PDA

View Full Version : Obama Finally Truthful: "We Don't Have a Strategy..."

Doc Safari
08-28-14, 16:34
http://www.breitbart.com/Big-Government/2014/08/28/President-Obama-We-Don-t-Have-a-Strategy-For-Defeating-Islamic-State-In-Syria

Obama told reporters that his strategy was still developing, and that he would continue to consult with congress and the American people about any action in Syria.

“I don't want to put the cart before the horse,” he said. “We don't have a strategy yet.”

Makes me rest easy knowing that rough men stand ready to do violence on my behalf AND THEIR COMMANDER DOESN'T EVEN KNOW ENOUGH TO PRETEND TO HAVE A FREAKING CLUE.

Our enemies already think we're weak. Now El Presidente goes and admits that we are flailing blindly and directionless.

Obama also explained that he had no intention of taking military action against Russia, even though it was clear that Vladamir Putin was acting aggressively in Ukraine.

“We are not taking military action to solve the Ukrainian problem,” he explained.

That's probably smart. He's already admitted to not having a strategy. Putin doesn't respect him anyway, so he'd just get us into World War 3 with his utter ineptitude.

Where's Ronald Reagan (or Douglas McArthur) when you really need him?

:blink:

Onyx Z
08-28-14, 16:45
Putin doesn't respect him anyway...

Neither do I.

This is nothing everyone didn't know anyways... but to blatantly admit it? What a tool.

montanadave
08-28-14, 16:54
I believe the term is "strategery."

SteyrAUG
08-28-14, 18:53

At least he had one. Wasn't one of the best but at least he has a plan. I really thought Bush 43 screwed things up as bad as possible with his "Let's fix it while we are here" Iraq plan. Leave it to Obama to expand the stupidity into Syria and fail to realize that if you destabilize the existing government radical Islamic militants will fill the void. Now gee where did that happen before in recent history?

And yeah, Obama saying he doesn't have a plan is about as enlightening as him announcing he is half black. Amazing that he managed to single handedly recreate the Iraqi fisaco in Syria, restart a Cold War with Russia and help build a radical group of Islamic extremists who are even worse than Al Quida. That is an impressive days work. Carter is probably in awe.

platoonDaddy
08-28-14, 19:00
Maybe this will jump start him!

http://i933.photobucket.com/albums/ad176/slickville/cid_CD143141DE52479187043D5CD34F22C5tdamico43PC_zps77a47d39.jpg (http://s933.photobucket.com/user/slickville/media/cid_CD143141DE52479187043D5CD34F22C5tdamico43PC_zps77a47d39.jpg.html)

Mjolnir
08-28-14, 19:25
He needs to do... Nothing.

These bastards have conquered northern Iraq (but haven't touched the pipeline) and they are fighting a war of attrition in Syria (again, for a proposed pipeline). There are heavy sanctions on Iran.

The West (US-UK-Israel-EU) is winning. The American people haven't a clue. And it's not because they/we are stupid; it's because we CHOOSE to dismiss that which makes us feel uncomfortable to the point that we are the laughingstock of other nations.

Oh, well....

-------------------------------------
"One cannot awaken a man who pretends to be asleep."

No.6
08-28-14, 19:27
Brilliant! What a brilliant POTUS and military leader. We are sooooooo lucky that he is leading America at this dangerous time. He's got our enemies right where he want's them... confused and drawing them into his trap. Patton, if he were still alive would study this and declare it the "best strategery ever". Any moment now, O will spring the trap and our enemies will be defeated!

OK, untwist your panties, it's called sarcasm.

SeriousStudent
08-28-14, 20:56

"Lock-box."

TriviaMonster
08-28-14, 21:01
No plan is the plan. He's waiting until some other presidential moron can take the reigns.

wildcard600
08-28-14, 21:26
Leading from the back.... as usual.

montanadave
08-28-14, 21:36
"Lock-box."

Now that's just weird. I installed a lockbox for the gate key out at the "ranch" about noon today.

SeriousStudent
08-28-14, 21:40
Now that's just weird. I installed a lockbox for the gate key out at the "ranch" about noon today.

I was quoting the original SNL skit, that gave birth to the term "strategery".

Or, it just means you did not spot the drone. We make them pretty quiet now.

Denali
08-28-14, 22:33
At least he had one. Wasn't one of the best but at least he has a plan. I really thought Bush 43 screwed things up as bad as possible with his "Let's fix it while we are here" Iraq plan. Leave it to Obama to expand the stupidity into Syria and fail to realize that if you destabilize the existing government radical Islamic militants will fill the void. Now gee where did that happen before in recent history?

