PDA

View Full Version : NBC: How to protect your family from home invasion

Amp Mangum
09-13-14, 17:59
What kind of stupid advice is this?
"Remember, treat them like royalty. On top of that, you don't want to lie to them."

http://www.today.com/news/home-invasion-jeff-rossen-shows-how-protect-your-family-1D80117494

Alpha Sierra
09-13-14, 18:01
I prefer to shoot the ****ers in the face.

jpmuscle
09-13-14, 18:04
Sheeple.....

Outlander Systems
09-13-14, 18:05
The answer is pretty obvious.

Violence of action, and a revocation of the intruder's birth certificate.

Amp Mangum
09-13-14, 18:07
http://www.theblaze.com/stories/2014/09/13/nbcs-advice-for-dealing-with-a-home-invasion-wasp-spray-and-car-alarms-no-mention-of-guns/

jpmuscle
09-13-14, 18:13
http://www.theblaze.com/stories/2014/09/13/nbcs-advice-for-dealing-with-a-home-invasion-wasp-spray-and-car-alarms-no-mention-of-guns/
The sheep are loving this on bookface

http://tapatalk.imageshack.com/v2/14/09/13/cbe9013362a3c32e32640e07a0c0f516.jpg

http://tapatalk.imageshack.com/v2/14/09/13/6e56c756fb055cb2d09d85f02089fd43.jpg

Outlander Systems
09-13-14, 18:20
The sheep are loving this on book face

Ain't no fixin' stupid.

Moose-Knuckle
09-13-14, 18:23
In a worst-case scenario — if you are captured by an intruder, like Susan Dawson — you should cooperate and tell them where the valuables are, Zeins advises.

"You tell them exactly where it is. You want to get them out of there as quickly as you can," he said. "Remember, treat them like royalty. On top of that, you don't want to lie to them."http://www.today.com/news/home-invasion-jeff-rossen-shows-how-protect-your-family-1D80117494

I think these folks would disagree . . .

Blind man beaten, pregnant wife (GANG)raped in Wisconsin home invasion, police say

http://i10.photobucket.com/albums/a144/AKS-74/02thievesmadison_zps97b78121.jpg (http://s10.photobucket.com/user/AKS-74/media/02thievesmadison_zps97b78121.jpg.html)

http://www.foxnews.com/us/2014/03/13/wisconsin-home-invaders-beat-blind-husband-raped-pregnant-wife-police-say/

Death Sentence for Second Murderer in CT Home Invasion, rape, torture and murder

http://www.washingtontimes.com/news/2011/dec/9/man-condemned-death-connecticut-home-invasion/

Second killer gets his death sentence. Why too lenient for me. Tortured, raped and burned alive is too lenient for these guys.

Bring this case up next time someone asks why you have a gun in the house.

Oh and here is some excellent reading . . .

Why Surrender Is Never an Option
http://www.marksmanshipmatters.com/articles/why-surrender-is-never-an-option/

SteyrAUG
09-13-14, 18:37
Set off your car alarm? You mean the thing people have been conditioned to ignore for decades?

Wasp spray? Are you shitting me?

Don't lie to them, treat them like royalty? "Gee sir, would you like to sodomize my wife?"

That might be the worst home invader advice I've ever read...EVER.

I hope everyone remembers this one.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Cheshire,_Connecticut,_home_invasion_murders

Cooperative homeowners who were robbed, children raped and then killed when the house was set on fire.

First line of actual defense (because an alarm only puts people on a time limit) is a large dog(s). The presence of a large dog in the home will get you taken off most bad people's "to do" list.

Second line of actual defense is a means and willingness to meet deadly force with deadly force. You aren't going to deter somebody who intends to kill you with "kindness", "cooperation" or "wasp spray." Any act of resistance, including setting of some stupid alarm that will be ignored by everyone else, is just going to piss them off and make them want to punish you before they kill you.

So have a means to kill them. Have more than one. Put them in places where you are likely to be locked up. Having an Xcto knife to cut your bindings and a Glock hidden in places like that bathroom provide an opportunity to eliminate the threats in your home and save the lives of your family.

I know of at least one person who blue bagged a Glock w/ 2 magazines and put it in the dry wall of his bathroom. One punch and he is armed.

