PDA

View Full Version : GAP floorplates for Gen4 G26 - still best floorplate option?

calviroman
08-22-14, 10:03
Good Morning,

I recently picked up a gen 4 G26. I had a gen 3 G26 several years ago and used GAP floorplate extensions on all the mags. At the time (2008) these were considered by most to be the best floorplate option for the G26/G27. Before I order a bunch of GAP floorplates again, I wanted to check and see if any better floorplate options had come out since then? I'm aware of the Vicker's baseplates and while they are great for ripping the mag out quickly they serve a different purpose than the GAP plates which lock your lower finger into the lower groove. Thoughts? Is the GAP product still the best solution for this application?

Thanks

operator81
08-22-14, 11:42
I prefer them. If you go with the pinky extensions it makes the grip so close to a G19 in length that you may as we'll go with a G19.

Up1911fan
08-22-14, 12:08
I use the Vicker's, but shave the sides down.

calviroman
08-22-14, 12:51
Agree that the pinky extensions that add height negate the G26 advantage over the G19 for many carry options. I carry a G19 when my cover short is sufficiently loose/big. Holster is a JM Kydex AIWB, G17 length, with lots of tuck and wedge!

walker2713
08-22-14, 18:54
I've tried the GAP's, but much prefer the Vickers.....a real personal, subjective choice.....

Doublestack45
08-22-14, 19:45
With the Vickers installed on my 26 I had some clearance/binding issues on the front edge. The mag would seat, but there was absolutely no play like the factory mags have. I have the 10-8 Performance base pads on it now and the fit is perfect. The Vickers actually has a great feel in the hand on the 26. The extra width at the base could be wedged between the fingers giving it a solid feel. No knock on the Vickers, as the binding could have been either the gun, base pad, or a combination. The 10-8's are a slightly slimmer profile on the sides, but have more of a ledge on the front than the Vickers. Being inexpensive , I'm glad I tried both and still use the Vickers on most of my backup and range mags as they are definitely easier to get a hold of quickly.

kevN
08-25-14, 01:04
I run the factory mag plates on my G26 & G19 (cut to 26 mags). I think I would prefer to have cuts made in the mag well to allow purchase to yank a stuck mag if I was worried about it but I've never encountered that issue and I shoot a lot of ammo through glocks. I do have some vickers plates and they are nice too, just kind of a pain to take apart new mags IMO.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk