PDA

View Full Version : A couple of officers off the job after actions during Ferguson protests.

OldGreg
08-29-14, 11:49
Here's an update for the curious..

Officers from St. Ann, Glendale off the job after actions during Ferguson protests (http://bit.ly/1B1jxSb)

montanadave
08-29-14, 12:26
Being stupid is not entirely without consequences.

Moose-Knuckle
08-29-14, 18:43
A couple of officers off the job after actions during Ferguson riots.

There, I fixed for ya.

MorphCross
08-29-14, 18:52
Being stupid is not entirely without consequences.

Under "Color of Law."

Alpha Sierra
08-29-14, 19:08
Can't have fun on the job any more........

T2C
08-29-14, 21:27
This comes as no surprise. Social media has ruined many careers.

CoryCop25
08-29-14, 22:05
The first two idiots can go but I have a problem with this one.........

Jiminez said that Albers raising his weapon was “totally justifiable.” Prior to the camera turning on, Albers had had water and urine thrown at him, Jiminez said. He then saw three men with bandanas in the crowd, and one of them had a gun. He then heard gunshots, but not from that gun. So Albers raised his gun. The three men started running, and then a crowd of people with cameras raised saw him with the raised gun and came toward him. They were “a whole bunch of what you'd call citizen journalists, who were sitting with cameras recording, waiting for something stupid to happen, which they got. They won on this one.”

Jiminez explained that Albers got scared when the crowd got close to him. “That's why he used those words,” he said. That still doesn't make the choice of words excusable, said Jiminez.

J-Dub
08-30-14, 06:22
Now where are all the "nothing will happen to those goons" people???? Where are they now????

Irish
08-30-14, 11:45
The first two idiots can go but I have a problem with this one.........

Respectfully, I disagree, to a point. There was definite need for training and disciplinary action but I don't know if forcing him to resign was the best course of action. He had 20 years of service and losing that much experience isn't good for a department. But, pointing a hot weapon at a citizen, and sweeping an entire crowd, who is not threatening you and telling them "I will ****ing kill you!" and when asked his name responds "Go **** yourself!" is completely unacceptable. I believe his actions amount to deadly force and if he were on the receiving end of having a weapon pointed at him there'd be lead flying towards the unbadged person.

I realize cops need to point guns at bad guys, obviously, and I don't question that. But, his actions appeared to be that of a man who was in panic mode and couldn't assess the situation so he decided to bring his weapon to bear as a security blanket. The mantra of "don't point a weapon at a cop and you won't get shot" is repeated constantly and there is no sympathy towards the person who gets lit up. Wearing a badge shouldn't entitle the person to violate gun safety rules and point weapons at people nilly willy either.

What if an innocent citizen felt threatened due to him pointing a gun at them and decided to unleash the hate? What then? Would they be justified in their actions? Rhetorical, I know, but I thought I'd bring it up. I look forward to your insight and response. Hope all's well your way!

http://youtu.be/3AFia3Uo0TQ

CoryCop25
08-30-14, 13:17
I agree that his choice of words are poor and any reprimand other than termination would have been suitable.
I won't even get in to the remarks and total disrespect of the idiot filming. Yes it is a volatile situation there between citizens and police but those cocky little white kids with their camera phones would be eaten alive by all the homies if the cops weren't there. (ok I got into it a little bit)
What the camera doesn't show is the brandishing of a firearm and shots fired seconds before this incident. What are we (police) supposed to do? "Please sir, step back and don't crowd me so I can see who has the gun and make sure I go home tonight"?
Sometimes police have to use "persuasion" to get people, especially angry people or people actively breaking the law, to comply.
Sir, drop the gun... Sir, drop the gun... Drop the f%#*ing gun or I'll shoot you in the F&^%ing face!
What I could see happening there is the gun fire occurring and a few cops not realizing that it was under control and the are still in condition red while other officers know that the situation was already under control.

Denali
08-30-14, 13:38

But the individual examples of abhorrent behavior bear no responsibility?

Koshinn
08-30-14, 13:47

Do police ruin the lives of criminals, or do criminals do it to themselves?

Eurodriver
08-30-14, 13:51
What happens when Wilson's grand jury comes back with an indictment? How is that going to affect LE actions in the future? You're getting your head smashed in by a big ass guy, but you're white and he's black - you shoot and go to jail or you don't shoot and suffer brain damage. Sucks to be in that position.

Now where are all the "nothing will happen to those goons" people???? Where are they now????

If I thought I saw my neighbor brandish a gun, thought I heard gunshots too, and walked over there pointing my AR15 at everyone and started yelling obscenities and you were the first LEO to respond - would I be facing something more serious than losing my job?

Sometimes police have to use "persuasion" to get people, especially angry people or people actively breaking the law, to comply.
Sir, drop the gun... Sir, drop the gun... Drop the f%#*ing gun or I'll shoot you in the F&^%ing face!

This is totally understandable and no one should have any issues with this.

Irish
08-30-14, 13:56
Yes it is a volatile situation there between citizens and police but those cocky little white kids with their camera phones would be eaten alive by all the homies if the cops weren't there.
No question! The knock out game followed by emptying of pockets.

What the camera doesn't show is the brandishing of a firearm and shots fired seconds before this incident.
I'm not questioning your integrity but is your information solely derived from a news article?

Yep, I get that. But the only thing I saw on camera was a bunch of white d-bag camera phone wielders.

What I could see happening there is the gun fire occurring and a few cops not realizing that it was under control and the are still in condition red while other officers know that the situation was already under control.
I can totally see that. Thanks for your response. As always, just looking for good conversation and your well thought out responses.

Check this dude out... He's right on point.

http://youtu.be/VT2v64Ykxc0

CoryCop25
08-30-14, 14:39
I like that dude, Irish.

I read the article and that is where all our information comes from in this particular incident. Hell, no one really knows what happened in the shooting yet!
I know the person that posted that video would like all his viewers to think that mean old cop pointed a gun at them unprovoked and yelled bad words at them. But seriously, a 20 year veteran Lieutenant? C'mon! That video would never make it to the interwebs if some dirt bag came rushing through the crowd of Dbags with camera phones unloading his pistol.
The problem I have with this is that how ever many people viewed this video saw a cop yelling bad words and pointing his rifle at a bunch of idiots that ran toward him when his rifle went up (does anyone see a problem with that????) and got fired!
Bullets travel faster than it takes to think about whether or not the group of people running toward you are the ones with the guns or not. YES he pointed his rifle at some camera phone wielding protesters, NO he did not light them up and he went home that night, and got fired the next day....

Belmont31R
08-30-14, 15:09
For clarity he wasn't fired. He resigned which means he'll keep getting paid (pension/retirement). He didn't get charged with a crime as anyone else would for pointing a firearm at someone and threatening to kill them. He was recommend for resignation or firing by the citizens review board which is a recommendation not a fiat. The police chief defended his actions. He can still be hired by another department.

T2C
08-30-14, 15:28
When faced with an angry crowd approaching you in an area that has a reputation for violence, what would the people participating in this thread do to protect themselves?

MorphCross
08-30-14, 15:48
What happens when Wilson's grand jury comes back with an indictment? How is that going to affect LE actions in the future? You're getting your head smashed in by a big ass guy, but you're white and he's black - you shoot and go to jail or you don't shoot and suffer brain damage. Sucks to be in that position.

Until a trial determines guilt, an indictment by the grand jury is just a formal charge. How the law is explained to the Jurors will go to determining if they return an indictment on Wilson. IOW, it won't affect current LEO work besides each officers own personal perceptions. Just like how cases of personal defense that are currently being tried shouldn't effect your choice beyond perception of shoot/don't shoot.

jmoney
08-30-14, 15:59
When faced with an angry crowd approaching you in an area that has a reputation for violence, what would the people participating in this thread do to protect themselves?

thats my question. What did they expect him to do. Did they not arrest several people over those days with weapons, and have incidents involving weapons? That was a bad situation all around, but looking through the lens of the LEO, I can understand. These people are provoking him and got the exact response they wanted. Could he have used better language? Absolutely, but when 100's of people take to the streets trying to get provoke an officer to point their weapon at them, what do they expect?

Irish
08-30-14, 17:11
Everyone milling about, and wandering around aimlessly, no one running, no one panicking, including your average everyday whitebread sympathizer, yet somehow guns were brandished and shots fired... I'm not buying it.

jmoney
08-30-14, 17:13
Everyone milling about, and wandering around aimlessly, no one running, no one panicking, including your average everyday whitebread sympathizer, yet somehow guns were brandished and shots fired... I'm not buying it.

that sounds like a fairy tail version...or something you would see reported on VICE

Irish
08-30-14, 17:14
that sounds like a fairy tail version...or something you would see reported on VICE

Watch the video linked above in this thread.

jmoney
08-30-14, 17:19
I did, there is an awful lot going on in that video, and I have no idea what he is pointing that gun at, all I see is him. Kind of hard to pass judgment, who knows what might have happened before that 50 second snippet started. He is obviously stressed out, so much that the supervisor had to call him off.

