PDA

View Full Version : Awesome...Canadian News Sources My Firearm Photos...

SteyrAUG
09-06-14, 00:51
I feel like I've finally achieved some kind of greatness.

http://www.cbc.ca/m/touch/news/story/1.2558585

:lol:

The "white tile" is now famous in Canada.

Magic_Salad0892
09-06-14, 00:57
Nice!

MorphCross
09-06-14, 01:08
Did they at least have the decency to contact you? Or are you going to have to introduce them to the fact that the Intellectual Property Owner in the US is not the site the photo shows up on but is rather a right reserved by the person who took the photo.

SteyrAUG
09-06-14, 01:32
Did they at least have the decency to contact you? Or are you going to have to introduce them to the fact that the Intellectual Property Owner in the US is not the site the photo shows up on but is rather a right reserved by the person who took the photo.

No attempt was made to contact me. They mentioned the website and that's it.

scooter22
09-06-14, 02:05
Honestly, how do you feel about that? I feel like they they did a Google search, and that popped up.

SteyrAUG
09-06-14, 02:49
Honestly, how do you feel about that? I feel like they they did a Google search, and that popped up.

Given the rarity of these rifles, that is probably exactly what happened.

If it was your typical "anti gun" piece I'd probably be contacting them about "intellectual property" compensation, but remarkably the story seems to be well researched and fair, if there is any slant it seems to be "pro gun."

That said, the fact that the picture includes a suppressor is hilarious.

Ryno12
09-06-14, 06:38
Cool dude. What was your first thought after seeing that? "Holy Crap!"?
Good thing you didn't make the classic faux pas of having your toes peeking through the bottom of the pic. :D

This does serve as a good reminder that everything posted on the net is here for all the world too see. I don't think everyone always thinks it through when posting.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Outlander Systems
09-06-14, 08:07
Now you know how Stick feels...

; )

Travis B
09-06-14, 09:27
You're famous! Stick better watch his back!

TriviaMonster
09-06-14, 11:13
I'm surprised they still allow pics of those guns to be imported!

But your collection is stunning Steyr.

SteyrAUG
09-06-14, 14:43
Cool dude. What was your first thought after seeing that? "Holy Crap!"?
Good thing you didn't make the classic faux pas of having your toes peeking through the bottom of the pic. :D

This does serve as a good reminder that everything posted on the net is here for all the world too see. I don't think everyone always thinks it through when posting.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I'm mostly amazed that they correctly identified the rifle in question and then actually took time to find pictures of Swiss examples. Then they went the extra step of noting these were "similar" to the rifles being discussed and then went on to describe the specific differences.

Koshinn
09-06-14, 14:48
I'm mostly amazed that they correctly identified the rifle in question and then actually took time to find pictures of Swiss examples. Then they went the extra step of noting these were "similar" to the rifles being discussed and then went on to describe the specific differences.

Canada vs America. :(

MountainRaven
09-06-14, 15:02
Canada vs America. :(

The CBC is also paid for by the Canadian government, not by private investors like Fox, CNN, the New York Times, and The Wall Street Journal.

:eek:

lunchbox
09-06-14, 15:19
Nice Steyr!! (Sing it with me now)
"Well we're movin on up,
To the east side.
To a deluxe apartment in the sky.
Movin on up,
To the east side.
We finally got a piece of the pie."

Clint
09-06-14, 16:10
Congrats on having "made it"!
:D

I feel like I've finally achieved some kind of greatness.

http://www.cbc.ca/m/touch/news/story/1.2558585

:lol:

The "white tile" is now famous in Canada.

SteyrAUG
09-06-14, 17:15
Nice Steyr!! (Sing it with me now)
"Well we're movin on up,
To the east side.
To a deluxe apartment in the sky.
Movin on up,
To the east side.
We finally got a piece of the pie."

I feel like I should have gotten my "rich white man" check by now.

lunchbox
09-06-14, 18:02
I feel like I should have gotten my "rich white man" check by now.Remember its the "Entitled White Male" check:lol:

darr3239
09-06-14, 18:14
See. The government doesn't need to register guns. They can find out what we have by the photos we post! :(

MorphCross
09-06-14, 18:30
See. The government doesn't need to register guns. They can find out what we have by the photos we post! :(

Three little words sir, three little words: National Tracing Center (https://www.atf.gov/content/firearms/firearms-enforcement/national-tracing-center). Besides, these are Canadian Government Paid Journalists, not Royal Canadian Mounted Police. Not that SteyrAUG need be concerned with them as long as he doesn't try to take a rifle to Alaska.

darr3239
09-06-14, 20:28
That's profound, and who said SteyrAUG is Canadian.

MorphCross
09-06-14, 21:04

From what SteyrAUG has said he lives in a State on the far southeastern corner of our nation. I'm just saying if he was to take one of his rifles to Alaska through Canada.

SteyrAUG
09-06-14, 23:57

http://makeupchick.files.wordpress.com/2008/07/bobanddoug1.jpg

Good Day Eh!

We got the back bacon going.

Moose-Knuckle
09-07-14, 04:08
So the question begs to be asked how did you come by this article? Do you regularly read the CBC News?

ramairthree
09-07-14, 12:45
And they were nice pictures without toes in them like mine always are.

I cringe at my lack of photo skills,
but glad not reached the point where your belly hides your toes in the pic.

SteyrAUG
09-07-14, 14:34
So the question begs to be asked how did you come by this article? Do you regularly read the CBC News?

I was trolling the internet for photos of people who were safely shooting firearms and such searches often include the word "Switzerland." It isn't unusual for me to find my photos but I noticed it was being hosted someplace other than M4C.

Moose-Knuckle
09-08-14, 01:07
I was trolling the internet for photos of people who were safely shooting firearms and such searches often include the word "Switzerland." It isn't unusual for me to find my photos but I noticed it was being hosted someplace other than M4C.

Hah, kind of cool, freaky, it's a small world and all that. I remember a few years back Larry Vickers posted about a lot of different people read M4C, this was prior to his show he filmed in Russia featuring Alpha. And yes some Alpha members lurk here.