PDA

View Full Version : Now we have too many white combat officers!

platoonDaddy
09-12-14, 04:10
What the frig is happening to this country? !!

U.S. Army sociologists are worried that a lack of black officers leading its combat troops will have detrimental effect on minorities and lead to fewer black officers in top leadership posts.

“The issue exists. The leadership is aware of it,” Brig. Gen. Ronald Lewis toldUSA Today on Thursday. “The leadership does have an action plan in place. And it’s complicated.”

http://www.washingtontimes.com/news/2014/sep/11/army-concerned-with-number-of-white-men-leading-co/

CRAMBONE
09-12-14, 04:34
I am sure the "action plan" has something to do with purging competent officers out of the military based solely on race. And re enlisting or commissioning officers who shouldn't be leading an invasion of a buffet line.

rocsteady
09-12-14, 08:35
I nominate Sharpton, Holder and friends to go right to the front lines to fight for America! Drop 'em right in on ISIL so they can finally put their energies to good use. It's a win/win.

skydivr
09-12-14, 08:41
Gotta tell, you, as a retired officer, I really have to question WTF!!!! is going on...The good officers I knew didn't have time to worry about shit like this. Gotta think this is the result of the last decade or so of playing PC games with the Armed Forces....

markm
09-12-14, 08:44
I am sure the "action plan" has something to do with purging competent officers out of the military based solely on race. And re enlisting or commissioning officers who shouldn't be leading an invasion of a buffet line.

Exactly. This fukking racist bullshit is out of control. Don't select people on character and ability. Select them for their skin color!!

oldtexan
09-12-14, 09:04

U.S. Army sociologists are worried that a lack of black officers leading its combat troops will have detrimental effect on minorities and lead to fewer black officers in top leadership posts.

“The issue exists. The leadership is aware of it,” Brig. Gen. Ronald Lewis toldUSA Today on Thursday. “The leadership does have an action plan in place. And it’s complicated.”

http://www.washingtontimes.com/news/2014/sep/11/army-concerned-with-number-of-white-men-leading-co/

I don't know about the other services, but this kind of thing has been going on in the Army for a long time, folks. I was commissioned in 1982. At least as early as 1984, as I began preparing for consideration for promotion to Captain, I had begun paying attention to the functioning of promotion boards. Even then, it was common knowledge that there were floors for the numbers of black officers to be selected for promotion. I can even remember several instances of publishing of promotion lists being delayed because of boards having to reconvene with instructions to select more black officers for promotion.

BBossman
09-12-14, 09:55

Alright, that made me laugh. :)

Sent from my PG41200 using Tapatalk 2

BoringGuy45
09-12-14, 10:01
It's amazing how racist the left is. They accuse the right of being racist while at the same time being the sole perpetrators of policies and laws the make decisions based on a person's race.

ramairthree
09-12-14, 10:14
Been going on for ages.

The SQT test was eliminated I think in the early 90s due to lower performances by minorities.
The minimum GT score for SFAS lowered I think early 2000s.

At least the Army has long been concerned that minorities were overrepresented in the military as a whole, but the majority not choosing combat arms, and way under represented in the true SOF qualified SOF positions.

Perhaps even more true for SOF in some other services. I can count on one hand the number of black SEALS out of hundreds I have seen,
and out of dozens of CCT and PJs I can't recall a black one, and can think of one Hispanic one.

Other places outside of the mil also do back flips over this.
I remember a cold, rural university going crazy in the early 90s trying to find a native American with a Ph.D. in Bio or Zoology to hire. They were having trouble even finding one to interview.
They instead congratulated themselves on their first Hispanic professor in the Department. Yes, he was Puerto Rican and was native to there and spoke Spanish. But he was a tall white guy with physician parents that was a 180 from any disadvantaged minority intent.

Caeser25
09-12-14, 10:58
It's amazing how racist the left is. They accuse the right of being racist while at the same time being the sole perpetrators of policies and laws the make decisions based on a person's race.

Insanity.

Averageman
09-12-14, 11:20
It's always been this way. In the 21 years I served with I had one black 2nd Lt Platoon Leader and one black Captain as a team leader.
I don't think if you are a minority and have a college degree you are very likely to serve. If you are a minority and really want a college degree the military is a great way to earn one.
Promotion based on race is one sure way to take an Army that already is suffering with issues even further down the path to ruin.

SOWT
09-12-14, 11:57
More junk science.
Under representation in Combat Arms means they are over represented in Support Arms (Service Support when I was in).
Should whites in support fields be depressed over the lack of role models?

They will force unwilling blacks into CA (and bemoan that individuals departure 4 years later), which will shove unhappy white officers into support missions (with the same effect 4 years later).

Alpha Sierra
09-12-14, 13:12
The Armed Forces are not worth joining any more. I will do whatever I have to (at this point not much) to discourage my daughter from even considering it as a career choice.

Moose-Knuckle
09-12-14, 15:47
We need more transgenders too!

GotAmmo
09-12-14, 17:33
All black officers are in the Combat Service Support side .. they were smart and wanted a job skill that translated over to the civilian side then becoming a Fox/CNN Analyst

NWPilgrim
09-12-14, 18:06
I remember back in Vietnam days the complaint was too many black soldiers were fighting for whitey. Now we have too many whites.

Sounds like someone has too much time on their hands and too much money sloshing around.

skydivr
09-12-14, 18:10
I want to be clear: This is not about race (as I've served with some fine minority officers, just as much as I've served with some white officers that were real duds). For me, this is about a promotion system that chooses race over competence in order to meet a political or social goal. That is a recipe for disaster.

It sickens me to see what's happened to MY Army...

platoonDaddy
09-12-14, 18:37
I remember back in Vietnam days the complaint was too many black soldiers were fighting for whitey. Now we have too many whites.

Sounds like someone has too much time on their hands and too much money sloshing around.

For sure that was the bitch with the draft in Nam.

About 10 years ago, Esquire or one of the large magazines had a lengthy article about how the all-volunteer infantry ranks are overwhelming white. The complexity of the weapon system required a higher ASVAB score or something along those lines and the pogies (my word not theirs) are heavy black.

Caduceus
09-12-14, 19:11
For sure that was the bitch with the draft in Nam.

About 10 years ago, Esquire or one of the large magazines had a lengthy article about how the all-volunteer infantry ranks are overwhelming white. The complexity of the weapon system required a higher ASVAB score or something along those lines and the pogies (my word not theirs) are heavy black.
Could this be more about people volunteering for work ... ?

Turnkey11
09-12-14, 22:07

Its been happening across the rest of the Federal Govt, everyone wants equal representation. Whatever happened to unity, why are we dividing into equal groups?

williejc
09-12-14, 22:25
Affirmative action is the name of the game and reared its head in the early 1970s. Years ago great effort was expended developing "free of cultural bias" written tests that would allow blacks to score higher. They were called chitlin tests but failed to achieve their aim.

The_War_Wagon
09-12-14, 23:03

U.S. Army sociologists...

What the FUDGE, is a, "U.S. Army 'Sociologist'?!?!?!" :eek:

When did, "social worker," become a MOS?!?! :fie:

Ready.Fire.Aim
09-13-14, 05:50
We need more transgenders too!

Thanks for the laugh at 0549 Saturday morning!

Straight Shooter
09-13-14, 06:40
I simply cannot fathom the cluster**** goatscrew that is taking over our military. I PRAY my beloved Marine Corps has not yet fallen to such disgrace.

jpmuscle
09-13-14, 06:43
I'd like to this moment say fvck you sociology, seriously. Fvck you and your socioeconomic Marxist BS...