PDA

View Full Version : Favorite MAGS

Gunut
06-15-08, 15:20
HK , Pmag , Lancer . Tell which one and why . Thanks

Master_of_Sparks
06-15-08, 15:34
Well, as much as I fought it off, I really prefer the 30 rd. Pmags. I have about 200 USGI mags sporting different brands and 10 HK. I had a hard time accepting the Pmags because... well... old farts dont like change, do we?

BTW, I really like my plastic euro-trash guns, and my Ipod too. Things change and I'm a little slow to catch on to why.

gishooter
06-15-08, 15:43
Price 13 a piece
Durabulity run over with a truck
Company Magpul great name great warranty

CLHC
06-15-08, 16:14
Price 13 a piece
Durabulity run over with a truck
Company Magpul great name great warranty
Same line of thought plus the distinguished look sets it apart from the rest. . .

Iraqgunz
06-15-08, 16:17
Pmags and H/K mags. Some people bash the H/K mags and I have never had any issues.

ThirdWatcher
06-15-08, 16:18
Pmags. I don't care about looks, I just care about what works. The inexpensive price is the icing on the cake. :)

Warrior
06-15-08, 16:30
It kinda caught me a bit off guard seeing this post. It's seems Pmags have almost completely monopolized the Mag market, so it seemed somewhat odd to ask with the answer seeming obvious.
My choice is PMAGS as they are the only brand of mag I've never had a mag related failure with. i rate everything else about the same I guess. I still have some old USGI mags and some HK mags but I don't use them very much.

Failure2Stop
06-15-08, 16:33
The ones that work with the best cost to benefit ratio.

GLOCKMASTER
06-15-08, 16:43
HK , Pmag , Lancer . Tell which one and why . Thanks

The magazine that I have in my rifle when I need it and it's working.

I have a butt load of aluminum mags that are currently working and the pile of PMAGS that is growing by the day. I have never had a failure with any of my PMAGS but I know the day is coming just because that is the nature of a magazine, regardless of who makes it.

But for right now I'm only buying PMAGS .:cool:

JSandi
06-15-08, 18:04
H&K Mags,

http://i159.photobucket.com/albums/t159/JSandi_photo/c2a4_1.jpg

:D

rifleshooter
06-15-08, 18:10
The Magpul P-Mags are really good. I have never even seen this Lancer Mag.

Jay Cunningham
06-15-08, 18:12
I very much like pmags but USGI aluminums w/dry lube finish and MagPul followers are excellent as well - just make sure that you load 28 rounds.

Azrael2004
06-15-08, 19:21
I like my USGI mags but I really like my PMAGS.
They feed perfectly and are damn near indestructible.

ADC
06-15-08, 19:54
Over the past 20 years, I have shot most every manufactured USGI mag, black/green followers, I have shot the HK mags and thought I had found the best. But sinse I have been using the Pmag I now know the Pmag is the mag to judge anything new coming down the pike. The Pmags have ran in rifles where nothing else seemed to work.................................................

ThirdWatcher
06-15-08, 21:13
The ones that work with the best cost to benefit ratio.

I agree. I have internalized this concept in everything but self defense. I only have 1* so I try not to settle for anything less than what I believe is the best technology available. IME, pmags ARE the best and I would buy them no matter what they cost... I just wouldn't buy as many. :D

I have relegated my USGI mags to range mag status.

The Dumb Gun Collector
06-15-08, 22:02
I use the Pmags I got for free from various classes as range mags. I have a ton of GI mags and don't see any reason to dump them, as they work fine in all my rifles. The Pmags are nice too, but don't merit the extra cost, IMHO. Plus, as new as they are I am not comfortable going over to them until a little time passes. My whole life there has been a "latest greatest" AR mag and they always seem to fall from favor. At $9, the GI mags are a wonderful bargain.

MassMark
06-15-08, 22:25
I am relegated to USGI mags and other than two tight fitting Coopers which were corrected with a 2x4, I've never had a single issue...Perhaps one day, I'll find my way to a free state, but for now - the kindness of strangers giving up their USGI's has been as much of a kick to me, as P-Mags are to all of you...:cool:

KintlaLake
06-16-08, 05:40
Early in my education about this platform, I was taught to consider magazines a consumable item, even disposable, and to stick with what's reliable (natch). All of my aluminum-body USGI and USGI-type mags, then, are NHMTG/OKay and D&H, and all have been upgraded with Magpul followers.

And then I bought a few Pmags...and a few more. ;)

I wouldn't hesitate to employ any of my current mags in a critical PD situation. (I don't do "range mags.") The practical difference between USGI-type aluminum-body mags and Pmags, as I see it, goes back to the "consumable" thing -- Pmags' design and durability make them less susceptible to being "consumed."

Warrior
06-16-08, 10:40
Early in my education about this platform, I was taught to consider magazines a consumable item, even disposable, and to stick with what's reliable (natch). All of my aluminum-body USGI and USGI-type mags, then, are NHMTG/OKay and D&H, and all have been upgraded with Magpul followers.

And then I bought a few Pmags...and a few more. ;)

I wouldn't hesitate to employ any of my current mags in a critical PD situation. (I don't do "range mags.") The practical difference between USGI-type aluminum-body mags and Pmags, as I see it, goes back to the "consumable" thing -- Pmags' design and durability make them less susceptible to being "consumed."

Everybody who has been around the platform before a while was probably taught mags were a disposable or consumable item. That being said has anybody had to change the springs in their PMAGS? What is their expected service life? I have yet to have one fail me in anyway and they have been going a while.

hellbound
06-16-08, 11:47
D&H Teflon 30rd with magpul followers

I like PMAGs, but i am in no hurry to replace all of my USGI mags with them...