PDA

View Full Version : Belt fit and holster/mag pouch mounting

rickp
08-26-14, 12:41
I'm left handed so I wear my mag pouches at the 3 o'clock position. My EDC is a IWB Raven Phantom holster with the light and Bravo Concealment mag pouches with their standard belt loops attachments.
Now here's the issue, once I tighten the belt down, BTW I use a riggers belt, the belt tongue wraps around to to the the 3 o'clock position, forcing me to try and fit the end of the belt through the mag pouch loop, which wont fit. To add to the problem, the belt has velcro so even trying to forcefully slide it through it practically impossible. Also at this point I'm loosing he ability to amount any type of pouch where the belt doubles up.

I contacted a few belt manufactures and looked at their sizes. All their sizes are either too long leaving me basically in the same situation I'm in now or too short, leaving me with only a couple of inches of belt tongue after I run it through the buckle.

I contacted raven and they suggested their pancake mounts might work. Need to test it.

Has anyone else run into this issue or know of hardware that will allow the end of a belt to fit through a mag pouch loop or even a holster loop. Most shooters are right handed, so I'm hoping some of you guys that run your rigs a little bit more forward like the 3 o'clock position or even Appendix Carry will have a solution that can help me out.

Thanks guys
R.

orionz06
08-26-14, 12:48
Custom belt, alter the buckle position, or different loops. The pancake loops would be the cheapest and fastest option. I have been using Volund Gearworks belts for some time and have had a few subtle tweaks on my orders that have helped with things like this.

rickp
08-26-14, 16:15
Custom belt, alter the buckle position, or different loops. The pancake loops would be the cheapest and fastest option. I have been using Volund Gearworks belts for some time and have had a few subtle tweaks on my orders that have helped with things like this.

Thanks I'll take a look at that.

R.

Up1911fan
08-26-14, 22:50
I've also got 3 custom ordered belts from Matt at Volund. Great quality.

RWCRaiden
08-27-14, 17:13
Chop off a few inches at the end, and burn it so it doesn't fray. That might work?

DominicO
09-04-14, 08:28
Have you tried threading your belt through your pants' belt loops in the opposite direction?