T2C
08-30-14, 17:24
Watch the video linked above in this thread.

I watched it. You cannot see the people standing next to or behind the person with the camera, so you cannot see what the officer is seeing at the time the incident occurred. The audio would lead a reasonable person to believe people were their for the purpose of provoking a response like the one you saw in the video and they got their wish. For whatever reason, the officer took the bait.

Irish
08-30-14, 17:28
@ 23 - 32 seconds in you can clearly see him pointing the weapon at numerous people. People trying to argue semantics over obvious poor and unsafe gun handling is disingenuous and complete bullshit. If this were any other person on the planet other than some dumb**** with a badge everyone would be jumping all over them ready to crucify them.

God forbid you don't agree with the bootlicking echo chamber. Hypocritical bullshit.

jmoney
08-30-14, 17:36
I watched it. You cannot see the people standing next to or behind the person with the camera, so you cannot see what the officer is seeing at the time the incident occurred. The audio would lead a reasonable person to believe people were their for the purpose of provoking a response like the one you saw in the video and they got their wish. For whatever reason, the officer took the bait.

Exactly. These "peaceful crowds" were full of people making death threats towards officers, and many others with weapons. I'm not going to base a conclusion off a 50 second clip from some moron trying to provoke a response from a police officer in what is clearly an tense situation.

You go looking for trouble, you are going to find it. Cop took the bait and is paying for it, but I can't imagine how anyone can support or condemn his actions based on that little snippet of video. Where he did screw up big time is saying I will f*ng kill you, because that little clip was perfect for the news...

T2C
08-30-14, 17:40
@ 23 - 32 seconds in you can clearly see him pointing the weapon at numerous people. People trying to argue semantics over obvious poor and unsafe gun handling is disingenuous and complete bullshit. If this were any other person on the planet other than some dumb**** with a badge everyone would be jumping all over them ready to crucify them.

God forbid you don't agree with the reasonable, objective and fair minded echo chamber. Hypocritical bullshit.

Fixed it for you.

The other officer who was fired needed to go. The man in the video needed disciplinary action, including a suspension. His resignation should satisfy most reasonable people.

Denali
08-30-14, 17:48

I'm sorry, but I'm just not seeing it, I'm sure that after dark there was plenty of nastiness, but aside from that everything I witnessed was peaceful, and reasonable demonstrating. What I witnessed were multiple examples of LEO's pointing firearms directly at American citizens who were pursuing their constitutional right to assemble, I saw multiple examples of police brazenly brandishing weapons at citizens! Such actions taken by citizens would have resulted in "felony" assault charges, or more likely death! I saw LEO's ranting what could easily have been construed to have been racist rhetoric, with the Lieutenant in question doing a fair combination of all absent injecting racial slurs, he ranted, threatened, and menaced, all while pointing his weapon at, American citizens! If he is allowed to just resign, he is getting off easily by my measure!

I have a lot of respect for police, its a tough job, and I know that the pay is not always the greatest, they perform a valuable service and often a thankless one. I am content with extending them some extra measure of latitude in most instances, but that line is drawn at Ferguson, and other less notorious altercations across America revolving around what can only be referred to as a projection of military force more reminiscent of Brazilian para-military units raiding favelas then traditional American police! Another thing, it is wise to remember that nobody has been drafted, its all freely chosen work, society doesn't owe anyone anything more then the paycheck that they draw for doing it...

glocktogo
08-30-14, 17:52

No, you sit in your cruiser and watch the suspect walk away. You don't arrest anyone unless there's a squad of officers at your 6. You slow roll on an active threat call so the suspect has time to get away.

I'm not excusing anything the locals did AFTER the shooting, but that community and the media took the word of a thug running with Brown and ran with it. Now the officer will get crucified even if it was a clean shoot. How will that effect how the remaining officer do their jobs? It's not rocket surgery. :(

WillBrink
08-30-14, 18:00
No question! The knock out game followed by emptying of pockets.

I'm not questioning your integrity but is your information solely derived from a news article?

Yep, I get that. But the only thing I saw on camera was a bunch of white d-bag camera phone wielders.

I can totally see that. Thanks for your response. As always, just looking for good conversation and your well thought out responses.

Check this dude out... He's right on point.

Yes he is. If there were more like him, the black community and the country would be FAR better off. Good on him.

madisonsfinest
08-30-14, 18:14
http://www.policeone.com/Crowd-Control/articles/7481992-Video-Mo-police-journalists-take-cover-from-hail-of-bullets/

This is what I saw! Sounds more like the wild west. Would the military hide behind armored vehicles when taking fire, or would they have over come the fire they were taking with superior fire power? I guess I can understand why officer's were on edge when working extra long hours under adverse conditions, and then dealing with people shooting at them at night

T2C
08-30-14, 21:45
Just so everyone has a better perspective of what the Lt. may have been thinking when faced with an angry crowd in an area known for violence, I suggest you research the listed names. All of them are LEO who died by gunfire in the Greater St. Louis area close to the area where the "civil disturbance" occurred. If the Lt. from St. Ann P.D. who was fired was hired at age 21, the deaths would have occurred while he was being raised and worked in the Greater St. Louis area,

If you add the list of LEO who died by being stabbed, bludgeoned to death or run down by a vehicle in the commission of a felony, the list would be three times this size.

Greater St. Louis area LEO killed by gunfire during the fired Lt.'s life:

Bradley Arn
Thomas Ballman
Fred Bergmann
William Biggs
Norvelle Brown
William Campbell
Gregory Erson
James Froemsdorf
Carl Graham
Francis Graham
Daryl Hall
Russell Harper
Jesse Henderson
Robert Hoelzel
Gregory Jones
Robert Jordan
Kenneth Koeller
Robert Kimberling
Michael King
Jeffry Kowalski
John LeCompte
Jimmie Linegar
Joann Liscombe
William McEntee
Willie Neal, Jr.
Aloysius Nelke
Terry O’Connell
Christopher Parsons
Harold Reeves
Lorenzo Rodgers
Louis Sebold
Nicholas Sloan
Claude Smith
Todd Stanton
Robert Stanze II
Gary Stroud
John Summers
David Thurman
Richard Weinhold
George Williams

If Denali or anyone else who was actually in Ferguson would like to comment on the list, tell us what they saw or provide video they recorded while attending the protests in Ferguson would like to comment, I am open and willing to listen to what they have to say.

Belmont31R
08-31-14, 00:43
Exactly. These "peaceful crowds" were full of people making death threats towards officers, and many others with weapons. I'm not going to base a conclusion off a 50 second clip from some moron trying to provoke a response from a police officer in what is clearly an tense situation.

You go looking for trouble, you are going to find it. Cop took the bait and is paying for it, but I can't imagine how anyone can support or condemn his actions based on that little snippet of video. Where he did screw up big time is saying I will f*ng kill you, because that little clip was perfect for the news...

There were plenty of threats from both sides. Not just this incident but theres others out there, too.

He wasn't 'baited' he was clearly rattled, probably sleep deprived, and on a short fuse. Doesn't mean he's not responsible for his actions or pointing his gun at people for no reason while throwing death threats out.

http://www.policeone.com/Crowd-Control/articles/7481992-Video-Mo-police-journalists-take-cover-from-hail-of-bullets/

This is what I saw! Sounds more like the wild west. Would the military hide behind armored vehicles when taking fire, or would they have over come the fire they were taking with superior fire power? I guess I can understand why officer's were on edge when working extra long hours under adverse conditions, and then dealing with people shooting at them at night

What does the military have to do with this? I don't even think there was a shooting just prior to this video or someone with a gun directly in front of him. 1. NO ONE ELSE was responding like there was just a shooting in the immediate area and 2. If there was someone with a gun the police would have gone after them. Plenty of other examples of them going after people in the crowd. Story doesn't add up. Funny how he was on the only one acting like that, and the officer with the white shirt had to pull his gun down. Why weren't all the other LEO's acting like there was just a shooting or a guy with a gun in the crowd?

Just so everyone has a better perspective of what the Lt. may have been thinking when faced with an angry crowd in an area known for violence, I suggest you research the listed names. All of them are LEO who died by gunfire in the Greater St. Louis area close to the area where the "civil disturbance" occurred. If the Lt. from St. Ann P.D. who was fired was hired at age 21, the deaths would have occurred while he was being raised and worked in the Greater St. Louis area,

If you add the list of LEO who died by being stabbed, bludgeoned to death or run down by a vehicle in the commission of a felony, the list would be three times this size.

Greater St. Louis area LEO killed by gunfire during the fired Lt.'s life:

Bradley Arn
Thomas Ballman
Fred Bergmann
William Biggs
Norvelle Brown
William Campbell
Gregory Erson
James Froemsdorf
Carl Graham
Francis Graham
Daryl Hall
Russell Harper
Jesse Henderson
Robert Hoelzel
Gregory Jones
Robert Jordan
Kenneth Koeller
Robert Kimberling
Michael King
Jeffry Kowalski
John LeCompte
Jimmie Linegar
Joann Liscombe
William McEntee
Willie Neal, Jr.
Aloysius Nelke
Terry O’Connell
Christopher Parsons
Harold Reeves
Lorenzo Rodgers
Louis Sebold
Nicholas Sloan
Claude Smith
Todd Stanton
Robert Stanze II
Gary Stroud
John Summers
David Thurman
Richard Weinhold
George Williams

If Denali or anyone else who was actually in Ferguson would like to comment on the list, tell us what they saw or provide video they recorded while attending the protests in Ferguson would like to comment, I am open and willing to listen to what they have to say.

So because over the span of decades we're going to reduce our expectations of our civil servants to pointing their guns at people and threatening to kill them? If this officer is so rattled by decades of unfortunate events he can't control himself then retiring is probably the best thing for him at this point. I mean quite a few military members died in Iraq before I went over there yet I was able to refrain from putting my gun in people's faces and threatening to kill them for no reason.

----------------------------

The Vice crew was there when a shooting actually did happen, and the SWAT officers yelled at them to run and get cover. A complete 180 of a reaction to what the officer who retired did. Funny how they didn't have to start pointing firearms at people or threaten to murder them...such a hard concept I know. We're supposed to feel sorry for this jackass? Another 'Im sure he feels bad so we can't blame him' type case where officers are seemingly not responsible for their actions because of a boo hoo sentiment? I thought police were supposed to be held to a higher standard because of the power and authority we give them not a lower standard. There's not a single person here who can honestly say a regular citizen who pointed a gun at other people while threatening to kill them would not be charged with a few crimes at minimum. As far as I'm concerned retirement is a slap on the wrist at most and he's lucky he won't get treated like the rest of us. While he'll be collecting a check for the rest of his life theres plenty of people rotting in jail or have to live with a criminal conviction because they open carried, carried without a permit, ect. I wonder how many people this department has charged for various firearms laws?

Moose-Knuckle
08-31-14, 02:49
We're supposed to feel sorry for this jackass?

Are we supposed to feel sorry for the jackasses with camera phones "that just had to be there" so they could protest a cop defending his life from a street thug?

Are we supposed to feel sorry for the jackass social justice shock troops spitting on LEOs, throwing urine at them, screaming for their blood, making terrorist threats, throwing bricks, Molotov cocktails, brandishing firearms, shooting, looting, committing arson?

Oh let me guess none of those types were in that crowd that night or in the general area because there is not any video of it right? So all these videos that show these out of control LEOs just so happen to only be long enough to show the LEO making said threats and pointing rifles around and the events leading up to those incidents are edited/censored out. Got it.

MorphCross
08-31-14, 03:11
Are we supposed to feel sorry for the jackasses with camera phones "that just had to be there" so they could protest a cop defending his life from a street thug?

Are we supposed to feel sorry for the jackass social justice shock troops spitting on LEOs, throwing urine at them, screaming for their blood, making terrorist threats, throwing bricks, Molotov cocktails, brandishing firearms, shooting, looting, committing arson?

Oh let me guess none of those types were in that crowd that night or in the general area because there is not any video of it right? So all these videos that show these out of control LEOs just so happen to only be long enough to show the LEO making said threats and pointing rifles around and the events leading up to those incidents are edited/censored out. Got it.

There in sums up the importance of officer POV cameras that record and store the data remotely. I'm willing to bet that if all these officers had their own POV cams these issues would be rectified. First rule of information wars, never allow your opponent the advantage of controlling the information. Maybe the Fed should subsidize the cost of these cameras, installation, infrastructure, and storage.

Belmont31R
08-31-14, 03:16

No I didn't say that.

Your jackasses with a camera phone were there legally. Like it or not Im not sure how many lawsuits its going take but LE has to get used to the idea of being filmed. Funny how so much hostility comes around when the lenses are pointed the other way. Funny thing. I was involved in an accident a few months ago and the officer pointed out how they had an audio recorder going at all times. I inquired about the accident because the other driver admitted fault to both me and the officer. I didn't want the other driver to change their story after the fact. The officer assured me everything was on audio and would be available as part of the case.

Yet in this case, people putting such technology and evidence the other way around is met with scorn. No wonder so many different PD's have to get slapped with lawsuits and court rulings to remind them that filming the police is legal and they cannot arrest people for it. Austin PD just got that same verdict handed to them here locally. Keep pushing it and theres going to be a ton of people getting paychecks. Bottom line is quit blaming a camera for your (generalized) actions and start with some accountability on your end.

As I said anyone but a LEO (or other gov employee) pointing a gun at people and threatening to kill them would be a serious criminal charge and insta jail time. While people want to boo hoo this guy theres people out there with convictions and in prison right now because of mundane firearms violations. This guy's retirement with a paycheck is a gift compared to what the rest of us would be faced with.

T2C
08-31-14, 04:27
1) The people milling about had the absolute right to mill about. If you are in an area where shooting incidents frequently occur and recently occurred and you point something LEO cannot immediately identify, expect to have a firearm pointed in your direction.

2) The Lt.'s language and conduct were inappropriate. Understanding a little bit about his life experience does not mean you have to agree with his displaying a firearm, but it should give a reasonable person a glimpse into his mindset.

3) The police did not want to be there. The presence of the crowd required that they be there.

4) If a camera captures 360 degrees and we can see everything that is going on in a particular environment, it would be easier to draw a conclusion. Without a 360 degree recording, a reasonable person should take that into account when determining if anyone. LEO or not, is justified in their actions.

5) This incident is not a traffic accident. Traffic in no way, shape or form comes close to what the LEO were dealing with at the time.

Did the Lt. foul up? Yes. Should the Lt. be charged criminally? Doubtful. Unless you live(d) in a heavily populated area with a substantial amount of government housing and the crime that goes along with it, it may be difficult to understand.

As we see more and more tax payer flight from urban areas, we are going to see more incidents of this type.

J-Dub
08-31-14, 06:21
No I didn't say that.

Your jackasses with a camera phone were there legally. Like it or not Im not sure how many lawsuits its going take but LE has to get used to the idea of being filmed. Funny how so much hostility comes around when the lenses are pointed the other way. Funny thing. I was involved in an accident a few months ago and the officer pointed out how they had an audio recorder going at all times. I inquired about the accident because the other driver admitted fault to both me and the officer. I didn't want the other driver to change their story after the fact. The officer assured me everything was on audio and would be available as part of the case.

Yet in this case, people putting such technology and evidence the other way around is met with scorn. No wonder so many different PD's have to get slapped with lawsuits and court rulings to remind them that filming the police is legal and they cannot arrest people for it. Austin PD just got that same verdict handed to them here locally. Keep pushing it and theres going to be a ton of people getting paychecks. Bottom line is quit blaming a camera for your (generalized) actions and start with some accountability on your end.

As I said anyone but a LEO (or other gov employee) pointing a gun at people and threatening to kill them would be a serious criminal charge and insta jail time. While people want to boo hoo this guy theres people out there with convictions and in prison right now because of mundane firearms violations. This guy's retirement with a paycheck is a gift compared to what the rest of us would be faced with.

Here's what I got from this post "yes the LEO got fired, which is what I claim never happens, however I still need to bitch since he didn't get the death penalty".

You gotta love the avg. amerikan. Damned if you do, damned if you do but don't execute.

P.S., here's a little free education. Your traffic accident is CIVIL, the at fault driver could tell your insurance agent he hit your car, and in the same breath tell him (the agent) to go **** himself. They (insurance comp) send him to collections, and you'll be paying the deductible. So, youre voice recording and video are worthless. Unless you take the guy to civil court for a $250 deductible.

J-Dub
08-31-14, 06:35

DUH, that's because everyone is a constitutional lawyer. They are all knowing, all seeing, and all mighty. They are tired of following the rules (aka laws), and feel as though "tha man" is keeping them down. They want anarchy. That is their magical utopia they believe is actually possible. They loath authority, and yearn for the day they can put every politician, police officer, deputy, etc. behind bars for all the oppression those individuals are responsible for....

And always remember, its never their fault, its always the Police's fault, ALWAYS. So of course you don't need to look at the circumstances surrounding the incident. You simply need to err on the side of caution, and demand PRISON time and/or executions. Resignations and firings are NOT ENOUGH, they need blood. They need freedom to be taken away.

Alpha Sierra
08-31-14, 08:53
As we see more and more tax payer flight from urban areas, we are going to see more incidents of this type.
There will always be stupid hipsters trying to gentrify those areas.

Denali
08-31-14, 13:38
Just so everyone has a better perspective of what the Lt. may have been thinking when faced with an angry crowd in an area known for violence, I suggest you research the listed names.

