PDA

View Full Version : Allen West tattooed phrase "Molon Labe"

platoonDaddy
09-07-14, 06:05
Gotta love this guy!

http://dailycaller.com/2014/09/05/allen-west-just-got-a-sweet-new-tat/

SteyrAUG
09-07-14, 14:26
I'd be more impressed by a complete lack of tattoos.

JBecker 72
09-07-14, 14:28
I like it

montanadave
09-07-14, 14:57
I think he'd look better with some gothic ILUV GUNZ knuckle tats.

lunchbox
09-07-14, 15:54
At least it wasn't Mom (in a heart) tattoo...

Rekkr870
09-07-14, 17:00
I like it as well. It's a shame that tattoos are looked upon as a sign of irresponsibility or lack of intelligence.

lunchbox
09-07-14, 17:27
I like it as well. It's a shame that tattoos are looked upon as a sign of irresponsibility or lack of intelligence.I don't think that tattoos are looked down apon as much as the location of tattoos. I have four tattoos, none where anybody can see. Forearm/sleeve, neck, knuckle, etc.; usually give a "look at me" impression. IMO anyway...

SOWT
09-07-14, 18:49
Has any one ever seen one of LTC (Ret) West's subordinate come online to say what a super boss he was?

SteyrAUG
09-07-14, 19:26
I like it as well. It's a shame that tattoos are looked upon as a sign of irresponsibility or lack of intelligence.

To me it's a lot like a car with 20 different bumper stickers.

It's ok to have strong political views or philosophies. I just never understood the need to promote them on my car or body. If you want to impress me...get branded.

Some tattoos I have no issue with. If a guy in the military wants to get his unit tattoo on his arm, I understand. Skulls, dragons, fairies and tribal arm bands to me are for idiots.

docsherm
09-07-14, 19:59
Has any one ever seen one of LTC (Ret) West's subordinate come online to say what a super boss he was?

No, but the few officers that I know who worked for him respected him a lot. If they are still active duty I am sure that they are not allowed to comment about anything positive about him because of his current stand on the administration...... Yes those political games are played in Big Army.

ABNAK
09-07-14, 20:09

Well, to be fair I haven't heard any of his subordinates say he was an asshole either.

Magic_Salad0892
09-08-14, 03:13
If you want to impress me...get branded.

Looks like I'm going to impress you in about a week then. :cool:

SteyrAUG
09-08-14, 03:45
Looks like I'm going to impress you in about a week then. :cool:

And the most impressive brand is the one that goes unseen. Where you endured the branding solely for the status it represents and not to show off to others.

Averageman
09-08-14, 06:24
No, but the few officers that I know who worked for him respected him a lot. If they are still active duty I am sure that they are not allowed to comment about anything positive about him because of his current stand on the administration...... Yes those political games are played in Big Army.

Actually I have heard one of his NCO's say he was a great Man and a good leader.

PatrioticDisorder
09-08-14, 07:29
I'd be more impressed by a complete lack of tattoos.

Allen West is a good guy and my former congressman, I met him at the LGS. We happened to be making firearms purchases at the same time, how many people can say that about their congressional representative?

Alex V
09-08-14, 07:37
I have a Molon Labe tatto on the inside of my inner left forearm... Does not prevent me from being a licensed professional. Also helps that I wear dress cloths to work and you can't see it unless it's casual Friday and I wear short sleeved. I honestly do not see a problem with tattoos at all.

Travelingchild
09-08-14, 08:07
And the most impressive brand is the one that goes unseen. Where you endured the branding solely for the status it represents and not to show off to others.

Why am I having flashbacks of "Kung Fu" right before The bad guys have second thoughts and leave or they get their ass kicked?

ABNAK
09-08-14, 08:23
Why am I having flashbacks of "Kung Fu" right before The bad guys have second thoughts and leave or they get their ass kicked?

The only ones Steyr approves of are the ones you burn into your forearms by clutching a red-hot cauldron!

Dienekes
09-08-14, 14:48
Old school here. When I was a kid it was not uncommon for veterans, especially gobs and Marines, to have a tattoo or so. It just meant that they had been there and done that, and probably gotten the tattoos while plowed. I saw a LOT of prison tattoos in LE, and that was--and is--a whole different deal. During that same era it was felt that someone with three or more tattoos was liable to be a "problem person". Now all generalizations (including the ones I make here) are faulty, but I just don't care for them. That goes double for cops and X 1000 for women.

I like and respect Allen West in any event. And--if I ever DID get a tattoo, it would be "Molon Labe". But a hat suffices for me.

markm
09-08-14, 14:58
Skulls, dragons, fairies and tribal arm bands to me are for idiots.

What about the Barbed Wire on the Bicept? :sarcastic:

I've got nothing against good tattoos, but I've never found an image that I liked enough to put on my skin permanently.

The_War_Wagon
09-08-14, 15:44

I was a roommate to a "Q-Dog" (Omega Psi Phi) for a semester when I went back to college; a fraternity KNOWN for their branding. He was already a butterbar in the NC National Guard, finishing up his classes. I was actually more impressed with their stepshow.

SteyrAUG
09-08-14, 17:11
I was a roommate to a "Q-Dog" (Omega Psi Phi) for a semester when I went back to college; a fraternity KNOWN for their branding. He was already a butterbar in the NC National Guard, finishing up his classes. I was actually more impressed with their stepshow.

I used to DJ a few step shows. I know all about the Qs.

platoonDaddy
09-08-14, 17:46

the Q-Dog Step? http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UP6xkfdtxeg

TAZ
09-08-14, 20:37
the Q-Dog Step? http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UP6xkfdtxeg

LOL. I think I've officially reached a sate whereby I can be called an old fart cause I can't for the life of me figure out WFT I just watched.

The tat is cool. Considered something along the same lines, just up higher on the arm. Not quite sure about the whole branding thing.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

Whiskey_Bravo
09-08-14, 21:59
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-4ZAKFLTcJQ

What am I watching here? No really, what am I watching here? It seems to be a mix of that Step Up movie, marching cadence, and dance choreography.

SteyrAUG
09-08-14, 22:55
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-4ZAKFLTcJQ

What am I watching here? No really, what am I watching here? It seems to be a mix of that Step Up movie, marching cadence, and dance choreography.

It's a black fraternity thing.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Stepping_%28African-American%29