PDA

View Full Version : Ventura Munitions 230 Gr Federal HST

bjxds
08-22-14, 20:48
It looks like they are making a "Tactical" round with Federal HST bullets. No info on powder, sealed primer, ballistics??

Any experience with Ventura Munitions Tactical 45 ACP 230 grn Federal HST? I am going to try to follow up with them to get some additional info, and if it is comparable, I would be very interested in a 9mm offering as well, assuming they can get the 124/147 gran HST bullets.

I would like to buy a few boxes to compare, but I do not want to shoot up the Federal's I have, just to hard for me to get.

I was not aware Federal HST bullets were available for reloading, possibly only to manufactures not individuals. Interesting how someone/company could produce the same round cheaper than ATK/Federal, or possibly we are paying for the name/marketing. I would think ATK would want to keep this round proprietary.

jstone
08-23-14, 00:02
There reloaded from pulled down bullets. There have been a lot of hst bullets available as pulls lately. So im sure they bought some and loaded them. Hst is not really that hard to find almost at any given time I can get hst from an online vendor.

Over the summer I was able to pick roughly 1500 9mm 147 and 147+p, plus about 800 45acp mix of 230 standard along with some 230+p.

If it is loaded by someone other than fed, speer, winchester, and companies on that level it is always a risk. Even those large companies have problems, but at least you know if it is there fault they will replaced what there ammo ruined.