The list is awful, I'm sure such details are the constant intellectual companion of every cop everywhere in the world, they certainly would be mine! I have a question, Did the reality that the job is dangerous stop you, or other young men/women from pursuing the occupation in the first place? Apparently not, everyone enters into the profession well informed of the potential hazards, and of their own free will, there is no draft, more importantly there is no set of chains restraining each individual from moving on to some other occupation! Its dangerous as hell in North Mlps too, does that imply that police are free to wander about the community, indiscriminately threatening, and pointing their guns at everyone out of fear of joining the list of fallen? It is my position that because we extend you a much wider latitude then we do other civil service type occupations, that you also be held to an equally higher standard...

BTW, I was not in Ferguson, I watched it all via the wall to wall 24/7 coverage....

Eurodriver
08-31-14, 17:09

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RK5bMSyJCsg
https://www.techdirt.com/articles/20100927/16352111185/judge-tosses-out-wiretapping-charges-against-motorcyclist-who-filmed-cop-with-helmet-cam.shtml

Yep.

jmoney
08-31-14, 17:29
wow, that guy messed up bad. He just jumped out of the car with a gun? He didn't have anything on him that would have led someone to think he was a police officer, he didn't even show a badge or say anything. I would have thought a crazy person had jumped out at me.

CoryCop25
08-31-14, 17:34
Were you watching the same video I just did?
Trooper observes cyclist speeding at 127 MPH and reckless driving?
Grabs marked unit to follow him and block cyclist off, exits vehicle, draws but does not point pistol and says get off the motorcycle, STATE POLICE.
Cyclist turns and looks behind him and there's a marked vehicle behind him.

jmoney
08-31-14, 17:39
I think so? I just re-watched it, the car that came up has no markings, neither does he, there are no flashers. He doesn't say state police until he has already closed the distance and put his hand on the bike.

I mean if you were un an unmarked car, in plain clothes, with no identification, would the first thing you yell is state police so someone doesn't mistake you for a pissed off motorist with a gun?

CoryCop25
08-31-14, 17:45
I think so? I just re-watched it, the car that came up has no markings, neither does he, there are no flashers. He doesn't say state police until he has already closed the distance and put his hand on the bike.

I mean if you were un an unmarked car, in plain clothes, with no identification, would the first thing you yell is state police so someone doesn't mistake you for a pissed off motorist with a gun?

Car behind is marked you can see the yellow badge on the door.
Considering I always carry a gun when I ride, and most do around here, my badge isn't going to keep me as safe as my gun. Yes, I would say police, get off the bike first.
And for the record, video me all you want, but you have to disclose it as I do. A GoPro on the helmet is disclosure enough for me....

jmoney
08-31-14, 18:16
Car behind is marked you can see the yellow badge on the door.
Considering I always carry a gun when I ride, and most do around here, my badge isn't going to keep me as safe as my gun. Yes, I would say police, get off the bike first.
And for the record, video me all you want, but you have to disclose it as I do. A GoPro on the helmet is disclosure enough for me....

Thats my bad, I only see the markings on the first car, I thought the second was a totally different car. I wonder if what criminal charges he wound up with, it looks like they went after him for the camera and he won that one.

CoryCop25
08-31-14, 18:35
Thats my bad, I only see the markings on the first car, I thought the second was a totally different car. I wonder if what criminal charges he wound up with, it looks like they went after him for the camera and he won that one.

Most likely traffic violations. The wire tap charge was BS. It was probably in retaliation for posting the video on the web. It was a stretch at best and that wouldn't make it past the approving Assistant DA here.

Safetyhit
08-31-14, 20:07
Nobody likes police brutality but I find the extent some will go to demonize the officers rather stupefying. Yes they're held to a higher standard and if they didn't abide by it countless pieces of garbage would be justifiably offed in the back of a patrol car. So what if he used expletives and was forceful? Not only was it a potential riot situation in a very hostile area but surely the local and state police are feeling like it's them against the world with all the baseless negative coverage and accusations.

The men should get their jobs back and some members of the general populace should seriously consider how narrowly they view things when convenient.

Eurodriver
08-31-14, 20:19
wow, that guy messed up bad. He just jumped out of the car with a gun? He didn't have anything on him that would have led someone to think he was a police officer, he didn't even show a badge or say anything. I would have thought a crazy person had jumped out at me.

While I agree it's total BS that he drew down on the guy (since when does speeding require your weapon being out?) , my point was more about him being arrested on wiretapping charges for posting a YouTube video of police.

jmoney
08-31-14, 20:47
While I agree it's total BS that he drew down on the guy (since when does speeding require your weapon being out?) , my point was more about him being arrested on wiretapping charges for posting a YouTube video of police.

I'm glad the courts have sorted this issue out, I'm tired of BS around videotaping. I do know that riders have can sometimes have the bad habit of running off from the police on bikes, I certainly knew a few that would brag about it way back when I had a crotch rocket. Still would have freaked me out, but then again I never drove like a lunatic on the interstate...maybe on the back rounds :cool:.

lunchbox
08-31-14, 21:10
If there was a marked patrol car why didn't he pull guy over? Just sayin, because there was there was nothing about first guy that distinguished himself as an officer. First guy jumps out of a unmarked car with a gun, and advances. I usually give LEO benefit of doubt, but this cat could have been skinned using a different knife. EDIT: I was able to get to a bigger screen and see that cyclist looked over shoulder and saw that he was being pursued a couple cars back by a marked car. Still not cool with unmarked cars, with unmarked officer, pulling weapons and advancing with out identifying themselves.

Alpha Sierra
08-31-14, 22:24
And for the record, video me all you want, but you have to disclose it as I do.

Wrong answer. You may have to disclose that you are recording video due to department policy, but in my state there is NO consent required from a subject to record video, and only one party consent to record audio (and I am the party that grants consent).

So if you work in Ohio you get to be on video and audio at my pleasure.

BoringGuy45
09-01-14, 00:29
Law enforcement is the one job that everyone knows how to do but the cops themselves, according to the general public. The public hates cops; they hate all authority. People want to answer to nothing and nobody, and they want government regulation and handouts to ensure that there is no consequences for their actions either. Cops can't win. People will in one breath say that they are overtrained and too militarized for the job and in the next breath claim that they don't have enough training and discipline to do the job. They will say that the police should leave tactical/CT and riot control to the military, but when the military is called in, people get angry and say that the military shouldn't being doing law enforcement and the police need to step in; rinse and repeat. When there's a lot of petty crime that causes blight in a neighborhood, people get pissed at the PD for not cracking down. But when they do crack down on the petty crime, the same people complain that the police are being too strict. When there's a lot of crime, people scream for more police officers. As soon as new officers get hired, the people scream that this is a waste of money, won't solve the problem, and that the money should have been spent on the school system. People will get pissed that the police aren't writing tickets for all the speeders zooming down their road, but as soon as THEY get a ticket for speeding down their road, that cop was an unprofessional jerk, he's corrupt, and cops need to mind their own business and go catch REAL criminals!

Generally speaking, people are pissed that the police are not their own personal slaves that answer only to them, and they don't like the fact that they are subject to the same laws they demand the police enforce on everyone else. That's America.

G22inSC
09-01-14, 07:45
BoringGuy45 just summed it all up exactly.

J-Dub
09-01-14, 09:16
Law enforcement is the one job that everyone knows how to do but the cops themselves, according to the general public. The public hates cops; they hate all authority. People want to answer to nothing and nobody, and they want government regulation and handouts to ensure that there is no consequences for their actions either. Cops can't win. People will in one breath say that they are overtrained and too militarized for the job and in the next breath claim that they don't have enough training and discipline to do the job. They will say that the police should leave tactical/CT and riot control to the military, but when the military is called in, people get angry and say that the military shouldn't being doing law enforcement and the police need to step in; rinse and repeat. When there's a lot of petty crime that causes blight in a neighborhood, people get pissed at the PD for not cracking down. But when they do crack down on the petty crime, the same people complain that the police are being too strict. When there's a lot of crime, people scream for more police officers. As soon as new officers get hired, the people scream that this is a waste of money, won't solve the problem, and that the money should have been spent on the school system. People will get pissed that the police aren't writing tickets for all the speeders zooming down their road, but as soon as THEY get a ticket for speeding down their road, that cop was an unprofessional jerk, he's corrupt, and cops need to mind their own business and go catch REAL criminals!

Generally speaking, people are pissed that the police are not their own personal slaves that answer only to them, and they don't like the fact that they are subject to the same laws they demand the police enforce on everyone else. That's America.

That is the single best forum post I have ever read.

Sensei
09-01-14, 09:23

I got the feeling that he was trying to evade the marked car as he looked over his shoulder.

Eurodriver
09-01-14, 10:53

I don't think there is a member on this forum who disagrees with the majority of your post. Spot on. I just don't want to see MRAPs in my neighborhood unless we're being invaded. I don't want to be threatened with murder by a man holding an AR15, ever. And if I had no choice in having MRAPs on my street, I trust the military with military equipment a hell of a lot more than I do rage-fueled LEOs.

You bring up people not wanting the military around to restore order. There were 9 college kids in Arkansas who would disagree with that.

