PDA

View Full Version : Plan To Stay Home On 9/11 Or Go About Your Daily Business?

Abraham
09-05-14, 09:43
I'm tempted to stay home, but then I think no I won't be intimidated by terrorism.

Then again, maybe I'll tweak the "going about my usual business" with avoiding anyplace that contains crowds like malls.

What say you?

markm
09-05-14, 09:47
I trust Barrack Hussein to keep me safe.

Slater
09-05-14, 10:04
I'd wager that most of us who have jobs will still be required to show up for work.

Palmguy
09-05-14, 10:39
There are people that aren't doing their normal thing?

Sent from my LG G3 using Tapatalk

Alex V
09-05-14, 10:39
I work less than a mile from home now. Is something is going to go down at work, its going down at home as well.

There will be a rifle in the trunk I think.... Just in case.

If I had been working in NYC like I was last year, I may have stayed home.

Whiskey_Bravo
09-05-14, 10:52
I am fairly flexible so I think I will be working from the house on the 11th. Plus we live a couple of blocks from my daughters school, so it will keep me close to that as well.

Clint
09-05-14, 11:18
Lol,

I trust Eugene Stoner to keep me safe.

TMS951
09-05-14, 11:41
Guess it depends where you live and work, I am pretty confident in having a better chance of winning the lottery or getting struck by lightning than being the victim of an islamic attack on sept 11th.

I also feel I have a significantly better chance of getting shot and killed walking to my car today than of being the victim of an anniversary sept. 11th attack.

Here's something I'd be significantly more worried about: Islamic terrorists get into the Ebola outbreak zone (lets say 5 of them) and self infect. The travel to mexico and are transported across the boarder by narco terrorists. Here in the USA they split up and go to 5 cities where the have cells waiting (each of 5 men) and once incubation is complete they infect these cell members. Now those 25 people when they become infected and contagious go out and start infecting people in places like public transportation, hospitals, restaurants, any of those places where it is easy to spread.

Bam we have ebola outbreaks in 5 major us cities, thats the type of shit I think about. And still I know the odds of getting infected myself would be about 1 in 250K.

Hell the most dangerous thing most of us will be doing is getting in our cars and driving them, the odds of being in a fatal accident are not fun com paired to most any other thing we do.

SOWT
09-05-14, 11:46
Not going (or willing) to change my schedule, more worried about my wife as she will be on the border in AZ that week.

Dienekes
09-05-14, 11:47
With Alfred E. Obama on the job, what could go wrong?

Gotta go pack water to the unicorns.

Crow Hunter
09-05-14, 12:41
I'll be working.

Normal Thursday for me.

If it is bad enough that I will die at work, I will die at home.

Denali
09-05-14, 12:46
Hmmm, former house majority leader, "Tom Delay" sure doesn't,

http://www.wnd.com/2014/09/tom-delay-obama-paralyzed-by-muslim-sympathies/

“In defending America against radical Islamic terrorism, Barack Obama cannot be trusted,” DeLay said.

“Barack Obama was raised a Muslim, and he claims he is a Christian, and I can’t say for sure whether he’s a Christian or not, but he has shown over the last few years that he has great sympathies with Islam,” DeLay explained.

“You combine that with Obama’s political orientation that is far to the left,” he continued, “and you get a president who hates war, hates the military, and you have a formula for military inaction when it comes to combating radical Islamic terrorists like we are seeing in ISIS.”

DeLay’s indictment of Obama did not end there.

“You add to mix that Barack Obama is incompetent, way over his head as president, and the whole combination produces a worldview that makes Obama detached and reluctant to take the type of the military action against ISIS that would be effective,” he said

DeLay concluded Obama “does not want to face the reality of the danger and threat represented to the United States by ISIS, and he does not want to admit the connections between al-Qaida and ISIS, because he refuses to understand that we are in a war against radical Islamic terrorism.”

Read more at http://www.wnd.com/2014/09/tom-delay-obama-paralyzed-by-muslim-sympathies/#xVFtjuOdwgmY2miR.99

thopkins22
09-05-14, 12:52
I'd forgotten how bat shit crazy Tom DeLay is. Glad he reminded us.

JBecker 72
09-05-14, 12:58
Nope I have to go to work like everyone else.

