PDA

View Full Version : Visiting California with my Handgun, I need magazine help please!

mballz23
09-07-14, 23:06
So my parents moved to Califonia, unfortunate, I realize, Dad doesn't like it either, aside the point. I'm taking my handgun and I know I can take my Gen 4 glock because it was purchased outside of Cali, my question is:

Can I put the 10 round follower in my 15 round magazines and be in compliance and is that possible? Or am I just going to have to buy 10 round magazines?

mattexass
09-07-14, 23:17
10 round magazines.

krisjon
09-07-14, 23:25
10 rounders or limit and rivet your 15s to only hold 10. The modification is supposed to be permanent. Welcome to occupied territory.

vicious_cb
09-07-14, 23:25
So my parents moved to Califonia, unfortunate, I realize, Dad doesn't like it either, aside the point. I'm taking my handgun and I know I can take my Gen 4 glock because it was purchased outside of Cali, my question is:

Can I put the 10 round follower in my 15 round magazines and be in compliance and is that possible? Or am I just going to have to buy 10 round magazines?

Must be non reversible so no.

mballz23
09-07-14, 23:34
Well crap. Thanks for the info guys. Looks like I'm buying 10 round magazines for all of the 3 weeks I'm out there a year......

foxtrotx1
09-07-14, 23:53
They are still good for the range. So not a total loss.

mballz23
09-07-14, 23:54
Yeah I guess so. More mag changes! But I rarely load my magazines to capacity at the range so it's not too big of a deal to pick two up and use them

Efin
09-08-14, 13:46
You think visiting Kalifornia is bad, try being a native and watching it crumble around you.
I've got numerous 10+ mags I still use at the range, but if you can legally carry, the mag had best be 10-.
BTW, visit the beach while you're here, you might not hate it as bad... Maybe ;)

NWPilgrim
09-09-14, 00:36
That's why I always take my G27 when flying to calif. on business, since it has standard 9 rd mags, nothing extra to buy and great carry gun elsewhere.

Efin
09-09-14, 07:29
I've taken the 10 round limit as my challenge to become more proficient, if I cannot get the job done in 10 rounds, I'm not practicing enough. If the SHTF scenario ever comes up, your 10+ will come in handy, mine will.

mballz23
09-09-14, 07:40
You think visiting Kalifornia is bad, try being a native and watching it crumble around you.
I've got numerous 10+ mags I still use at the range, but if you can legally carry, the mag had best be 10-.
BTW, visit the beach while you're here, you might not hate it as bad... Maybe ;)

Oh believe me I think the state is absolutely gorgeous and really an amazing place, so many different geographic changes through out the entire state, just the politics blow. Parents have been there going on 4 years now and are up near the mountains up north, I'll be in the mountains haha we go up there with two trucks full of guns and ammo and spend all day up there. It's a blast. Love the weather, the mountain biking. I love fishing and hunting but it's kind of hard for me to do being an out of state resident. Stupid expensive and hard to fly my tackle and gear out there. When I get my new truck I want to drive out there, taking my dog of course, in the fall for 2 weeks or so and take a big Mule deer with a bow. And do some duck hunting on my buddy's rice farms of course. I digress, haha, I'm from Texas, (BORN AND RAISED!), I can't legally carry there unfortunately

That's why I always take my G27 when flying to calif. on business, since it has standard 9 rd mags, nothing extra to buy and great carry gun elsewhere.

I wish. Haha I'm just a broke college kid. Had to save a lot of money to buy my one and only carry gun, glock 19, trijicon HD night sights, and a surefire x300 ultra. But one of these days I'll have multiple carry guns. Haha

I've taken the 10 round limit as my challenge to become more proficient, if I cannot get the job done in 10 rounds, I'm not practicing enough. If the SHTF scenario ever comes up, your 10+ will come in handy, mine will.

This is what I've come to the conclusion of. Just more magazines in rotation!

bshot
09-09-14, 08:44
Here is a good source for all California related firearm FAQs:

http://wiki.calgunsfoundation.org/FAQ

Efin
09-09-14, 09:07
MBall, Northern California is beautiful mountain etc, God's country, and you're correct the politics is horrible, it wasn't 20-25 years ago, was next to paradise. I'm in the last large area to be somewhat conservative, SoCal below LA County, it's not conservative Texas nice, but then again I've heard you're getting the lib cancer there as well. Enjoy yourself, and stay out of the big city and you'll be golden.

mballz23
09-09-14, 12:03
MBall, Northern California is beautiful mountain etc, God's country, and you're correct the politics is horrible, it wasn't 20-25 years ago, was next to paradise. I'm in the last large area to be somewhat conservative, SoCal below LA County, it's not conservative Texas nice, but then again I've heard you're getting the lib cancer there as well. Enjoy yourself, and stay out of the big city and you'll be golden.

Yeah I've headed below LA county is pretty conservative. Where my parents are is pretty conservative. They're in Roseville. Not many Obama stickers in that neck of the woods. And my buddy lives in Yuba, farmed there his whole life going back to his great grandfather and damn... Talk about some good ole boys out there. Reminded me of back home. Oh don't worry. Dad and I hate big cities so we avoid them like the plague. Yeah Austin is getting some lib tards but that's an island in Texas. I'm not anywhere near liberals where I'm at except for the handful in the bubble of my college. The actual people here ... NOPE! Hahaha

Efin
09-09-14, 12:09
Yeah I've headed below LA county is pretty conservative. Where my parents are is pretty conservative. They're in Roseville. Not many Obama stickers in that neck of the woods. And my buddy lives in Yuba, farmed there his whole life going back to his great grandfather and damn... Talk about some good ole boys out there. Reminded me of back home. Oh don't worry. Dad and I hate big cities so we avoid them like the plague. Yeah Austin is getting some lib tards but that's an island in Texas. I'm not anywhere near liberals where I'm at except for the handful in the bubble of my college. The actual people here ... NOPE! Hahaha
My cousin is in Roseville, nice town, stay out of Sukramental, that's full of lib-tards. I ran a project up there, East of Sac, loved the mountains on the weekends, watch out for the tree huggers, they're watching you;)

mballz23
09-09-14, 12:11
My cousin is in Roseville, nice town, stay out of Sukramental, that's full of lib-tards. I ran a project up there, East of Sac, loved the mountains on the weekends, watch out for the tree huggers, they're watching you;)

Hahahaha yeah there are a few of those running around in Roseville. Can usually spot them by just about every sticker possible slapped onto their car