But again, your post is spot on. I have a neighbor who continuously complains about speeders on our street and how the stop sign is constantly being ran. Think she stops at the stop sign on her way home?

I got the feeling that he was trying to evade the marked car as he looked over his shoulder.

I didn't see that. Not disagreeing with you, I must have missed it. I assumed there was no marked unit following because if he saw it he sure as hell did a piss poor job getting away. Gotta be commited when the blue lights come on.

Sensei
09-01-14, 12:01
I
I didn't see that. Not disagreeing with you, I must have missed it. I assumed there was no marked unit following because if he saw it he sure as hell did a piss poor job getting away. Gotta be commited when the blue lights come on.

At around 1:06 he blows past the marked unit in the median. He then made several aggressive lane changes as the marked unit caught up to him.

T2C
09-01-14, 21:58

This post is on point.

Moose-Knuckle
09-10-14, 20:32
Protests, anger, doubt prevail at Ferguson meeting

FERGUSON, Mo. (AP) — Elected leaders in the St. Louis suburb where an unarmed black 18-year-old was fatally shot by a white police officer hoped to use their first public meeting since Michael Brown's death as a chance to promote community healing.

Instead, they were greeted Tuesday night with anger, outrage and warnings of voter retribution at the ballot box. Proposals to overhaul the municipal courts and create a citizen police review board were greeted warily, if not with outright skepticism.

"You've lost your authority to govern this community," said St. Louis activist John Chasnoff. "You're going to have to step aside peacefully if this community is going to heal."

http://news.yahoo.com/ferguson-reforms-met-rancor-city-meeting-052851400.html

Moose-Knuckle
09-11-14, 03:56
Authorities arrest protestors blocking Interstate 70

Highway Patrol Sgt. Al Nothum said that 35 people were arrested, most on charges of unlawful assembly. Nothum said protesters threw rocks, concrete blocks, bricks and bottles, leading to four charges of assault on a law enforcement officer.

http://abcnews.go.com/US/wireStory/ferguson-reforms-met-rancor-city-meeting-25396374

J-Dub
09-11-14, 07:52
That's just "tha man" tryin to keep the peeps down, yo...

Moose-Knuckle
09-26-14, 21:33
Justice Department tells Ferguson police to stop wearing bracelets

http://www.reuters.com/article/2014/09/27/us-usa-missouri-shooting-idUSKCN0HM01120140927

jpmuscle
09-26-14, 22:51

http://www.reuters.com/article/2014/09/27/us-usa-missouri-shooting-idUSKCN0HM01120140927
F that bs ....

SeriousStudent
09-26-14, 23:35
So I guess my "Fry Mumia" T-shirt is completely out of the question, then.......

T2C
09-26-14, 23:50

How the Justice Department believes it has the right or authority to do this is beyond me.

jpmuscle
09-26-14, 23:54
How the Justice Department believes it has the right or authority to do this is beyond me.
Absolute power corrupts absolutely, and all that jazz..

platoonDaddy
09-27-14, 05:58

Exactly, what federal law if any is being violated by wearing the Wilson bracelets?

TriviaMonster
09-27-14, 08:29
Its the future version of the 2A. It shall grant everlasting power to the Sun King Hussein and his minions.

Moose-Knuckle
09-27-14, 10:53

I would love for the DOJ to try and tell my FOP Lodge to stop sending monetary donations to Officer Wilson . . .

platoonDaddy
09-27-14, 11:37
Question: if the department is "under review" (which it is) by DOJ, does that give DOJ command authority over them?

Averageman
09-27-14, 11:42
After seeing the Chief try and come out and appologise to the parents and the end result, I dont see anything good comming out of the whole mess.
I can see Holders fingerprints all over this stuff and the end result is, it just gets worse.

T2C
09-27-14, 23:52
This helps to give people a better picture of where the Ferguson officers and other officers in the St. Louis area work.

http://news.yahoo.com/officer-shot-strife-hit-u-city-ferguson-police-032021738.html

jpmuscle
09-28-14, 00:03
This helps to give people a better picture of where the Ferguson officers and other officers in the St. Louis area work.

http://news.yahoo.com/officer-shot-strife-hit-u-city-ferguson-police-032021738.html
Tef Poe is an idiot. Ducks can certainly be aggressive.

MountainRaven
09-28-14, 00:15
Tef Poe is an idiot. Ducks can certainly be aggressive.

Yup. Ain't no such thing as a "safe" wild animal. Even mice will bite if they feel the need to.

Moose-Knuckle
09-28-14, 02:20
according to Kareem Jackson, 27, a musician who goes by the stage name Tef Poe and is a member of the activist group HandsUp United.

"People are peaceful as a duck, just literally standing on the side of the street watching," he said in a phone interview from the site where protesters had gathered.

That's deep coming from a "musician activist", aka unemployed thug.

I have to admit that I'm not familiar with that simile. Maybe Kareem aka Tef Poe (short for Theft Poor?) meant to say "peaceful as a dove"?

platoonDaddy
09-28-14, 04:12

Dang it is also headline on Fox. Our country is in a downward spiral, that we might never recover from. How sad, how is Hope & Change working.

Reporting two officers were shot:
http://theconservativetreehouse.com/2014/09/28/i-hope-that-bitch-die-ferguson-protestors-caught-on-video-praying-for-and-cheering-for-wounded-police-officers-to-die/

Koshinn
09-28-14, 05:56
They need to just eminent domain the whole city for dirt cheap prices, bull doze it, and make it a landfill.

Sensei
09-28-14, 06:09

They don't and they didn't. The title is misleading crap. The actual article says that the DOJ sent a letter to the Furgason PD leadership ASKING THEM to prohibit the bracelets. There was never a directive from DOJ that the bracelets not be worn. That implication in the title is just pure BS and Reuters being Reuters as they grab headlines. Too bad a lot of people swallowed it.

The DOJ can send these letter and the Furgason PD can tell them to screw themselves if they choose.

Eurodriver
09-28-14, 07:07

Averageman
09-28-14, 07:24
http://www.aol.com/article/2014/09/28/police-ferguson-officer-shot-2-suspects-wanted/20968716/?icid=maing-grid7%7Chtmlws-sb-bb%7Cdl1%7Csec1_lnk3%26pLid%3D536838

A search was underway for the suspects early Sunday in Ferguson, the St. Louis suburb that's been the scene of racial unrest in the wake of the August shooting death of an unarmed black 18-year-old by a white police officer.

Belmar said he did not think the officer's shooting was related to two separate protests about Michael Brown's shooting that were going on Saturday night around the same time.

No, it couldn't be...?

T2C
09-28-14, 10:30
http://www.aol.com/article/2014/09/28/police-ferguson-officer-shot-2-suspects-wanted/20968716/?icid=maing-grid7%7Chtmlws-sb-bb%7Cdl1%7Csec1_lnk3%26pLid%3D536838

A search was underway for the suspects early Sunday in Ferguson, the St. Louis suburb that's been the scene of racial unrest in the wake of the August shooting death of an unarmed black 18-year-old by a white police officer.

Belmar said he did not think the officer's shooting was related to two separate protests about Michael Brown's shooting that were going on Saturday night around the same time.

No, it couldn't be...?

Belmar may be correct. LEO get shot at and hit more often in the Greater St. Louis area than most people realize. This incident may not be related to the Michael Brown shooting, just business as usual.

The hits just keep on coming.................http://www.thegatewaypundit.com/2014/09/second-police-officer-shot-in-drive-by-shooting-near-ferguson-video/

Averageman
09-28-14, 10:50
http://www.kmov.com/news/local/St-Louis-City-officer-shot-at-along-I-70-277354401.html

According to authorities, the 48-year-old officer was in the right lane when a passing vehicle with an unknown number of suspects began firing at the officer's vehicle.

Police say the officer's car was struck but the officer did not sustain any gunshot wounds. He was injured by broken glass and was taken to a hospital.

Close to Ferguson, I'm wondering if taking to the streets in protest has morphed into something a little more deadly?

T2C
09-28-14, 10:58
http://www.kmov.com/news/local/St-Louis-City-officer-shot-at-along-I-70-277354401.html

According to authorities, the 48-year-old officer was in the right lane when a passing vehicle with an unknown number of suspects began firing at the officer's vehicle.

Police say the officer's car was struck but the officer did not sustain any gunshot wounds. He was injured by broken glass and was taken to a hospital.

Close to Ferguson, I'm wondering if taking to the streets in protest has morphed into something a little more deadly?

This could be nothing more than a typical warm weather night in the St. Louis area.

Moose-Knuckle
09-29-14, 02:14
In the first thread that was about the initial shooting that got locked, many people questioned the police response with longarms, plate carriers, a Lenco Bearcat, etc. as being to militarized. Maybe now some realize just why those officers rolled out the way they did.

platoonDaddy
10-17-14, 17:27
St. Louis County police confirm there has been a shooting near the intersection of Ferguson Road and Sharondale. The shooting occurred on Friday afternoon near the Park Ridge apartments.