Denali
09-05-14, 12:59
Thats just the first paragraph....

montanadave
09-05-14, 13:00

I think Matt Taibbi captured Tom Delay perfectly when he described Delay as "two-hundred-odd pounds of the world's purest pussy repellent."

TXBK
09-05-14, 13:09
As long as some desert in SE New Mexico is not on the list of potential targets, I think that I will be good to carry on about my business.

markm
09-05-14, 13:16

What do you mean? I don't see on word in that quote that isn't 100% spot on. ??

MountainRaven
09-05-14, 13:43
Unless the terrorists attack or disrupt the Destiny or Xbox Live servers, I think it will be just like any other day for me.

markm
09-05-14, 13:46
Yep. Any future effort isn't going to occur on 9/11.

ABNAK
09-05-14, 13:47
I'd wager that most of us who have jobs will still be required to show up for work.

Uh, this ^

brickboy240
09-05-14, 13:51
Somebody has to go to work and pay taxes around here...no staying home for us!

LOL

SteyrAUG
09-05-14, 13:51
I'm gonna go keep an eye on the local Islamic Center so they know they can't pull any shit.

markm
09-05-14, 13:52
I might get some looting done during lunch hour, but I'll have to work.

jet66
09-05-14, 14:16
Hell the most dangerous thing most of us will be doing is getting in our cars and driving them, the odds of being in a fatal accident are not fun com paired to most any other thing we do.

Yep. I'm more concerned with being killed by the idiot drivers that can't ignore their phones for more than 15 seconds in a row than any other way I could meet my demise on any given day.

Nightvisionary
09-05-14, 14:17
Terrorism threat you say? I would be more concerned about the sky falling. What concerns me more is the threat of government and business opportunists using fear to usurp more of your constitutional rights and tax dollars.

Ark1443
09-05-14, 14:30
I plan to go to school as normal. Wont finish my degree sitting at home wondering about what could happen! If something does go down I'm only a 15 min drive from home anyway, but I highly doubt anyone would care about this little town as a target vs major cities.

Whiskey_Bravo
09-05-14, 14:36
I might get some looting done during lunch hour, but I'll have to work.

Always forward thinking you are.

thopkins22
09-05-14, 14:41
What do you mean? I don't see on word in that quote that isn't 100% spot on. ??

Well el presidente doesn't exactly hate war for one. More drone strikes into Pakistan in his first two years than Bush had in 8, expanded the war in Afghanistan, likely would have stayed in Iraq but for SOFA, Libya, Syria, Somalia, and so forth. We're still holding dozens of Yemenis prisoner in Guantanamo despite the Pentagon saying they're not guilty of anything simply because the administration will no longer release Yemenis...simply because they are Yemeni. Stopped "torture," but expanded rendition.... I can go on, but Obama is anything but a peacenik. He's simply doing everything the Republicans were doing but he's pretending to talk first.

The talk about hating the military is ridiculous as well. Spending hasn't dropped, in fact the only proposed cuts were superficial and likely don't scratch the surface of what actually needs cut if we're to survive with any kind of economy intact. The whole Muslim thing is mind numbingly stupid too.

Have we forgotten that he signed into law the patriot act redux?

He's clearly not a Muslim, frankly I sincerely doubt he's Christian. The fact that he's most likely an atheist is probably the only thing about the guy that I like.

The idea that ISIS(or Iran, or North Korea, or Syria, or Lybia,) are remotely a threat to western civilization is laughable. They might act out, but in reality they can't even control themselves much less put forth a solid effort at harming the west. Hell AQ was incredibly well funded, had lots of resources, were left alone to plot and train for years on end, and the best they could do after ten years of planning was to fly a plane into a building. The it took them years for some dude to ruin his crotchal area harming no one. And what would we accomplish by killing them all? Set up Iraq to be taken over by another bunch of crackpots the next time we leave? We have NEVER had success in third world nations...particularly when religion is involved. Nor will we in the future.

