PDA

View Full Version : Gear Bag

Never_Enough
09-07-14, 23:01
Been looking around at a way to carry my gear in one bag, instead of multiple bags. I need a bag that is capable of carrying my PC, war belt, holster, boots, spare mags, pistol and potentially my rifle. I will be picking up NV here soon and will want the bag to be capable of stowing my bump helmet and NV. I am not in the military, so I will never be deployed. Just looking for a way to keep all my kit in one bag, which will make range trips and classes much easier. I have ran across the TAG Deployment Bag, and this looks like it will fit all of my needs. I was curious if any one has any experience with this bag? Also looking for other suggestions as well. Thanks Gents.

Zim
09-07-14, 23:33
Have a look at SKD's PIG Armor Kit Bag (http://www.skdtac.com/PIG-Armor-Kit-Bag-AKB-p/pig.519.htm).

Wake27
09-07-14, 23:40
That's a lot for one bag. Take a look at London Bridge Tactical. They have some pretty big bags and they have pretty massive discounts every now and then - especially if you can wait until Christmas time.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Never_Enough
09-07-14, 23:41
Thanks for the replies, much appreciated. I know this is a lot for one bag, but really the only issue I am having is finding a bag that will stow my rifle.

thopkins22
09-07-14, 23:48
LBT 2467A
http://youtu.be/3p7OAmL4W8w?list=UUTUUuIVqv3l-ENQOGiZQ5wA

Wake27
09-08-14, 00:00
Tactical Tailor makes good bags too, though they're fairly featureless. OPTactical has a 10% off sale right now and they have the TT Enhanced which is very good, or the rolling duffel.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

DC5446
09-08-14, 06:28
Check out RE Factor Tactical's enhanced kit bag, their ASO bag looks great also

RWCRaiden
09-08-14, 09:18
I also recommend the LBT deployment bag. You should be able to fit all that and then some in there. As stated, check the discounts now and then. I scored one in the nasty ABU pattern for $70. I could care less about the pattern on the bag, as it is great for carrying me gear.

Never_Enough
09-08-14, 18:21
Thanks again, really looking into the LBT now. Ill update once I make a decision, and give a review of what I choose and why.

Hmac
09-08-14, 19:39
I would be shopping at a sporting goods store looking at hockey bags. Personally, I use big Cabela's bags for Tac Team gear as well as all my snowmobile gear. They've been very durable despite some really rough handling.

https://encrypted-tbn1.gstatic.com/shopping?q=tbn:ANd9GcSf2uDQtD-zavfmL-YKcEn0uGERNFUVNdegOTJYHxdsxKuoFL8n9kW2vgl8oOffwlTwvoc9uotH&usqp=CAE

Caduceus
09-08-14, 19:44
Is there any particular need for robustness? Backpack style, duffel style, roller bag style, big shapeless bag?

I mean, any decent roller luggage could carry that. Target (and other places) sell regular duffel bags that are huge. A regular sea-bag (green duffel bag) would hold all that. Pretty sure Duluth Trading, Gall's (look at their firefighter gear bags), REI, or EMS all have bags that fit the bill. If you're a bit kinky you could get a body bag ...

Never_Enough
09-08-14, 19:53
The reason I am looking for a bag that has more modularity, is ease of packing/unpacking. I like the modularity of some of the bags already posted. If I was not so concerned with the items being packed a certain way, an old sea bag would work just fine. I do not want to have to unpack a bag just to change up something on my gear. It not a need either, just something I am looking to accomplish. Thanks for all the replies and suggestions.

TXBK
09-08-14, 21:04
It sounds like you are looking for a dirt bike riding gear bag, something like this from Fox Racing (http://www.ebay.com/itm/FOX-RACING-LARGE-DUFFLE-BAG-GEAR-MOTOCROSS-MX-ATV-TRAVEL-BAG-/141400504882?pt=US_CSA_MWA_Backpacks&hash=item20ec207a32).

Most are large and somewhat padded with many compartments...compartments specifically for boots. The largest compartment would probably hold an SBR or broken down carbine.

Never_Enough
09-08-14, 21:41
Honestly, I raced a ton of in my youth and never put that together. Thanks a ton, looking into those options now.

It sounds like you are looking for a dirt bike riding gear bag, something like this from Fox Racing (http://www.ebay.com/itm/FOX-RACING-LARGE-DUFFLE-BAG-GEAR-MOTOCROSS-MX-ATV-TRAVEL-BAG-/141400504882?pt=US_CSA_MWA_Backpacks&hash=item20ec207a32).

Most are large and somewhat padded with many compartments...compartments specifically for boots. The largest compartment would probably hold an SBR or broken down carbine.

EricTheRed
09-09-14, 01:10
I scored the LBT deployment bag and the large duffel both for $100 in one of their sales a year or so ago. They've both been bombproof, and that deployment bag would definitely fit your needs. I learned the hard way though... don't fly with it, unless you really like bag fees. I hadn't flown in several years and hadn't really thought about baggage fees, then packed that sucker up for a three week trip to hawaii. Oops. Shoulda taken two smaller bags, although that bag handled 90lbs without blinking and I'm sure it would do more. It's now an emergency bag that lives in my truck.

Endur
09-09-14, 01:28
I have a coyote LBT wheeled loud-out bag for sale if you need it. Brand new.

Turnkey11
09-09-14, 07:21
We've been using these and similar bags for years, will definitely fit everything you described including a carbine or SMG in a separate case with mags and gear inside.

http://www.blackhawk.com/product/CZ-Gear-Bag,6,133.htm

Moose-Knuckle
09-09-14, 20:18
Another vote for the LBT Loadout bags, sign up for there email letter to see when they go on clearance.

kaltesherz
09-09-14, 20:40
Yet another vote on the LBT- it's solid, has tons of storage and is wheeled so it'd be easy to deploy. They were having sales on them frequently, I picked mine up for $100 shipped. I keep all my extra kit (pouches, body armor, chest rigs, etc etc) in it.

Spurholder
09-10-14, 07:36
Yeah, I bought one of the LBT loadout bags, too - it's awesome. Holds everything!

Keep checking their website for the killer deals.

Voodoo_Man
09-10-14, 08:48
Ive got one of those lbt bags.

This is sturdy. I carried well over 80lb of kit in it and help up.

Clem
09-10-14, 15:24
I've come across these guys while searching for the right bag.
http://www.badbags.com/store/duffel-p-34.html

SoTex1
09-10-14, 19:01
We are issued FD turnout bags, they are huge, easily hold all your kit also don't scream steal me if that matters. However, only two other compartments and zero padding. Also unlikely to fit your long gun if you run a regular carbine length gun. Breaching shotgun, and the MP5 can go in without a problem, if you ran a 7.5 shorty or something along those lines it would probably fit too. If you are mil/le their are great deals on LBT out there year round, I think their Christmas sales have already been brought up. I haven't seen the RE Factor bags in person yet so I can't comment, but would be interested in demoing one.