PDA

View Full Version : American sentenced to prison for five years with labor in North Korea

Eurodriver
09-14-14, 05:14
http://www.foxnews.com/world/2014/09/14/north-korea-claims-it-has-put-american-detainee-on-trial/

Guy intentionally went to North Korea to get arrested and "experience the human rights situation". These people are unbelievable. Hope he enjoys it.

Alpha Sierra
09-14-14, 05:52
I hope they kick his ass every single day

Voodoo_Man
09-14-14, 07:51
Play stupid games, win stupid prizes.

HKGuns
09-14-14, 08:24
....surprise, he's from California. What an idiot.

Ark1443
09-14-14, 08:37
Play stupid games, win stupid prizes.

Exactly what I thought. I have zero sympathy for him, he brought this upon himself.

jpmuscle
09-14-14, 09:26
Go to North Korea because your a dumbass, you're gonna have a bad day...

When's the ISIS investigation team going to assemble?

Abraham
09-14-14, 09:37
Isn't he the young Spock?

Airhasz
09-14-14, 14:11
He will probably end up writing a best seller novel and live the rest of his life in a mansion with beautiful women and fast cars.

SteyrAUG
09-14-14, 22:18
Not everyone get's what they want, hope he enjoys it.

Bizarre looking dude, not sure why I expected otherwise.

TMS951
09-15-14, 08:15
I hope he gets everything he expected and more!

How ever I have to wonder if the N Korea won't use this as an opportunity for propaganda by treating him like royalty while doing light labor and then real easing him early for good behavior so he can go tell the world what nice guys the NK are

Eurodriver
09-15-14, 08:34
I hope he gets everything he expected and more!

How ever I have to wonder if the N Korea won't use this as an opportunity for propaganda by treating him like royalty while doing light labor and then real easing him early for good behavior so he can go tell the world what nice guys the NK are

Doubtful. NK style would be giving it to him extra rough for being a "spy". They don't give a **** what the rest of the world thinks of them.

MarkG
09-15-14, 08:49
There is something magnetic about the DPRK to these bible thumpers. Hopefully six years of hard labor will get his mind right...

http://youtu.be/8CBqjZX6FjE

SteyrAUG
09-15-14, 17:52
There is something magnetic about the DPRK to these bible thumpers. Hopefully six years of hard labor will get his mind right...

I didn't seen anything about him being religious in any way. Seems he's one of those "human rights" activist. At least he found the right country to expose, most human rights idiots complain about how people are treated in the US.

MarkG
09-15-14, 19:05
I didn't seen anything about him being religious in any way. Seems he's one of those "human rights" activist. At least he found the right country to expose, most human rights idiots complain about how people are treated in the US.

Your right... I missed it. Nonetheless he fits the mold.

SilverBullet432
09-15-14, 20:18
He will probably end up writing a best seller novel and live the rest of his life in a mansion with beautiful women and fast cars.

If he survives...

JBecker 72
09-15-14, 20:27
I don't get it. Why would you go to a country we know is a shit hole, and we know is one of the worst for human rights violations, to expose human rights violations?

SteyrAUG
09-15-14, 20:38
I don't get it. Why would you go to a country we know is a shit hole, and we know is one of the worst for human rights violations, to expose human rights violations?

Because you are THIS guy?

http://a57.foxnews.com/global.fncstatic.com/static/managed/img/876/493/North%20Korea%20Detained%20_Cham640.jpg?ve=1&tl=1

scoutfsu99
09-15-14, 21:30

He's going to reap what he sowed but the guy has some other mental ambiguities. I'd say that he's afflicted with Asperger's to say the least. I've got some sympathy for him in that aspect. We should at least be trying to get the guy back in some way.
No one wants to believe something bad will happen to them until it does.

glocktogo
09-15-14, 23:44
Because you are THIS guy?

http://a57.foxnews.com/global.fncstatic.com/static/managed/img/876/493/North%20Korea%20Detained%20_Cham640.jpg?ve=1&tl=1

WTF is up with his cranium?