I'll agree that he's incompetent and is surrounded by incompetent people. They couldn't even own the biggest story of his presidency(killing UBL.) My ex has been kind of a big deal in political fundraising for both parties and her stories are what clued me in to the fact that with the exception of our pet issues(guns, abortion, gay marriage, and so forth,) the two parties are almost identical. They debate percentages of the same policy as though it's some kind of ideological war...it only serves to benefit the two parties. Think Obama isn't paying as much attention to L3, GE, Raytheon, Boeing, Lockheed, and whoever as Bush was? Think he didn't take his marching orders on Obamacare from the insurance and pharmaceutical companies...putting forth a plan that is damned near word for word what those same interests tried with the Republicans two decades ago? This whole thing is ridiculous. The ideological gap between the parties has never been closer...it's just the partisanship that has grown.

But I suppose we can surmise that Tom DeLay loves war...never mind the fact that he's a draft dodger.

Abraham
09-05-14, 14:49
Sorry, I've been retired for 21 years and sometimes forget many folks still have to go to work, unlike me. I'm not boasting about it, it's just a fact.

Hell, I even lose track of what day it is sometime as it's usually unnecessary for me to know. Doesn't matter if it's Wednesday or Sunday...

docsherm
09-05-14, 14:57
What? Stay home and miss all the traffic....hell no. If that happens I won't be all road ragie. :jester:

Averageman
09-05-14, 18:15
What? Stay home and miss all the traffic....hell no. If that happens I won't be all road ragie. :jester:

But you just had to move South to that garden spot!
If you're ever back this way again give me a shout and we will hit that range in Temple.
Enjoying that scope BTW.

docsherm
09-05-14, 18:38
But you just had to move South to that garden spot!
If you're ever back this way again give me a shout and we will hit that range in Temple.
Enjoying that scope BTW.

I am glad you like it.....Will do.

sjc3081
09-05-14, 19:15
My wife works in Manhatten, I told her to call in sick, if she wants to be a dedicated employee, her cars pump relay will be in my pants pocket.

ptmccain
09-05-14, 19:28
Business as usual on 9/11 for me.

Not doing to let the bastards get me down.

scooter22
09-05-14, 19:45
Why would you stay at home?

Don't let the threat of terrorism prevent you from living your life. If you do, 'they' win.

Outlander Systems
09-05-14, 19:53
Need they be reminded...

https://www.thekegster.com/wp-content/uploads/2014/02/BackToBack.01_TS-Custom.png

May terrorists everywhere go **** themselves, or the nearest goat.

I'll be at my local BBQ joint, eating pulled pork if y'all need me.

Talon167
09-05-14, 20:11
Lets, see... Sept 11th is a Thursday this year so I'll be at work. If I stayed at home and hid under my bed, the terrorists win.

wildcard600
09-05-14, 21:37
If it was a excused absence from work like jury duty, I would stay home. I for one, actually look forward to getting jury summons in the mail. that's how much I love my job.

Big A
09-05-14, 21:44
I have to work weekend duty this weekend so I will be off by Thursday. I'll be home out of boredom because all my friends will be at work. But I won't be sitting at home in fear of some idiots doing something in this sleepy little burg.

C-grunt
09-05-14, 22:30
Ill actually be flying that day. Going to see a friend graduate from the police academy that weekend.

Alpha Sierra
09-06-14, 07:59
OP do you stay home on December the 7th too?

Moose-Knuckle
09-07-14, 04:19
Good day for a Black Swan / False Flag . . .

Who know's, maybe Barry can get another Ambassador murdered.

Caduceus
09-07-14, 18:53
Nope ... work. same with the wife. At least the daycare is across the street from her job.

krisjon
09-07-14, 20:47
Business as usual. Head on a swivel.

Abraham
09-11-14, 13:00
Alpha Sierra,

I didn't say I'd be staying home...

Mostly, I'm curious as to what others are doing on 9/11.

Today on 9/11, I got up at 5:00 A.M., pounded down two big mugs of coffee and a bagel. Hit the road on my bike and got in my 25 miles. Doing this prevents my ass from getting wider than my shoulders.

After showering, I drove 15 miles to where my two Granddaughters live and picked them, brought them home so they could do some work for me. For which, I pay them handsomely.

Then off to the grocery store.

After that, I spent the rest of the morning doing mowing and tree trimming.

Oh yeah, I'm retired so I have the luxury of doing and going when and wherever I want.

So, no I haven't been terrorized.

However, I thought a few may be and wondered if they'd admit it.

AKDoug
09-12-14, 01:10
They didn't even raise the threat level at the Port of Anchorage today. I expected a wait, and got in just as fast as always. Just another normal day in Alaska.