PDA

View Full Version : NHL 2014/15 predictions

bluejackets92fs
09-03-14, 13:46
Well it's every sports fan's favorite time of year. I know this forum has quite a few hockey die hards so I'm curious of everyone else's pre-season predictions.

Last year brought out a lot of new faces to the playoff scene and I think those new faces are here to stay. Colorado, Columbus and Minnesota are going to be real contenders this season I think. Here are my predictions.

The Atlantic Division- I don't see much changing in this division from last season.

1. Boston
2. Montreal
3. Detroit
4. Tampa Bay
5. Ottawa (I don't see them squeezing in for a playoff birth)

The Metropolitan Division- Philadelphia acquired RJ Umberger from Columbus for Scott Hartnell in the off season. Claude Giroux loses his go to guy in Hartnell but I don't see this hurting the the Flyers. The Jackets will get another offensive spark in Hartnell. The rangers lose Brad Ricahrds to the Blackhawks so this could hurt the Rangers but they still make the post season.

1. Pittsburgh
2. Philadelphia
3. New York Rangers
4. Columbus
5. Washington (I think it will be close like last year for Columbus and Washington for the last wild card)

The Central Division- Chicago signed Brad Richards and this will give them another center which will provide more face off wins and another goal scorer. This move propels the Blackhawks to a division win. St. Louis will stay on their heels through out the season but they fall a few points behind for the division title. Much like last season, Patrick Roy will keep the Avalanche in check putting them into the post season and the Wild will continue to grow as an organization and make another post season run.

1. Chicago
2. St. Louis
3. Colorado
4. Minnesota
5. Dallas (They fall short for a playoff spot)

The Pacific Division - Much like the Atlantic division, not much in terms of off season moves so I don't see much changing. Anaheim did lose Teemu Selanne to retirement but the team is still strong enough to continue on without him. I do see Vancouver making it into the playoffs this year an Calgary making a run but falling short at the season's end.

1. Los Angelas
2. San Jose
3. Anaheim
4.Vancouver
5. Calgary (They fall short for a playoff spot)

VIP3R 237
09-08-14, 09:49
Im not sure what to think of San Jose this year, it seems like the rest of the division got stronger and the Sharks did nothing to improve.

bluejackets92fs
09-08-14, 09:56
They could use a few more defenseman but I think they will still be strong. They should have had that series against LA but I think they just got tired. They are a pretty young team with the exception of a few veterans. They'll be in the mix again.

VIP3R 237
09-08-14, 15:04
They could use a few more defenseman but I think they will still be strong. They should have had that series against LA but I think they just got tired. They are a pretty young team with the exception of a few veterans. They'll be in the mix again.

Yeah lets not speak of that series... ;) Once Vlassic was knocked out things went downhill fast.

I'm sure they'll be in the playoffs again, but I want the Cup!

bluejackets92fs
09-08-14, 16:29
Yeah lets not speak of that series... ;) Once Vlassic was knocked out things went downhill fast.

I'm sure they'll be in the playoffs again, but I want the Cup!

Yeah. We all hear you there. No better sports moment than watching your captain hoist the cup over their head.

Talon167
09-08-14, 16:55
SJ needs a change. They are very good in the regular season but flop year after year in the playoffs. Not that I care much, they're not my team. The Avalanche are, with CBus a close second. Really hoping CBus can make the playoffs again. If I had to bet right now, I'd say Chicago beats Pitts in the finals. Admittedly, I don't pay much attention to the off-season stuff... but I can't wait for the puck to drop on teh season.

Voodoochild
09-08-14, 18:23
Let's go PENS!!!.

gunrunner505
09-08-14, 18:59
Let's go HAWKS!!!!!

That goal in game 7 vs the Kings still sucks. Need redemption.

Richards is a nice addition. Another good center is something we needed.