SteyrAUG
09-13-14, 18:39
The sheep are loving this on bookface

http://tapatalk.imageshack.com/v2/14/09/13/cbe9013362a3c32e32640e07a0c0f516.jpg

http://tapatalk.imageshack.com/v2/14/09/13/6e56c756fb055cb2d09d85f02089fd43.jpg

****ing retards. Wasp spray doesn't have any magical properties that allow it to be fired farther or more accurately than pepper spray. It depends on the size of the can and the quality of the product. Pepper spray is by far the more effective agent to spray, the only thing superior is bear spray.

Moose-Knuckle
09-13-14, 18:47
Pepper spray is by far the more effective agent to spray, the only thing superior is NAPALM.

There, I fixed it for you.

jpmuscle
09-13-14, 18:47
One can't argue with troglodytes Steyr.. Besides they saw this on the boob tube so it must = gospel.

jpmuscle
09-13-14, 19:00
What's funny is that usage of wasp spray in a manner other than the way it's intended is technically unlawful.

So, lolz for days on that one.

SteyrAUG
09-13-14, 19:02
There, I fixed it for you.

Not everyone knows how to make it and it's probably not wise to spray napalm it indoors. But a few cans of bear spray with the label removed and conveniently located around your home would probably give you the time you needed to break out the serious stuff and start sending bad people in your house to the next plane of existence.

SteyrAUG
09-13-14, 19:04
What's funny is that usage of wasp spray in a manner other than the way it's intended is technically unlawful.

So, lolz for days on that one.

"Honestly officer, he had a wasp on his face."

"Honestly officer, in all the confusion I really did believe I had a live bear in my home."

"Honestly officer, before he caught on fire, he really was dressed like a bear."

TAZ
09-13-14, 19:04
Stupid is as stupid does. NYPD detective at that. What a retard. Wonder what the odds are that he follows his own stupid advice instead of having a gun handy.

Wasp spray is pretty nasty, but if less than lethal was all I had I'd want some bear spray.

SteyrAUG
09-13-14, 19:06
Stupid is as stupid does. NYPD detective at that. What a retard. Wonder what the odds are that he follows his own stupid advice instead of having a gun handy.

He should be required to carry a can of RAID while on duty. Guns are far too dangerous and most likely would just be used against the detective in question.

Moose-Knuckle
09-13-14, 19:14
Wasp spray is pretty nasty, but if less than lethal was all I had I'd want some bear spray.

Truth be told if I HAD to rely upon an aresol spray for self-defense my father suggested to me long ago that a can of oven cleaner to the eyes/nose/throat would do in a pinch.

lunchbox
09-13-14, 19:29
I prefer to shoot the ****ers in the face.Bingo!! Everything else is a deterrent in a pinch, nothing more. They can do no harm, if they CAN'T do harm. Good hits with good ammo is the best policy, period.

jpmuscle
09-13-14, 19:29
I have to ponder though. Under extreme duress how many people would manage to NOT spray themselves in the face instead of their attacker :|

Alpha Sierra
09-13-14, 20:45
This thread reminds me of why I have zero inclination to risk my fortune, freedom, and possibly my life defending ungrateful, stupid, hoplophobic people.

The sheepdog concept is for idiots. Take care of yourself and your own. Everyone else that laughed at you and called you a gun nut can now lay back and take the beating/rape/execution begging like a little bitch.

MountainRaven
09-13-14, 21:01
The answer is pretty obvious.

Violence of action, and a revocation of the intruder's birth certificate.

The Skynet solution? You're going to sent a Terminator back in time to prevent them from being born in the first place?

:jester:

In their defense: If you're giving advice to someone who lives someplace where designated defensive tools are extremely heavily regulated, it might make sense. Can't get a gun? Can't get pepper spray? Can't buy a taser? Get a can of wasp spray. I guess.

This thread reminds me of why I have zero inclination to risk my fortune, freedom, and possibly my life defending ungrateful, stupid, hoplophobic people.

The sheepdog concept is for idiots. Take care of yourself and your own. Everyone else that laughed at you and called you a gun nut can now lay back and take the beating/rape/execution begging like a little bitch.

And I thought I hated people.

So cops, firefighters, military service people, doctors, nurses, and emergency medical personnel are idiots? Does that apply to the people working to cure AIDS, Ebola, Alzheimer's, and the common cold, too? Is there anybody working for the benefit of mankind who is not an idiot by your reckoning?

jpmuscle
09-13-14, 21:10
I don't thats exactly the correlation he was making...

