PDA

View Full Version : Firefighters Sent Home for Refusing to Remove Patriotic Stickers- Chicago area

docsherm
09-13-14, 18:20
Not sure hat to make of this...

http://www.nbcchicago.com/news/local/Firefighters-Sent-Home-for-Refusing-to-Remove-US-Flag-Decal-274563261.html

The only reason that I even looked at it weird is be you know how those people in local government in the Chicago area are.....Shocked as I am, I am sure.............:mad:

"UPDATE: Firefighters Suspended for Patriotic Stickers Can Return to Work, Chief Says
Four suburban Chicago firefighters say they were suspended after refusing to remove patriotic stickers posted on their helmets and lockers.
The Maywood firefighters say they were ordered to go home for refusing to remove stickers of American flags after their fire chief implemented a ban on all stickers."

Moose-Knuckle
09-13-14, 18:36
Had they put an ISIS flag stickers on their bunker gear they would have been G2G, gotta love POTUS's adoptive hometown / state . . .

SteyrAUG
09-13-14, 18:57
Am I insane or were fire fighter helmets at one time REQUIRED to have a US flag on them? I swear I remember bright yellow helmets with US flags on one side.

docsherm
09-13-14, 19:01
Am I insane or were fire fighter helmets at one time REQUIRED to have a US flag on them? I swear I remember bright yellow helmets with US flags on one side.

They even say that that they have US Flags on their uniform but not allowed to put an American Flag sticker on their locker?

I can agree with not letting the USMC sticker on it.....I too find that offensive....:jester: Kidding, to all of my brothers from the Corps. :haha: