PDA

View Full Version : Legion Firearms

Voodoochild
08-26-14, 12:19
So it looks like legion firearms is going under soon. I liked the look of their barrels and all but it looks like they have had some pretty serious financial issues come back to haunt them. Apparently lawsuits are happening and they are looking for someone to buy them out.

sandman99and9
08-27-14, 12:57
I really like the look of a number of guns they have but the prices made me run the other way !!

S.M.

TMS951
08-27-14, 14:56
Lawsuits aside, basic economics. The price can only be as high as the market will bare. To me, I would never buy one of their guns for that price. It just does not offer anythign exceptional to me. At that price I want innovations like the Knights E3 bolt, or the LMT MRP upper and enhanced BCG.

I like ceracoating, I like the ease of cleaning my chrome and nickel boron bolts and carriers. But other than some fancy coatings as standard there was nothing special there for the price.

I would assume the barrel would have the same issues and KAC dimpled barrels, so to me not an actual improvement.

Companies like this will continue to come and go when there competition in that price range is the LMT MRP, KAC SR15, HK MR556 and LWRCi IAC. <- all of these rifles bring something significant to the market that can not be purchased elsewhere.

I could build what legion was selling, or damn close.