PDA

View Full Version : DIAMONDBACK DB FS NINE, interesting....

Bolt_Overide
09-04-14, 15:27
So I got to fondle one of these at a local GS yesterday. I found it intriguing. Trigger was pretty good, short take up, clean crisp break (could be better). Felt good in the hand, pointed nice, grip angle was good.

Only holds 15 rounds, and is about glock 17 size. Looks like the sight cuts are close to M&P size, but I have no way to confirm that.

Best part, it was under 400 bucks. I may pick one up to try out, at that price its hard not to.

Anyone with any other info or experience?

Big A
09-04-14, 15:51
Walk away man, just walk away...

The Ruger SR9 is a better gun and it is really sub standard compared to the more common service pistols.

Your money could really be spent better on other things.

Buddy of mine had 2 of the DB380's that wouldn't run for shit. Most consecutive rounds fired you could get out of them was 3. Sent them both back to Diamondback a few times and still wouldn't run. Of the 2 LGS's I frequent 1 doesn't even carry them and the other is always getting the ones they sell traded in on something better.

You couldn't give me one, I wouldn't spend honest money or counterfeit money on one. YMMV.

notorious_ar15
09-05-14, 19:02
I agree - run away fast! Personally, I would take a look at Kahr Arms if you want something small like that.

Slater
09-05-14, 20:34
Diamondback Firearms is part of Taurus:

http://www.taurususa.com/taurus-press-releases-detail.cfm?newsID=50

ritepath
09-05-14, 21:17
I fondled one at last weekends gun show. The only thing that did appeal to me was the price....
The Ruger 9e would be a much better bet IMHO, It felt and looked good at least.

I walked out with exactly what I walked in looking for CZ p-09.

S. Kelly
09-05-14, 23:09
Run as fast as you can-