The Federal Bureau of Alcohol Tobacco and Firearms are involved in the incident. Police are on the scene. They are looking closely at a black Chevy car parked on the grass near the apartments. Officers can be seen taking pictures of the vehicle and looking inside.

http://www.fireandreamitchell.com/2014/10/17/atf-shooting-near-park-ridge-apartments-ferguson/

T2C
10-17-14, 22:44
Another shooting in the Greater St. Louis area? It's a common occurrence and not news.

Moose-Knuckle
10-20-14, 01:09
Since Ebola has been taking the lime light, there has been another black teen shot dead by LE in the area, had GSW residue on his hands. That has they say is a clue. Also, daily protests, arrests, this situation has not gone away. MSM is focused on Ebola is all. When they announce that the Ferguson Officer is no billed except to see MSM coverage of the aftermath.

Belmont31R
10-20-14, 01:32
Since Ebola has been taking the lime light, there has been another black teen shot dead by LE in the area, had GSW residue on his hands. That has they say is a clue. Also, daily protests, arrests, this situation has not gone away. MSM is focused on Ebola is all. When they announce that the Ferguson Officer is no billed except to see MSM coverage of the aftermath.

I didn't expect anything different.

What would you say the 'clue' is to LE glassing people, and not following basic firearms safety principles?

Basically almost 100% of people's issues were with the LE response. I don't get why the incident gets to be buried because of the officer is no billed, and then the LE response gets to die with the incident?

Moose-Knuckle
10-20-14, 03:39
What would you say the 'clue' is to LE glassing people, and not following basic firearms safety principles?

Has LE been "glassing" people since the first riot broke out back in August?

platoonDaddy
10-20-14, 06:02
Will the main stream media cover this story:

Blacks with **** the Police shirts attack fans at Rams game

The St. Louis Rams upset the Seattle Seahawks today. Sadly, afterwards, Black Mike Brown protesters dressed in **** the Police t-shirts attacked white fans as they exited the game. There were two arrests and two injuries

http://www.fireandreamitchell.com/2014/10/19/blacks-****-police-shirts-attack-fans-rams-game/

J-Dub
10-20-14, 06:26
Has LE been "glassing" people since the first riot broke out back in August?

I'd guess the response will be "of course they are, because they evil".

Fact is this entire incident is only news because Jesse Jackson and Alpo Sharpton made a big deal out of it with the media.....its called sensational journalism. And stupid people (rioters in MO) will believe anything the tv says.

Eurodriver
10-20-14, 06:31

The St. Louis Rams upset the Seattle Seahawks today. Sadly, afterwards, Black Mike Brown protesters dressed in **** the Police t-shirts attacked white fans as they exited the game. There were two arrests and two injuries

http://www.fireandreamitchell.com/2014/10/19/blacks-****-police-shirts-attack-fans-rams-game/

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=j9yBPcn8IqU

"Don't go to parties with metal detectors. Sure, it feels safe inside. But what about all those *****s waiting out side with guns. They know you ain't got one..."

Moose-Knuckle
10-20-14, 18:02

Keep it classy St. Louis . . . hate crimes are not hate crimes so long as the victims are white. SOP . . .

platoonDaddy
10-22-14, 14:32
in the catagory "you can't make this shit up!"

Anti-Gun Senator Jamilah Nasheed Arrested in Ferguson Carrying a 9mm

http://tacticalshit.com/anti-gun-senator-jamilah-nasheed-arrested-ferguson-carrying-9mm/

FromMyColdDeadHand
10-22-14, 15:21
Any idea on when the grand jury's decision will come out? Considering the secrecy around the GJs, will they say that they won't, or will time just pass?

Voodoo_Man
10-22-14, 15:27
Any idea on when the grand jury's decision will come out? Considering the secrecy around the GJs, will they say that they won't, or will time just pass?

They are probably trying to make sure LE is prepped for the riots.

.46caliber
10-22-14, 21:00
They are probably trying to make sure LE is prepped for the riots.

This the rumor among some local LEs. That the decision is not to indict but after recent unrest in South STL they've not yet released the findings of the GJ.

Sent from my Nexus 4 using Tapatalk

T2C
10-22-14, 21:09
I believe the Grand Jury proceedings took a bit longer than they should and releasing the decision should be done quickly. Dragging things out will serve no useful purpose. Law enforcement has had a lot of time to prepare. The Missouri National Guard should be ready to move in if the demonstrations, aka burning, looting and rioting, are large scale.

Get the information out there and deal with the problems now!

Averageman
10-23-14, 01:25
It would appear that MSNBC is hoping to stir as much anger and resentment up as possible.

Lawerence O'Donnel was just on explaining to a Pathologist how gun shot wounds work and why M. Brown had to have been shot in a near execution style due to the head wound.
I'm not sure where Mr O'Donnel received his experience, or his Medical degree,
Oh, what do you know, here is his Bio, http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Lawrence_O'Donnell
"graduated from Harvard College (class of 1974) with a major in economics in 1976.[4]"
So I'm sure then he is qualified to explain gun shot wounds to all of us and correct an MD.

Guys like this and reporting like that will insure that St Louis gets the utmost chance to be burnt to the ground.

Moose-Knuckle
10-24-14, 03:25
Report: African-American Witnesses Support Wilson’s Claims But Are Afraid To Come Forward

https://screen.yahoo.com/report-african-american-witnesses-support-093802378.html

You might be ghetto when you assault family members over proceeds from your dead gang banging relative's memorial t-shirts! :lol:

Police Investigating Argument Between Michael Brown`s Relatives

http://news.yahoo.com/video/police-investigating-argument-between-michael-130237984.html

Eurodriver
03-12-15, 05:40
2 LEOs shot. One in the face one in the shoulder during "peaceful" protest. Suspect unknown.

http://www.cnn.com/2015/03/12/us/ferguson-protests/index.html

Palmguy
03-12-15, 05:59
2 LEOs shot. One in the face one in the shoulder during "peaceful" protest. Suspect unknown.

http://www.cnn.com/2015/03/12/us/ferguson-protests/index.html

Both officers expected survive. Idiots on Twitter already saying it was a false flag.

jpmuscle
03-12-15, 06:06
Damn hood rats...

Voodoo_Man
03-12-15, 06:31
...and not a single word from the left condeming their actions.

It is pathetic that the admin is so against LE.

Eurodriver
03-12-15, 06:55
No they aren't. They are banning M855 out of officer safety concerns.

jpmuscle
03-12-15, 06:57
Righttttttttt lol

Noodles
03-12-15, 11:12

On that topic... Reports are 3-5 shots fired from a house on a hill across from the Ferg PD... Want to bet that it was a rifle? How many thugs do you know that could hit two cops in 3-5 shots from more than 20y+ away with a handgun?

I'm not saying false flag, but I am betting rifle. And on the topic of rifle, AR is the most common. And on the topic of AR, would it be so unreasonable to think that maybe green tip was used?

Sam
03-12-15, 11:54

Like I said from the very beginning last August, the savages want blood, blood from police officers. They will cowardly do this little ambush here and there. As everyone can see, even the mostly corrupted at the top DOJ couldn't find anything to frame officer Wilson as his self defense action was justified any way you look at it. It's easy for them to put the racial issue on the department and so they have something to appease the savages.

Back in November I wish the entire Ferguson PD would just resign and go away, leave the crummy city to rot and burn like neighborhood in Detroit. The former officers can always find jobs somewhere else far far away from the decay. Idaho, Montana and the Dakotas would be good places for a new start.

sevenhelmet
03-12-15, 12:08
On that topic... Reports are 3-5 shots fired from a house on a hill across from the Ferg PD... Want to bet that it was a rifle? How many thugs do you know that could hit two cops in 3-5 shots from more than 20y+ away with a handgun?

I'm not saying false flag, but I am betting rifle. And on the topic of rifle, AR is the most common. And on the topic of AR, would it be so unreasonable to think that maybe green tip was used?

They were saying on the "news" that police think it was a handgun, because rifles all have supersonic ammo and the officer was hit in the face and survived, which couldn't possibly have happened had he been shot with a rifle. Some talking head was yapping about how hard a 125 yard shot is with a handgun (OK, valid point) and how he wouldn't be surprised if a handgun with a telescopic sight was used.

Sounds to me like blind speculation. Apparently nobody at CNN has heard of subsonic rifle ammo (not to mention that I'm not convinced witnesses could tell the difference).

jpmuscle
03-12-15, 12:26
Must have been an AR pistol, obviously. With a Sig brace no doubt.

Sensei
03-12-15, 12:26

I posted this on another forum, but it also fits in this discussion. It really boils down to the Adversity Factor (AF) which can be calculated according to the following equation:

AF = X^2 / (YZ^3)

Where X is the relative pigment on a scale of 1-10, Y is the fraction of the ethnic group in the US population, and Z is the amount of wealth that the ethnic group controls. Populations with low AF's are afforded more leniency by the media and liberal political forces when it comes to self-advocacy, violent criminal activity, and overall douchbaggedness. For example, a Nigerian living in America would have an X = 10, Y = 0.01, and Z = $10M. On the other hand a Jew living in America would have a much lower AF due to the Jewish population's large amount of wealth that is cubed in the denominator. A white dude at an OU fraternity is screwed due to the X = 1, Y = 0.6, and Z = $5B.