Having altruistic motivations behind one's employment or charitable activities is not the same as an individual who harbors a self-proclaimed belief that they are God's chosen protector of humanity and goes out of their way to look for a fight, be it literally or metaphorically.

People do suck though... Lol

docsherm
09-13-14, 21:14
The Skynet solution? You're going to sent a Terminator back in time to prevent them from being born in the first place? I am all for it....

So cops, firefighters, military service people, doctors, nurses, and emergency medical personnel are idiots? Does that apply to the people working to cure AIDS, Ebola, Alzheimer's, and the common cold, too? Is there anybody working for the benefit of mankind who is not an idiot by your reckoning?

I for one take offence to the entire sheepdog thing. I have been a soldier for over 24 years and I have thought about this "sheepdog" thing for some time. I am not some guy sitting around waiting for the wolves to come in and hope that I can stop them. That is not what I do.

I am a Shepherd, when my sheep get attacked I get with my other Shepherds and we hunt the wolves down and KILL them with extreme prejudice. When I am done I go home and drink beer and let the sheepdogs hang out on a daily basis with the sheep that don't even know what happened or how close they came to becoming wolf poop.

MountainRaven
09-13-14, 21:17
I for one take offence to the entire sheepdog thing. I have been a soldier for over 24 years and I have thought about this "sheepdog" thing for some time. I am not some guy sitting around waiting for the wolves to come in and hope that I can stop them. That is not what I do.

I am a Shepherd, when my sheep get attacked I get with my other Shepherds and we hunt the wolves down and KILL them with extreme prejudice. When I am done I go home and drink beer and let the sheepdogs hang out on a daily basis with the sheep that don't even know what happened or how close they came to becoming wolf poop.

Are you sure that doesn't make you a wolfhound? Cuz I'm pretty sure the military doesn't autonomously decide to go out and break stuff. That's up to the shepherd. The actual shepherd.

Guess who that is in this country. (Helpful hint: There's more than one.)

.46caliber
09-13-14, 21:30
Shoot, even Uncle Joe said I should break out a double barrel and fire warning shots.

Sent from my Nexus 4 using Tapatalk

SteyrAUG
09-13-14, 21:36
So cops, firefighters, military service people, doctors, nurses, and emergency medical personnel are idiots?

Do you consider them "ungrateful, stupid, hoplophobic people" which was the qualifier?

Zane1844
09-13-14, 21:49
I heard 5.56mm can shoot up to 1,000 yards and is very accurate. Using it should give you enough time to stop the threat then call the police.

Irish
09-13-14, 23:43

I think you need to reread his post. ;)

Whiskey_Bravo
09-13-14, 23:58
I have to ponder though. Under extreme duress how many people would manage to NOT spray themselves in the face instead of their attacker :|

This. I have to make sure I am pointing it in the right direction a couple of times when I am sneaking up like a ninja on a wasp nest, I can't imagine trying to do that crap with some dick rushing me as I am trying to wake up at the same time.

Caeser25
09-14-14, 00:19
Bingo!! Everything else is a deterrent in a pinch, nothing more. They can do no harm, if they CAN'T do harm. Good hits with good ammo is the best policy, period.

Even then, not guaranteed.

Yeah much easier tell which ways firearm is pointed than most aerosol cans.

Heavy Metal
09-14-14, 00:46
So cops, firefighters, military service people, doctors, nurses, and emergency medical personnel are idiots?

Soveriegn Immunity and being covered under an employer's Insurance makes a big difference.

Outlander Systems
09-14-14, 03:52
The Skynet solution? You're going to sent a Terminator back in time to prevent them from being born in the first place?

10mm, dude. THAT'S how badass it is.

Alpha Sierra
09-14-14, 05:58
http://forums.wakeboarder.com/files/jump_over_shark.jpg

BBossman
09-14-14, 07:52
http://forums.wakeboarder.com/files/jump_over_shark.jpg

LOL

Sent from my PG41200 using Tapatalk 2

rocsteady
09-14-14, 10:32
That's it! Live on the water and buy a great white or two. No intruders, ever. So simple.

Caduceus
09-14-14, 10:46
I dunno. I imagine it would be hard to pillage and plunder when you're on the ground laughing your ass off...

