PDA

View Full Version : NCAAF - week 2

austinN4
09-05-14, 11:13
I am picking #7 Michigan State at #3 Oregon (Fox, 6:30 eastern) as the best matchup of week 2.

What say you?

Onyx Z
09-05-14, 11:32
I agree.

I bet USC/Stanford will be a good one too.

bluejackets92fs
09-05-14, 11:39
Idk about USC. It seems like every year they are slated to be good but fall off and just don't perform to the expectations. Last year weren't they ranked like 7th at the start of the season? I think they finished outside the top 25. USC just doesn't seem to be the same program ever since Pete Carrol left.

Onyx Z
09-05-14, 13:18
Idk about USC. It seems like every year they are slated to be good but fall off and just don't perform to the expectations. Last year weren't they ranked like 7th at the start of the season? I think they finished outside the top 25. USC just doesn't seem to be the same program ever since Pete Carrol left.

Yeah, they do. There really aren't that many big matchups this week... regardless, college football is back and I'll be watching my Aggies no matter who they play!

austinN4
09-05-14, 13:29
There really aren't that many big matchups this week...
At the national level, really only a few with the one I posted being the best match up. Yeah, it is a light week, but the first few weeks always are.

But I am in hog heaven anyway, as I have live F1 qualifying tomorrow morning to watch, MSvO tomorrow afternoon, and the live F1 Italian GP Sunday morning.

streck
09-05-14, 16:31
The Citadel at FSU will be a nail biter.....

thopkins22
09-05-14, 16:50
Tailgating season will officially begin in Aggieland and so I'll be going to TAMU vs. Lamar. Should be a thriller...or not. ;) Oh well...at least it might make me yearn for my undergrad days. Or it'll be a startling reminder that I'm no longer 21, we shall see.

At least St. Arnold's is sponsoring our tailgates again this year.

Bubba FAL
09-06-14, 00:42
Michigan vs. Notre Dame is always a good game, even better when UM wins. Go Blue!

austinN4
09-06-14, 06:33
Michigan vs. Notre Dame is always a good game, even better when UM wins. Go Blue!
Mostly agree, except on the winner. :cool:

I am revising my best matchup of week 2 list of 1 to also include (times eastern):

#14 Southern California at #13 Stanford, ABC, 3:30
#7 Michigan State at #3 Oregon, Fox, 6:30
Michigan at #16 Notre Dame, NBC, 7:30
Virginia Tech at #8 Ohio State, ESPN, 8

MS v O is still the best matchup of the bunch, IMO.

Onyx Z
09-06-14, 08:35
Tailgating season will officially begin in Aggieland and so I'll be going to TAMU vs. Lamar. Should be a thriller...or not. ;) Oh well...at least it might make me yearn for my undergrad days. Or it'll be a startling reminder that I'm no longer 21, we shall see.

At least St. Arnold's is sponsoring our tailgates again this year.

If St Arnold is sponsoring your tailgates, I need to come find you! I'll be there next weekend, Ole Miss, and possibly Missouri as well.

austinN4
09-07-14, 08:49
The Big 10 (OS & MS) sure got spanked hard yesterday.

Mjolnir
09-07-14, 14:46
I am picking #7 Michigan State at #3 Oregon (Fox, 6:30 eastern) as the best matchup of week 2.

What say you?

I thought so, too, and was pulling for MSU.

Looks like Oregon has bulked up well. That game was a warning shot across many programs. They looked formidable the first quarter and unbeatable the second half.

-------------------------------------
"One cannot awaken a man who pretends to be asleep."

Mjolnir
09-07-14, 14:46
I was somewhat surprised at VaTech outplaying OSU.

-------------------------------------
"One cannot awaken a man who pretends to be asleep."

Grand58742
09-07-14, 23:33
It's all about Tennessee :D

Not looking for a huge season this year, but I'll take 7-5 with a bowl. Been far too long.

Belmont31R
09-08-14, 01:38
BYU spanked UT for the second time in a year. Saw some of Coach Strong's press conference and he was none too happy. UCLA next weekend which is at least as tough of a team.

Palmguy
09-08-14, 07:15

What say you?

That was an excellent game.

chuckman
09-08-14, 07:49

<sarcasm on> Man, that was a close game. <sarcasm off>

We need to get these first three weks or so behind us so the 'real' top-25 shake themselves out. Thank God UNC fell out...always horribly over-rated.

Onyx Z
09-08-14, 07:59
BYU spanked UT for the second time in a year. Saw some of Coach Strong's press conference and he was none too happy. UCLA next weekend which is at least as tough of a team.

That loss for UT was glorious!

austinN4
09-08-14, 08:03
Just looked at the Week 3 schedule and the only 2 top 25 teams that play together are No. 6 Georgia at No. 24 South Carolina.
Week 3 looks especially uninteresting.

VIP3R 237
09-08-14, 09:47

BYU may make some noise this year, that is a tough team.