And yeah, Obama saying he doesn't have a plan is about as enlightening as him announcing he is half black. Amazing that he managed to single handedly recreate the Iraqi fisaco in Syria, restart a Cold War with Russia and help build a radical group of Islamic extremists who are even worse than Al Quida. That is an impressive days work. Carter is probably in awe.

Speaking of Obama plans,

http://www.judicialwatch.org/blog/2014/08/wh-rules-violation-terrorist-swap-punishable-jail-suspension-removal-office/

The law violated by the Obama administration when it secretly exchanged five Guantanamo terrorists for an Army solider captured by the Taliban after deserting his post is punishable by jail, suspension and removal of office, according to written White House rules.

The nonpartisan investigative arm of Congress, the Government Accountability Office (GAO), confirmed this week that the president broke a “clear and unambiguous” law when he swapped the high-level terrorists for Bowe Bergdahl, an Army sergeant who went AWOL in Afghanistan in 2009. According to rules issued by the White House Office of Management and Budget (OMB) the violation is serious and can carry severe consequences. They include fines, imprisonment, administrative discipline, suspension from duty without pay or removal from office, the rules specifically state.

The five Gitmo captives that were turned over to the Taliban held positions of great importance with the renowned terrorist group, including Chief of Staff of the Taliban Army and the Taliban Deputy Minister of Intelligence. They have American blood on their hands, according to a U.S. Senator who refers to the freed jihadists as the “Taliban Dream Team.” It’s atrocious enough that our commander-in-chief would even consider freeing these terrorists under any circumstances, even if no established law impeded him from doing it.

But Congress must be notified before acts of this magnitude are committed and the president completely disregarded the legislative branch. In fact the Department of Defense (DOD) failed to notify Congress at least 30 days in advance of the exchange, a flagrant violation of the law, and misused nearly $1 million of a wartime account to make the transfer, the GAO report says. The DOD used appropriated funds to carry out the transfer when no money was available for that purpose, congressional investigators found. This means the DOD violated a measure known as the Antideficiency Act, which prohibits federal agencies from incurring obligations exceeding an amount available in appropriation.

In a nutshell, Obama and his appointees flipped the finger at Congress, the American public and the rule of law

This guy is a catastrophe, worse however is the lack of any effective leadership in the republican party, whose "job one" following the midterms, should be removing this guy from office, and sending him off to a cell of his own at Guantanamo...

SteyrAUG
08-28-14, 22:47
This guy is a catastrophe, worse however is the lack of any effective leadership in the republican party, whose "job one" following the midterms, should be removing this guy from office, and sending him off to a cell of his own at Guantanamo...

Don't kid yourself, the Republicans would NEVER put into place the means of sending a President to jail for fear it would be used against them. Additionally, it is almost a certainty that the Republicans will run some dipshit they believe has "broad appeal" in the foolish notion that they will get liberal / minority votes somehow and we will suffer through 8 years of President Hillary Clinton who will win for no better reason than the novelty of electing the FIRST WOMAN PRESIDENT.

Then a bunch of jackasses can feel like they were "part of history" just like they did with Obama and will one day brag to their grandchildren how they helped elect the first black President and first female President and they will remember it as a seminal event like being at Woodstock, which is an apt analogy because they are both essentially insignificant participation in something they actually contributed nothing to beyond their mere presence and yet somehow it became a pivotal point of their existence.

And they will truly feel like they personally changed the world for the better.

glocktogo
08-28-14, 23:13
Don't kid yourself, the Republicans would NEVER put into place the means of sending a President to jail for fear it would be used against them. Additionally, it is almost a certainty that the Republicans will run Mitt Romney again they believe has "broad appeal" in the foolish notion that they will get liberal / minority votes somehow and we will suffer through 8 years of President Hillary Clinton who will win for no better reason than the novelty of electing the FIRST WOMAN PRESIDENT.

Then a bunch of jackasses can feel like they were "part of history" just like they did with Obama and will one day brag to their grandchildren how they helped elect the first black President and first female President and they will remember it as a seminal event like being at Woodstock, which is an apt analogy because they are both essentially insignificant participation in something they actually contributed nothing to beyond their mere presence and yet somehow it became a pivotal point of their existence.

