PDA

View Full Version : University cop shot knife wielding attacker, downtown Atlanta

Sam
08-27-14, 16:58
Guy with knife stabbed officer, fellow officer busted caps on the stabber.

http://www.cbs46.com/story/26386202/1-person-shot-at-woodruff-park-in-atlanta?autostart=true

This is at the Georgia State University in downtown Atlanta. My friend was in class and heard the shot outside the building.

murphman
08-27-14, 17:32
Wow, that officer let that guy get right up on him.

WillBrink
08-27-14, 17:39
I hope the LEO was not seriously injured.

J-Dub
08-27-14, 18:09
Wow, that officer let that guy get right up on him.

Well heaven forbid he shoot him while he's 6ft away....den dats just murda yo....taze dat brah main...

Its called damned if you do, stabbed if you don't.

Texas42
08-27-14, 18:09
Was the guy who the attacker ran up to a cop? It looks like he is wearing a suit.

murphman
08-27-14, 19:20
Was the guy who the attacker ran up to a cop? It looks like he is wearing a suit.

I think he is the plain clothed officer mentioned in the article.

TriviaMonster
08-27-14, 21:33
Well heaven forbid he shoot him while he's 6ft away....den dats just murda yo....taze dat brah main...

No one likes agreeing with J-Dub, but its something a lot of cops are having to process now, when is seconds from death not a good shoot?

SeriousStudent
08-27-14, 21:48
Holy poop, a 14" butcher knife! I hope the wounded officer makes a full and complete recovery.

Straight Shooter
08-27-14, 21:55
J-Dub...excellent statement sir. Ive disagreed many times with you, but today we are on the same page.
And why only one shot, Id like to think I would have lit his ass the f up. Maybe because of the bystanders, which is of course a valid reason.

Sam
08-27-14, 22:24
Holy poop, a 14" butcher knife! I hope the wounded officer makes a full and complete recovery.

Update report is that the officer was not seriously injured. My original observation on the officer that shot the nutjob was right, she did good. All this happened in front of the Georgia State University Police precinct.

Sensei
08-27-14, 23:27

Does GA State have a culinary school?

CoryCop25
08-27-14, 23:41
Hesitation makes people dead. The Furgison issue and the brass breathing down your neck has gotten many officers injured. Look up the Tueler (sp) drill. 21 to 30 feet? Not in this day and age. Even the shooting that happened in St. Louis a week after Mike Brown the actor was I think 6 feet away before he was lit up.
This has NOTHING to do with cops, it has to do with life and death decisions that can happen to anyone civilian or not.

SteyrAUG
08-27-14, 23:44

Pretty soon LEOs are going to have to submit a sworn affidavit that they, or somebody else is at risk of significant injury or death before being allowed to use deadly force.

The most troubling part of that entire story is...

"That lady told him plenty of times," witness Montez Bullock said. "I know a lot of people may not agree with it but, she told him plenty of times. I believe the officer was right."

Maybe if she didn't have to do the "Drop the weapon or I'll shoot you" Hokey Pokey dance a dozen times the campus officer might not have been stabbed at all. Perhaps if Montez was the one being threatened by a knife wielding attacker a "single" police warning might have been sufficient.

Sadly this is probably the new "normal" and cops now have to wait until you are actually assaulted before they attempt to end the threat. Better consider yourselves "on your own" and plan accordingly for the time being.

SeriousStudent
08-27-14, 23:49
Does GA State have a culinary school?

Not anymore, thanks to the whack job with the Ginsu....

Kidding. I honestly have no idea. But as a father that spent a lot of money on knives for his son's culinary schooling, it can be steep. But my boy's awesome homework made it worth it. :)

Sam, thanks for the info on the officer's condition. I hope they have a speedy return to duty.

11B101ABN
09-02-14, 16:35
Hesitation makes people dead. The Furgison issue and the brass breathing down your neck has gotten many officers injured.

the Dinkheller murder comes to mind.

CoryCop25
09-02-14, 19:01
Yes, that one still haunts me.

J-Dub
09-03-14, 07:09
the Dinkheller murder comes to mind.

That situation runs through my mind almost weekly. Still makes me sick to my stomach and I cant watch it anymore.

But lets face it, its going to happen more and more due to the times we live in.

In this guy's world (me), you get one "drop the knife". If you advance toward me after that, you're going to win a stupid prize for playing and losing on "life is about choices game".

Eurodriver
09-03-14, 07:41
In this guy's world (me), you get one "drop the knife". If you advance toward me after that, you're going to win a stupid prize for playing and losing on "life is about choices game".

But he was just on his way to a butcher shop to cut some meat, racist.

Sensei
09-03-14, 19:39

Well, when I see 5 weirdos dressed in togas stabbing a guy in the middle of the park in full view of 100 people, I shoot the bastards, that's my policy...

Moose-Knuckle
09-03-14, 19:47
When well this insanity end!!! I mean did those LEOs really have to kill him thus violating his civil rights??? Why couldn't they just shoot him in the leg or taze him?!?!?

:sarcastic:

sandman99and9
09-04-14, 17:16
A friend of mine sent this to me but I can not verify if it was actually a LEO or not. I think it was from the U.K. and the guy tried to disarm a knife wielding perp that was much smaller than the officer and got these as a result of the encounter.

Not for the faint of heart !!

http://i478.photobucket.com/albums/rr147/sandman99and9/KnifeAttack.jpg (http://s478.photobucket.com/user/sandman99and9/media/KnifeAttack.jpg.html)

Someone comes at me with a knife and they are getting smoked !!

S.M.

Moose-Knuckle
09-04-14, 17:25
Yup that was a LEO who was a black belt in something or other and thought he could disarm the suspect . . .

Big boy rules apply here.