PDA

View Full Version : PRI "Gas Buster" ok for Leftys?

Gutshot John
06-16-08, 15:33
I was wondering if the PRI Gas Buster Charging handle posed any difficulties for left handers.

Does the gas vent into your face?

markm
06-16-08, 15:36
I heard it does. But I'm not sure if that's not just the perception, and they're actually getting port gas in the face.

C4IGrant
06-16-08, 15:59
I shoot lefty all the time with a PRI and a SF 556K Can. No issues. I also do not shoot nose to charging handle.

C4

Dave L.
06-16-08, 17:22
I own one PRI GB CH, I'm a lefty, never noticed gas in the face...but I've never noticed gas in the face using standard CH's so I'm not sure I'll ever spend $90 on a CH again.

DBautista
06-17-08, 08:11
I shoot lefty with a GB suppressed, nose to charging handle, it gets annoying after a while. Crap from the ejection port gets on my glasses, fun.

Unsuppressed, shooting is fine...

markm
06-17-08, 08:16
I shoot lefty with a GB suppressed, nose to charging handle, it gets annoying after a while. Crap from the ejection port gets on my glasses, fun.

We let this left handed shooter who was/is visiting from France shoot our cans. He was dying from the port gases.

nickdrak
06-17-08, 14:33
From what I have seen this past weekend at Sully's Tactical Carbine class, the PRI GusBuster should be definite consideration for lefty shooters. My training partner was running a standard CH that came with his Noveske N4 Low Profile upper, and he was getting a nice 2" black circle on the left side of his face just above/left his mouth. Another lefty shooter that was shooting a Colt 6920 with the GasBuster installed had no carbon deposits on his face.

The GasBuster with the Big latch should also help most lefty shooters during one handed manipulations of the CH, whether you reach over the receiver or under it to charge the CH.

HighSpeedDreams
10-18-08, 16:25
Any merit to ambi charging handles or are they junk?

militarymoron
10-19-08, 11:47

the only one i'd consider is badger ordnance - it's definitely not junk. i have a couple and like them.

RAM Engineer
10-19-08, 13:38

As a lefty, I have not had any problems with the standard CH. I just use my dominant hand. I think the standard CH is easier to use if you ARE a lefty...

hp35
10-19-08, 19:33
As a lefty who has used a regular CH and got a P.R.I. GB, and shoots nose to charging handle, I get gas in the face frequently. Until Grant gets that very small and expensive batch of P.R.I.'s that are made for lefty's (ha ha ha!) I will have to deal with the gas and debris.

Good luck to you.