PDA

View Full Version : New Daniel Defense Omega 7 in FDE!

C4IGrant
06-16-08, 16:05
Just got the new DD Omega 7 in the "Crane FDE." The color looks good to me. To show some differences between the different colors of "FDE", I put a Troy rail and a Magpul PMAG next too it.

C4

http://www.gandrtactical.com/images/archive/Daniel%20Defense/Omega7_FDE.jpg

http://www.gandrtactical.com/images/archive/Daniel%20Defense/Omega7_FDE1.jpg

http://www.gandrtactical.com/images/archive/Daniel%20Defense/Omega7_FDE2.jpg

LOKNLOD
06-16-08, 16:14
Wow, that's really dark, at least on my monitor here at work (not the best color). If you'd have posted that without a note I'd probably have assumed it was just weird lighting on a normal rail.

I like it though.

Failure2Stop
06-16-08, 16:19
They really took the "D" in "FDE" seriously.

C4IGrant
06-16-08, 16:40
Wow, that's really dark, at least on my monitor here at work (not the best color). If you'd have posted that without a note I'd probably have assumed it was just weird lighting on a normal rail.

I like it though.

I like the color as well. I often think that the standard FDE is WAY too light.

C4

CLHC
06-16-08, 16:44
I like the color as well. I often think that the standard FDE is WAY too light.

C4
No word on rifle length versions still yet? Just curious that's all. . .

C4IGrant
06-16-08, 16:46
No word on rifle length versions still yet? Just curious that's all. . .

Nothing yet.

C4

Dave L.
06-16-08, 16:48
How much extra do we have to pay for the ninja paint job:D

C4IGrant
06-16-08, 16:55
How much extra do we have to pay for the ninja paint job:D

For you, it is an extra $100. :D

C4

Dave L.
06-16-08, 16:59
For you, it is an extra $100. :D

C4

That's a steal!!

Why didn't Crane have the new SOPMOD stocks match this color? Although the standard FDE may be too light, I thought a light base color was the point for something that was going to get Kryloned all the time anyway:confused:

CLHC
06-16-08, 20:55
Nothing yet.
Thanks! Looking forward to it if and when they do.

Razorhunter
06-16-08, 22:19
Grant,
Thanks for posting this info. Very nice. I was wondering when DD would start doing this. I just wish they would make an AR10 version, as well as an AR10 rail, that was exactly like the Mk18 RIS? or whatever that rail is called. gotm4 has one on one of his carbines.
Speaking of gotm4, he's got some sweet pics of his DD Mk18 RIS rail in FDE, and it looks good.

I TOO have ALWAYS wanted a FDE themed rifle, but I TOO have ALWAYS thought these manuf's TOTALLY screwed up when they made such a light colored FDE color!
I wish like hell that there was an industry standard FDE, and I further wish it was somewhere in between the DD FDE, and the standard Magpul FDE.
Wouldn't that be nice?

To this day, I have not yet found my favorite shade of FDE. Anyone know how many shades of FDE exist from the big names in manufacturing?
(Magpul, TD, Gunkote, Cerakote, (there is one other "kote" like Gunkote, that I cannot remember at this very moment), Norrels, Alumahyde, etc, etc.).

How many shades are there?

C4IGrant
06-17-08, 08:25
Grant,
Thanks for posting this info. Very nice. I was wondering when DD would start doing this. I just wish they would make an AR10 version, as well as an AR10 rail, that was exactly like the Mk18 RIS? or whatever that rail is called. gotm4 has one on one of his carbines.
Speaking of gotm4, he's got some sweet pics of his DD Mk18 RIS rail in FDE, and it looks good.

I TOO have ALWAYS wanted a FDE themed rifle, but I TOO have ALWAYS thought these manuf's TOTALLY screwed up when they made such a light colored FDE color!
I wish like hell that there was an industry standard FDE, and I further wish it was somewhere in between the DD FDE, and the standard Magpul FDE.
Wouldn't that be nice?

To this day, I have not yet found my favorite shade of FDE. Anyone know how many shades of FDE exist from the big names in manufacturing?
(Magpul, TD, Gunkote, Cerakote, (there is one other "kote" like Gunkote, that I cannot remember at this very moment), Norrels, Alumahyde, etc, etc.).

How many shades are there?

Their are many shades of FDE. Troy has one, Magpul has one, Tango Down/VLTOR have one and so does DD.

C4

CLHC
07-01-08, 15:08
Got an email from Daniel Defense today and was informed that the Rifle Length version of the Omega series will be available "in about three (3) weeks." At least that's the "plan" as I was told.

Anyone hear differently? :)

Loner
07-01-08, 21:13
Does DD make the lite rail in fde?

C4IGrant
07-02-08, 08:51
Does DD make the lite rail in fde?

Kind of. It is under their MK18 rails.

C4