PDA

View Full Version : red dot or scope for 300

skt4271
09-01-14, 21:02
Hey, I'm just wondering what everyone has for their 300 platform. I'm not sure what route I'm taking yet. Mine is going on a 8.5 barrel if that matters.

Fyi: I have a sbr with eotech, and a 3gun with razor hd gen ii. So I already have one of each, just don't knew which for my 300.

Onyx Z
09-01-14, 21:40
What's the intended purpose?

Mine is mainly for hog hunting, so I have a 1-4x.

skt4271
09-01-14, 21:46
What's the intended purpose?

Mine is mainly for hog hunting, so I have a 1-4x.

I don't hunt, I only punch paper, the reason im building is cause I have a can and I think it'll be badass to have a short short rifle with good doing suppressing.

MorphCross
09-01-14, 23:20
T-1 Micro in a DD Lite lower 1/3 co-witness base.

Onyx Z
09-02-14, 07:49
I don't hunt, I only punch paper, the reason im building is cause I have a can and I think it'll be badass to have a short short rifle with good doing suppressing.

Then I'd go Aimpoint/Eotech.

High Tower
09-02-14, 07:53
I will agree to the red dot for your purposes.

Mine is a huntin' gun so I have a 1-4 on it.

Tejasmtb
09-05-14, 08:45
Which 1-4 variable are you guys running? Vortex, NF, Leupold? And are y'all running SBR's as short as 9"?

I started with a T1 which was great for shoot house training but it sucked with NV for hog duty. I've been considering the ACOG with the 300BLK reticle but I've never seen one nor can I find one available and I'm not sure if I'd like a fixed 3x let alone if the reticle is setup for both subs and supers or just one.

I talked with some super dedicated hog hunters last night and they all have been running an eotech with a PVS 14 with an attached 3x magnifier with great results. I'm not a fan of eotech's but I can see their benefit in that application. My biggest concern is trying to keep the rifle effective while at the same time keeping it as lightweight and compact as possible since it's such a small rifle and most variables aren't exactly light weight and are usually 12" or longer.

Blinking Dog
09-05-14, 09:29
I'm admittedly chiming in without an answer, but I'm in a similar boat so I'll tell you the route I'm going. I am building a 300 BLK w/AAC 9" barrel, basically I have replicated their PDW but doing it myself for a quick Form 1 turn-around. Intention is to use the gun for hog and deer hunting, and general paper punching when time permits. I was pretty sure I wanted at 1-4x optic, so when I got the MidwayUSA email yesterday saying they're running a special on a Leupold VX-R 1.25-4x optic, I grabbed one. Can't say how well it is going to work, though, since I don't have it yet. If it doesn't work I have an Aimpoint to put on there.

skt4271
09-08-14, 23:31
im thinking of a NF nxs 1-4

bigheadcal
09-20-14, 16:16
T-1 Micro in a DD Lite lower 1/3 co-witness base.

perfect