavelives.net/blog/video-nra-goes-after-michael-bloomberg-by-name-with-new-video-calling-him-out/?utm_source=Guns+Save+Lives+Daily+Mailing+List&utm_campaign=d2d3b369cc-RSS_EMAIL_CAMPAIGN&utm_medium=email&utm_term=0_eaeaa815c4-d2d3b369cc-65816565

Would have been a much more effective commercial for me had it started off like "Some people call it fly over country" vs how it was approached. No reason to alienate when it's not needed in my view. I'll bet there's "Liberals" who love the place, and "conservatives" who don't. etc. Let the other side play to polarizing people with labels and over generalizations and the NRA stick to the facts.

I support the NRA because it's the most effective lobby we have on the 2A issue, but the "God, Guns, and pick up truck" type approach has always turned me off, and likely, does for others. That commercial is more a stereo type of gun owners and playing to stereo types does not end well.