I strongly suggest that LEO's who are faced with a potential lethal force situation use this formula before deploying their sidearm, Taser, or pepper spray. In addition, those of you who are mathematically challenged might want to print AF "dope charts" on your weapon's grip that contains X, Y, and Z variables for the ethnic populations living in your jurisdictions. This will aid in rapid, accurate calculations of a suspect's AF and prevent more tragedies that result in lost life, riots, and excessive internet bandwidth use.

T2C
03-12-15, 12:35

This is typical of the current regime.

If anyone thinks there won't be any more officers targeted, they are dreaming.

docsherm
03-12-15, 12:50
This is really bad for us (normal legal firearms owners). All restrictions that have been places on us since 1934 have been because criminals are hurting LEO. Every BS firearm law is out of "officer safety". We are going to get screwed again and this is the fuel for it.

Eurodriver
03-12-15, 14:18
How ironic that the population most unlike and least supportive of the Ferguson protesters would be targeted for actions taken during protests.

Also ironic is the thread title given the current events.

This is really bad for us (normal legal firearms owners). All restrictions that have been places on us since 1934 have been because criminals are hurting LEO. Every BS firearm law is out of "officer safety". We are going to get screwed again and this is the fuel for it.

Eurodriver
03-12-15, 14:45
This is typical of the current regime.

If anyone thinks there won't be any more officers targeted, they are dreaming.

Violence against police is unacceptable. Our prayers are with the officers in MO. Path to justice is one all of us must travel together. –bo

sevenhelmet
03-12-15, 14:50

Never let a crisis go to waste, especially if you can criminalize people who are doing nothing bad to anyone.

jpmuscle
03-12-15, 16:02
Bid of the shooting in the link

http://drudgegae.iavian.net/v2/r?n=1&s=2&u=http%3A%2F%2Frt.com%2Fusa%2F239989-video-cops-shot-ferguson%2F

Doc Safari
03-12-15, 16:06

Undoubtedly the Left will use this shooting in an attempt to revive the M855 ban. Kinda like it was "planned" for that reason, huh?

sevenhelmet
03-12-15, 17:29
Nah, they'll just try to ban all 5.56 ammo. What a joke!

Eurodriver
03-12-15, 17:41
Bid of the shooting in the link

http://drudgegae.iavian.net/v2/r?n=1&s=2&u=http%3A%2F%2Frt.com%2Fusa%2F239989-video-cops-shot-ferguson%2F

Person screaming at 0:29 needs to be killed.

There, I said it.

What kind of person, having just heard gunshots and the moans and screams of wounded fathers and husbands says shit like that?

jpmuscle
03-12-15, 18:17
Person screaming at 0:29 needs to be killed.

There, I said it.

What kind of person, having just heard gunshots and the moans and screams of wounded fathers and husbands says shit like that?
Someone who had knowledge of what was going down

sevenhelmet
03-12-15, 18:48
It's hard to tell, but it actually sounds like it could be a rifle to me.

As for 0:29, I think that low life should be the first one police interview.

Hope they catch the bum that did this.

Eurodriver
03-12-15, 18:51
I posted this on another forum, but it also fits in this discussion. It really boils down to the Adversity Factor (AF) which can be calculated according to the following equation:

AF = X^2 / (YZ^3)

Where X is the relative pigment on a scale of 1-10, Y is the fraction of the ethnic group in the US population, and Z is the amount of wealth that the ethnic group controls. Populations with low AF's are afforded more leniency by the media and liberal political forces when it comes to self-advocacy, violent criminal activity, and overall douchbaggedness. For example, a Nigerian living in America would have an X = 10, Y = 0.01, and Z = $10M. On the other hand a Jew living in America would have a much lower AF due to the Jewish population's large amount of wealth that is cubed in the denominator. A white dude at an OU fraternity is screwed due to the X = 1, Y = 0.6, and Z = $5B.

I strongly suggest that LEO's who are faced with a potential lethal force situation use this formula before deploying their sidearm, Taser, or pepper spray. In addition, those of you who are mathematically challenged might want to print AF "dope charts" on your weapon's grip that contains X, Y, and Z variables for the ethnic populations living in your jurisdictions. This will aid in rapid, accurate calculations of a suspect's AF and prevent more tragedies that result in lost life, riots, and excessive internet bandwidth use.

This makes perfect sense.

Could you imagine what we'd be hearing if African-Americans were put into camps in WWII?

Holy shitttttt

jpmuscle
03-12-15, 18:57
Gun ships over fergadishu likely wouldn't be sufficient...

Cincinnatus
03-12-15, 20:51

AF = X^2 / (YZ^3)

Brilliant. Great post.

Noodles
03-12-15, 21:13
Rifle, called it. You can be damn sure whatever rifle it was an AR will be shown and whenever possible pictures of M855 green tips will be shown, even if they find the bullet was a 22lr.

"Cop Killer Armor piercing ammo maybe used by Ferguson Sniper" news at 10.

SeriousStudent
03-12-15, 21:23
My thoughts and prayers are with the wounded officers and their families.

And I wish good luck and good hunting as they search for their attackers.

sevenhelmet
03-12-15, 21:36
Rifle, called it. You can be damn sure whatever rifle it was an AR will be shown and whenever possible pictures of M855 green tips will be shown, even if they find the bullet was a 22lr.

"Cop Killer Armor piercing ammo maybe used by Ferguson Sniper" news at 10.

Exactly. And what will be conveniently missed is the human tragedy of the people who put their lives on the line, every day, for a town that wants them all dead. :mad:

Averageman
03-13-15, 06:43
I'm trying to keep up with this shooting and a couple of things I heard this morning were;
A) The shot initally was thought to be from a distance, now they are thinking it possibly came from short range from within the crow of protesters.
B) Now they are thinking pistol rather than rifle.
C) Both Cops have been released from the hospital. The Officer shot in the face has the bullet inside his head near his ear and they will get it out later.
What I found really surprising was the interviews with protesters. One said "They had it comming because of the murder of Mike Brown." Another protester was saying "Had they sent Darren Wilson to prison none of this would have happened."
That was pretty shocking to me, irregardless as to what happened or the evidence they can justify this act of violence against a couple of guys who weren't even on the Ferguson P.D.

Voodoo_Man
03-13-15, 06:48
I'm trying to keep up with this shooting and a couple of things I heard this morning were;
A) The shot initally was thought to be from a distance, now they are thinking it possibly came from short range from within the crow of protesters.
B) Now they are thinking pistol rather than rifle.
C) Both Cops have been released from the hospital. The Officer shot in the face has the bullet inside his head near his ear and they will get it out later.
What I found really surprising was the interviews with protesters. One said "They had it comming because of the murder of Mike Brown." Another protester was saying "Had they sent Darren Wilson to prison none of this would have happened."
That was pretty shocking to me, irregardless as to what happened or the evidence they can justify this act of violence against a couple of guys who weren't even on the Ferguson P.D.

None of that is shocking, they want "justice" but its their type of justice, not the type of justice allowed by the constitution.

Did you see the video of the jewish news reporter guy that went and was interviewing the protesters during the original riots? Amazingly brave and the answers were also very vile. The whole thing is a huge glimpse into that type of mentality.

Eurodriver
03-13-15, 07:02
Meanwhile, law-abiding Americans goes to work and pays the taxes that continue to feed, house, and birth these folks.

:confused:

We have no one to blame but ourselves.

Averageman
03-13-15, 08:07
None of that is shocking, they want "justice" but its their type of justice, not the type of justice allowed by the constitution.

Did you see the video of the jewish news reporter guy that went and was interviewing the protesters during the original riots? Amazingly brave and the answers were also very vile. The whole thing is a huge glimpse into that type of mentality.

I have mixed feelings about the whole issue, as much as I would have liked to have seen someone return fire at the shooter, chances are this would have ended up even worse.
I think the definition of "Useful Idiot" may be someone with this mentality being used as cover and concealment by someone with a motive to escalate this to an even higher level.
My understanding is neither of these guys were Ferguson P.D., so the protestors weren't confronted with anyone they had an original beef with. These two guys were brought in to police the area until the transition was made to new Police Officials. The other side of that is it didn't seem to make a difference to anyone being interviewed that these guys were a part of the process the protestors demanded. That or anyone wearing a uniform is now a target.
I really feel like Holder and Obama have had a part in escalating the issue to this level. I think after Darren Wilson was found correct in his actions with Mike Brown, they both felt further investigation was necessary to appease their voting block. When the Justice Department found no problems with the Ferguson investigation or Wilson's actions both of these guys should have had a major press conference and got out there to tell everyone "Hands up Don't Shoot" was a damned lie and every effort should have been made to punish the looters.
As it is now we're more divided and more likely to have more violence, both of these guys own this result for their actions and lack of getting out there in front with the truth.

cbx
03-13-15, 09:46
Sure sounded like a rifle, but who knows. It didn't sound small. But listening and watching through a camera phone (obama phone?) Leaves out a lot of info.

