PDA

View Full Version : MUR-1A and Offset Sights

Zim
08-26-14, 22:00
I know that the KAC offset sights don't have enough clearance to mount directly over the forward assist on the MUR-1A. Does anyone have experience with Gear Sector's X-Series Offset Mount installed over the forward assist? Are there any downsides to that method in terms of scope clearance (or anything else I might be missing)? The KAC's can be mounted farther forward and closer together without issue, but I'd like a longer sight radius solution before resorting to that.

How about the Griffin sights? They're not folding, but they might be in the running if they clear without issue.

bp7178
08-26-14, 22:25
I'm kind of in the same pickle as you. I think the best solution is to run KACs with the aperture removed from the rear, but placing it more forward as is necessary by the forward assist assembly.

I'm using Badger AR-15 rings which are separate rings. I had thought it would give me more mounting options, but at the same time I don't want anything over the ejection port in case of mishaps; ie brass hitting the sights and causing malfunctions.

To that end, my end all vision is to have a Mark 6 3-18 with a T-1 offset. I'm starting to think that enough redundancy. Especially if its combined with a laser unit (for pig hunts).

Digital_Damage
08-27-14, 08:30
I actually don't run any of my .45 rear sights all the way to the rear. I put them forward just clearing the ejection port. It allow me to deploy with the flick of a thumb and follow forward to get the front. For me it slows me down going backwards then forwards again.