PDA

View Full Version : Decline and Fall

Dienekes
09-02-14, 10:05
The Caligula Syndrome?

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-2740184/You-not-job-Parents-SEAL-Team-Six-soldier-killed-action-call-President-Obama-s-resignation.html

Denali
09-02-14, 19:56
'As Commander-in-Chief, your actions - or lack thereof - Mr President, cost lives.

'As you bumble about in your golf cart, slapping on a happy face and fist-pounding your buddies, your cowardly lack of leadership has left a gaping hole — not only in America’s security — but the security of the entire globe.

'Your message has come across loud and clear, sir: You are not up to this job. You know it. We know it. The world knows it,' the Vaughns wrote in the letter published on World Tribune.

The couple go on to directly ask Mr Obama to resign so that a man or woman 'of courage and substance' can take over and address the 'out-of-control thug fest' happening in Syria and Iraq, where ISIS is attempting to establish a caliphate.

'It’s time for you to step down and allow a true leader to restore our honor and protect our sons and daughters...

'America has always been exceptional. And she will be again. You, Mr President, are a bump in the road,' they wrote.

With all due respect for the Vaughns, they have it a bit wrong, he is not just a bump on the log, he is a rank obscenity, and unfortunately an obscenity that was elected twice by an extremely narcissistic electorate, one every bit as feckless and self-centered as is their chosen leader.

Bolt_Overide
09-03-14, 10:52
I'm not sure we have had a real leader in decades, nor will we.

Doc Safari
09-03-14, 11:50
When Hillary takes the oath of office, you may long for the days when Barry really didn't do much on gun control.

Clinton will be a living horror.

Heavy Metal
09-03-14, 12:18
Hillary would have no more power than Obama to pass legislation.

FromMyColdDeadHand
09-03-14, 12:54
Hillary would have no more power than Obama to pass legislation.

Worse, SCOTUS picks.

crusader377
09-03-14, 13:07
When Hillary takes the oath of office, you may long for the days when Barry really didn't do much on gun control.

Clinton will be a living horror.

big +1, I think Hillary if elected will make Obama look good. I'm very concerned that if Hillary is elected it could very well be game over for the United States and although I think we can recover from Obama, Hillary will do even more damage and the U.S. may not be able to recover from 12 perhaps 16 years of Obama/Hillary.

Doc Safari
09-03-14, 13:16
When Bill Clinton was president, he signed gun control executive orders right and left, such as banning ammo imports, banning Chinese firearm imports, and a whole host of others.

If Hillary is president, you can bet we are in for at least four years of watching the news every day to see if you need to rush out and buy some gun-related item while you can.

Believe me, I spend 8 years under Clinton scrambling to stock up on ammo, gun parts, magazines, and whatnot most of the time.

I can't tell you the number of times I bought something, and found out a month later they weren't going to be allowed in the country anymore.

Heavy Metal
09-03-14, 13:33
What? You think Obama is holding back on executive actions by the goodness of his heart? More likely is that well is just about dry.

montanadave
09-03-14, 13:34
News flash, folks. The problem lies with Congress, not whatever flavor of the month is residing in the White House. Under the Constitution, Congress is "first among equals" under the separation of powers. Congress is where the real authority of our government resides. Or, more accurately, should reside had Congress not abdicated their responsibilities, ceding authority on every critical and politically divisive issue to the President and the judiciary. From declarations of war to the federal debt to the security of our borders, Congress personifies the words of Shakespeare:

a poor player
That struts and frets his hour upon the stage
And then is heard no more: it is a tale
Told by an idiot, full of sound and fury,
Signifying nothing.

The failure of Congress to address the fundamental structural issues which threaten this nation is what is steering us inexorably towards the cliff. The members of Congress are interested solely in getting re-elected and maintaining their ability to divvy up the federal revenues to their cronies. They are the captives of every special interest group under the sun (which they have conveniently distributed amongst their membership), thus insuring they will never agree on anything which might cost somebody their political support and meal ticket.

Congress is a gravy train with biscuit wheels and membership is auctioned off to the highest bidder in the regular panem et circenses we call elections.

But, by all means, keep clamoring over whatever puppet sits in the White House while Congress goes about grinding the body politic into tasty sausage.

Doc Safari
09-03-14, 13:40
What? You think Obama is holding back on executive actions by the goodness of his heart? More likely is that well is just about dry.

I think he just doesn't give the firearms issue as much attention as other things.

VIP3R 237
09-03-14, 13:42
I think he just doesn't give the firearms issue as much attention as other things.

Its tough to worry when you are on the putting green.

Heavy Metal
09-03-14, 13:43

He doesn't have to give any more attention to it than to tell his people to do what is within the scope of his power.

It's not like he has to get into the minutiae at all, he has staff and subordinates out the wazoo. I can't imagine after the hissy-fit since Sandy hook that he hasn't done at least that.

Doc Safari
09-03-14, 13:48
He doesn't have to give any more attention to it than to tell his people to do what is within the scope of his power.

It's not like he has to get into the minutiae at all, he has staff and subordinates out the wazoo. I can't imagine after the hissy-fit since Sandy hook that he hasn't done at least that.

All I know is that under Bill Clinton there was some new import ban or harassment of FFL's every time you turned around. If Barry hasn't done the same thing then maybe it's like VIP3R237 said and he's too busy playing golf to care.

It's just different, and I don't know why. But I haven't been a tenth as concerned about this guy's gun control efforts as I was Clinton.