WillBrink
09-14-14, 11:56
****ing retards. Wasp spray doesn't have any magical properties that allow it to be fired farther or more accurately than pepper spray. It depends on the size of the can and the quality of the product. Pepper spray is by far the more effective agent to spray, the only thing superior is bear spray.

Which is just a larger can of a more concentrated version of the same ingredients! You could hose someone down nicely no doubt. My buddy who owns a repo company says the big ass can of bear spray seriously takes the fight out of people when they see what looks like a small fire extinguisher full O pain pointed at them. He carried a Saber Red product:

http://www.sabrered.com/4/20/18/781024/store/frontiersman/

He does CCW also and did have to use it on one occasion and the encounter fatal.

WillBrink
09-14-14, 12:10
How the fu&% does "Wallace Zeins, who was a New York police detective and hostage negotiator for 22 years," look in the mirror or sleep at night giving out advice that bad? And what do you think the good detective will be reaching for if someone were to kick in his door? Wasp spray? The fail in the advice is difficult to even comprehend.

Averageman
09-14-14, 12:14
Now if you could just get Bear Spray mixed with that Foam Insulation crap.
I've gotten that stuff on me and the skin has to come off before it is removed. I would think a high pressure blend of the two would put Godzilla down for the count.

jpmuscle
09-14-14, 12:16
How the fu&% does "Wallace Zeins, who was a New York police detective and hostage negotiator for 22 years," look in the mirror or sleep at night giving out advice that bad? And what do you think the good detective will be reaching for if someone were to kick in his door? Wasp spray? The fail in the advice is difficult to even comprehend.
Criminals are just misunderstood entities that due to various biopsychosocial factors and in conjunction with the failure of the greater society to help them have no choice but to engage in criminal conduct as a means to an end?

:|

MountainRaven
09-14-14, 16:06
That's it! Live on the water and buy a great white or two. No intruders, ever. So simple.

I prefer ill-tempered, mutated sea bass.

jpmuscle
09-14-14, 20:10
I prefer ill-tempered, mutated sea bass.
With head mounted lasers.. Naturally.

J-Dub
09-14-14, 20:54
I'd prefer to "step on their face with a hobnail boot". Or "fight like a man, so I don't die like a dog".

You get the point, treat a dirtbag p.o.s. like royalty??? When he's trying to harm my family or myself???? lol ya......ok......

MorphCross
09-14-14, 20:59
And now the thread has really "jumped the Shark." I'm not a Wolfshund or a Shepherd when it comes to my home. Those terms specifically refer to choices made in the event of a mass shooter in the general public or WROL scenarios which are way out of the typical purview of EDC or home defense.

Bringing it back on topic, No one in the United States should be compelled to choose a lesser option than deadly force to defend their home from an intruder if they wish. Whether some Jack wagon in the Federal District or a knuckle-dragger in a state congress/senate may seem to think differently, all of us are free to make the decision of how we defend our homes.

It's what kind of shit storm we bring down on our heads after the fact that we all really worry about. Me, i'll take the whole storm after the fact rather than the possibility of death.

lunchbox
09-14-14, 21:04
It's what kind of shit storm we bring down on our heads after the fact that we all really worry about. Me, i'll take the whole storm after the fact rather than the possibility of death.This statement reminds me of an old saying-- "It's better to be judged by 12, than carried by 6".

AKDoug
09-14-14, 21:17
I have a friend that demanded we carry bear spray on a moose hunt. Being a well prepared guy, he decided to buy a can to test it out. One little gust of wind and he decided that bullets were better. That shit is nasty and will take you out of the fight in an enclosed space.

SteyrAUG
09-15-14, 02:33
Now if you could just get Bear Spray mixed with that Foam Insulation crap.
I've gotten that stuff on me and the skin has to come off before it is removed. I would think a high pressure blend of the two would put Godzilla down for the count.

That would be some evil shit.

SteyrAUG
09-15-14, 02:38
And now the thread has really "jumped the Shark." I'm not a Wolfshund or a Shepherd when it comes to my home. Those terms specifically refer to choices made in the event of a mass shooter in the general public or WROL scenarios which are way out of the typical purview of EDC or home defense.

Yep, I personally prefer to be the wrathful, demonic, GOD of my domain who feasts on the souls of evil doers who cross my threshold. I always thought "Demon of the Eastern Provinces" had a nice ring to it.