FIFY. :(

No.6
08-28-14, 23:36
Don't kid yourself, the Republicans would NEVER put into place the means of sending a President to jail for fear it would be used against them. Additionally, it is almost a certainty that the Republicans will run some dipshit they believe has "broad appeal" in the foolish notion that they will get liberal / minority votes somehow and we will suffer through 8 years of President Hillary Clinton who will win for no better reason than the novelty of electing the FIRST WOMAN PRESIDENT.

Do you work for a news organization as a political analyst? Sounds like a fair synopsis of the 2016 election....

No.6
08-28-14, 23:43
Speaking of Obama plans,

I doubt that you really think that there is any chance of O getting held responsible for this or any his his other actions. If anyone gets "hung" for this it'll be a lower level government functionary or some Colonel or General. And I seriously doubt even that will occur.

SteyrAUG
08-29-14, 00:12
Do you work for a news organization as a political analyst? Sounds like a fair synopsis of the 2016 election....

Never happen, I'd tell the truth so I wouldn't last three days. But since I have my magic 8 ball working, I'm betting that the 2016 election year panic buy (because it is now a cyclic event that will happen every election regardless of who is running), will completely eclipse the last two we saw.

jpmuscle
08-29-14, 00:13
Idk. I'm pretty sure were way past incompetence here. Look at everything this man does, says, apparently thinks and only conclusion one can come to is that this apparent bumbling is intentional and intent on enabling our enemies. The man hates this country.

TriviaMonster
08-29-14, 00:58
Can't wait get a different set of genitals in there, if Hilary can handle Benghazi, the ultimate terrorist army will be easy peasy...

ISIS is on the move, very powerful, and unequivocally motivated. Can't wait to dance on their graves.

SteyrAUG
08-29-14, 01:37
Can't wait get a different set of genitals in there, if Hilary can handle Benghazi, the ultimate terrorist army will be easy peasy...

ISIS is on the move, very powerful, and unequivocally motivated. Can't wait to dance on their graves.

What's hilarious as they are already touting her as a dangerous and motivated "war hawk." Like she is gonna rain down terror on a group like ISIS. She can't even protect an embassy on the anniversary of 9-11 and that's an easy one with tons of advanced warning.

And she learned from the best, her husband was the dickhead who decided to send a hundred guys and change against a heavily armed population (6.2 million or about twice the population of Los Angeles) with no armored vehicles or AC-130 support because he was worried about looking "heavy handed." Only cost us the most killed and wounded up to that point since Vietnam. Not bad for a UN "humanitarian" mission.

I can only imagine the rolling cluster**** Hillary will be capable of achieving should she take us to war with the same kind of radicalized, determined enemy we have been fighting since 2001.

SteyrAUG
08-29-14, 01:38
Idk. I'm pretty sure were way past incompetence here. Look at everything this man does, says, apparently thinks and only conclusion one can come to is that this apparent bumbling is intentional and intent on enabling our enemies. The man hates this country.

Never mistake incompetence for hatred when the reality is probably both.

The_War_Wagon
08-29-14, 07:01
He should put that on a tee shirt... Neatly summarizes the past 6 1/2 years of this administration, and pretty much his ENTIRE life... :rolleyes:

Doc Safari
08-29-14, 09:08
I had a horrible epiphany last night, guys. I had a vision that Obama was such a Carter admirer that he decided he had to give away something bigger than the Panama canal.

7.62WildBill
08-29-14, 11:06
So much for "don't do stupid stuff".

Denali
08-29-14, 12:03
I doubt that you really think that there is any chance of O getting held responsible for this or any his his other actions. If anyone gets "hung" for this it'll be a lower level government functionary or some Colonel or General. And I seriously doubt even that will occur.

You sir win a gold star....

glocktogo
08-29-14, 13:10

When things get tough, she can always whip out the snuke in her snizz. :fie:

platoonDaddy
08-29-14, 23:08
From all places, the compose editorial board:

President Obama needs to focus on how the United States can meet global challenges

PRESIDENT OBAMA’S acknowledgment that “we don’t have a strategy yet” in Syria understandably attracted the most attention after his perplexing meeting with reporters Thursday. But his restatement of the obvious was not the most dismaying aspect of his remarks. The president’s goal, to the extent he had one, seemed to be to tamp down all the assessments of gathering dangers that his own team had been issuing over the previous days.

http://www.washingtonpost.com/opinions/president-obama-needs-to-focus-on-how-the-united-states-can-meet-global-challenges/2014/08/29/11ec9e5e-2f90-11e4-bb9b-997ae96fad33_story.html