What a deal.... They really need to change the name to Fergidishu.

It sounds like the 2 leo that were shot are going to make it.

Maybe shooter will be sporting a hi point carbine when he gets caught. But, knowing the craziness that goes on in our country today, it'll be a ghost gun 80% lower, with a drum mag, sig brace, loaded with xm855, with extra paint.

Voodoo_Man
03-13-15, 12:05
I have mixed feelings about the whole issue, as much as I would have liked to have seen someone return fire at the shooter, chances are this would have ended up even worse.
I think the definition of "Useful Idiot" may be someone with this mentality being used as cover and concealment by someone with a motive to escalate this to an even higher level.
My understanding is neither of these guys were Ferguson P.D., so the protestors weren't confronted with anyone they had an original beef with. These two guys were brought in to police the area until the transition was made to new Police Officials. The other side of that is it didn't seem to make a difference to anyone being interviewed that these guys were a part of the process the protestors demanded. That or anyone wearing a uniform is now a target.
I really feel like Holder and Obama have had a part in escalating the issue to this level. I think after Darren Wilson was found correct in his actions with Mike Brown, they both felt further investigation was necessary to appease their voting block. When the Justice Department found no problems with the Ferguson investigation or Wilson's actions both of these guys should have had a major press conference and got out there to tell everyone "Hands up Don't Shoot" was a damned lie and every effort should have been made to punish the looters.
As it is now we're more divided and more likely to have more violence, both of these guys own this result for their actions and lack of getting out there in front with the truth.

The obama admin, especially him and holder are not known for their honesty. They were going to di everything in their power to railroad officer darren wilson and his department.

It is a pathetic state of the country.

Ark1443
03-15-15, 15:24
It seems they found the shooter.

I read the news from several websites, and decided to stroll over to msnbc.com, which is something I never do, and I found this little gem of a comment... so much fail: "he was trying to shoot someone else when he fired a 40 mm handgun".

40mm handgun... ?! :stop:

http://www.msnbc.com/msnbc/st-louis-pd-arrest-made-ferguson-police-shootings

six8
03-15-15, 15:29
Ban 40mm ammo!!!

jpmuscle
03-15-15, 15:31
Ban 40mm ammo!!!
40mm AP ammo to be exact!

sevenhelmet
03-15-15, 15:35
Quoted from the article: "Williams acknowledged his participation in the shooting, St. Louis County Prosecuting Attorney Bob McCulloch said, but says that he was trying to shoot someone else when he fired a 40 mm handgun. “We’re not sure we completely buy that part of it,”"

Yeah, I'm not sure I buy that either. Assuming they mean .40 cal handgun, unless someone set up a crew-served weapon. I wonder if the shooter was the one yelling derisive comments in the video posted earlier.

Other highlights: He was a parolee, after being caught with stolen property and subsequently violated his parole. He was arrested allegedly following tips from the community- maybe not all of Ferguson is happy with the current state of affairs.

But I'm sure ignorance will reign, and there will be more calls for banning 5.56, rather than anyone asking WTF a parolee was doing with a handgun on the street. :mad:

MountainRaven
03-15-15, 16:19
Quoted from the article: "Williams acknowledged his participation in the shooting, St. Louis County Prosecuting Attorney Bob McCulloch said, but says that he was trying to shoot someone else when he fired a 40 mm handgun. “We’re not sure we completely buy that part of it,”"

Yeah, I'm not sure I buy that either. Assuming they mean .40 cal handgun, unless someone set up a crew-served weapon. I wonder if the shooter was the one yelling derisive comments in the video posted earlier.

Other highlights: He was a parolee, after being caught with stolen property and subsequently violated his parole. He was arrested allegedly following tips from the community- maybe not all of Ferguson is happy with the current state of affairs.

But I'm sure ignorance will reign, and there will be more calls for banning 5.56, rather than anyone asking WTF a parolee was doing with a handgun on the street. :mad:

I'm sure they'd tell you that they clearly had the handgun for their own protection and isn't that what the NRA wants?

jpmuscle
03-15-15, 16:23
I'm sure they'd tell you that they clearly had the handgun for their own protection and isn't that what the NRA wants?
I'm surprised certain persons aren't running guns into certain city locales and neighborhoods to be honest.

Averageman
03-15-15, 17:03
http://www.msn.com/en-us/news/crime/suspect-charged-in-shooting-of-ferguson-missouri-police-officers/ar-AA9NB5K
The suspect, Jeffrey Williams, has admitted to firing the shots that wounded the officers early on Thursday, said St. Louis County Prosecuting Attorney Robert McCulloch.

.An African American who had been on probation for possession of stolen property, Williams told investigators that he was not targeting police but was shooting at someone else, McCulloch added.

A county police officer, 41, suffered a shoulder wound and a 32-year-old from a nearby police department sustained a facial wound in Thursday's shooting. Both were treated and released by a local hospital.

Williams, whose bond was set at $300,000, appears to have fired a .40 caliber handgun from a car, McCulloch said.

http://www.npr.org/blogs/thetwo-way/2015/03/15/393177470/arrest-made-in-shooting-of-two-officers-in-ferguson-police-say

In a statement today, Holder said:

"This arrest sends a clear message that acts of violence against our law enforcement personnel will never be tolerated. ... In the days ahead, we will continue to partner with the authorities in St. Louis County to secure justice for all those affected by this heinous and cowardly crime. And we will continue to stand vigilant in support of public safety officers and the communities they serve."
That's real cute Eric, I don't think many people are going to believe you, but that's a hell of a try.
You have pushed an agenda on this case that Mike Brown was innocent and when the facts clearly stated otherwise you decided to punish Ferguson in other ways. You raised the heat, let the hate spread and these shootings are the result.
Your racisim, bigotry and bias knows no bounds.

sevenhelmet
03-15-15, 17:48
I'm surprised certain persons aren't running guns into certain city locales and neighborhoods to be honest.

They might be. I don't put anything past the "powers that be" on this one.

Eurodriver
03-15-15, 17:52
Glad to see they made an arrest.

Sam
03-15-15, 17:53
40mm AP ammo to be exact!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7c3IALdsNw0

Eurodriver
03-15-15, 21:28
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7c3IALdsNw0

I remember seeing dudes in OIF carrying actual M67s in their cargo pockets. This brought back memories.

Glad they were just practice rounds in the video.

Averageman
03-16-15, 06:53
http://www.breitbart.com/video/2015/03/15/mo-lt-governor-holder-incited-mob-many-times/
Lt. Governor Peter Kinder (R-MO) said Attorney General Eric Holder “on many occasions” seemed to “be inciting the mob.”

Kinder said, “He is sounding the right notes today, this afternoon. I just wish he had been more judicious and measured in his comments since the August 9. Because Mr. Holder came in and seemed on many occasions to be inciting the mob. He seemed to be putting his weight on the one side of the scales of justice and not backing up law enforcement.

Noodles
03-16-15, 12:45
Ehhhh..... Gangbanger, three shots, three hits, 40cal (sorry 40mm) and they thought it was a rifle at 125y?

Something REALLY isn't adding up.

Averageman
03-16-15, 13:54
Ehhhh..... Gangbanger, three shots, three hits, 40cal (sorry 40mm) and they thought it was a rifle at 125y?

Something REALLY isn't adding up.

It would have fit the agenda had it been a rifle at 125 yds.
Double had it been fired by a white guy.
Triple had he been a vet and was using M855.

jpmuscle
03-16-15, 14:08
Quadruple had a Sig brace been involved.

Whiskey_Bravo
03-16-15, 14:16
And if it had been one of those 30 caliber ghost guns that shoot eleventy hundred bullets for second/triggerpull

Averageman
03-18-15, 06:13
http://www.breitbart.com/big-journalism/2015/03/16/wapos-jonathan-capehart-hands-up-dont-shoot-was-built-on-a-lie/
This month, the Justice Department released two must-read investigations connected to the killing of Brown that filled in blanks, corrected the record and brought sunlight to dark places by revealing ugly practices that institutionalized racism and hardship. They have also forced me to deal with two uncomfortable truths: Brown never surrendered with his hands up, and Wilson was justified in shooting Brown…
What DOJ found made me ill. Wilson knew about the theft of the cigarillos from the convenience store and had a description of the suspects. Brown fought with the officer and tried to take his gun. And the popular hands-up storyline, which isn’t corroborated by ballistic and DNA evidence and multiple witness statements, was perpetuated by Witness 101. In fact, just about everything said to the media by Witness 101, whom we all know as Dorian Johnson, the friend with Brown that day, was not supported by the evidence and other witness statements.
Ok so a liberal reporter finally admits he was wrong. I think this actually might be a step in the right direction and perhaps needs to be posted everywhere.