He's going to reap what he sowed but the guy has some other mental ambiguities. I'd say that he's afflicted with Asperger's to say the least. I've got some sympathy for him in that aspect. We should at least be trying to get the guy back in some way.
No one wants to believe something bad will happen to them until it does.

I agree. We should do exactly that, in 5 years. Seriously, this guy said he was going to go get this, got it, and now we're supposed to try to help him save himself? From himself?

I'll save my heartache for the wrong turn Marine in Mexico. :(

Dead Man
09-16-14, 00:24
The tactical turtleneck pic is weird... and if that's the shit he was picked up in, no wonder he was convicted.

http://profile.ak.fbcdn.net/hprofile-ak-ash3/41578_116872671663729_1094010_n.jpg

But he's otherwise a pretty normal looking kid. Probably has a baseball bat leaning against the wall and a game console hooked up to his TV in his bedroom back home.

http://i2.cdn.turner.com/cnn/dam/assets/140902224937-ac-lah-on-matthew-miller-00004019-story-top.jpg

SteyrAUG
09-16-14, 00:38
The tactical turtleneck pic is weird... and if that's the shit he was picked up in, no wonder he was convicted.

http://profile.ak.fbcdn.net/hprofile-ak-ash3/41578_116872671663729_1094010_n.jpg

But he's otherwise a pretty normal looking kid. Probably has a baseball bat leaning against the wall and a game console hooked up to his TV in his bedroom back home.

http://i2.cdn.turner.com/cnn/dam/assets/140902224937-ac-lah-on-matthew-miller-00004019-story-top.jpg

He's not a kid, he's 24 and he made a big boy decision. You don't end up in North Korea by accident, it actually takes effort. Agree to disagree on the "normal looking" part. Even in your picture he's rocking a "high top" with widows peak, who the hell does that on purpose?

I'll feel bad if he's somehow mentally impaired, but if he is, who the hell let him go to North Korea?

Dave_M
09-16-14, 01:26
You don't end up in North Korea by accident, it actually takes effort.

Yup. One of my friends was talking about going and the process is indeed far more than simply buying a ticket at the counter.

weggy
09-16-14, 01:30
Another win for Darwin!:suicide:

Honu
09-16-14, 03:35
hahahaha wish more of the idiot liberals did this :) would be much better for the country if ALL of them did this !!!

scoutfsu99
09-16-14, 04:49
WTF is up with his cranium?

I agree. We should do exactly that, in 5 years. Seriously, this guy said he was going to go get this, got it, and now we're supposed to try to help him save himself? From himself?

I'll save my heartache for the wrong turn Marine in Mexico. :(

I'm not talking about HALOing in Delta or sending Chuck Norris but yes, America should work to get him back. We should do that for any of our citizens that want to come home. If they have to face the music, they can do it here.

.46caliber
09-16-14, 06:43
I want to know, where the hell is Dennis Rodman?

Sent from my Nexus 4 using Tapatalk

SilverBullet432
09-16-14, 08:55
These comments are killing me! :lol: tactical turtleneck!

TAZ
09-16-14, 10:00
I'm not talking about HALOing in Delta or sending Chuck Norris but yes, America should work to get him back. We should do that for any of our citizens that want to come home. If they have to face the music, they can do it here.

While I tend to agree to a certain degree, I'd reserve the expenditure of tax resources and political favors for individuals who are wrongfully convicted or in some way treated unjustly. This guy chose to go there. Chose to do something that got him nicked by their law and convicted. Pretty different story there than say a tourist who gets wrapped up in some hijinx.

J-Dub
09-16-14, 10:14
He's not a kid, he's 24 and he made a big boy decision. You don't end up in North Korea by accident, it actually takes effort.

Kinda like "accidentally" entering Mexico with weapons their Govt' deems illegal??????

Ya being stupid has some consequences, most of which are not good.

Whiskey_Bravo
09-16-14, 10:34
Kinda like "accidentally" entering Mexico with weapons their Govt' deems illegal??????

Not this again? Really, you are going to compare entering North Korea from the United States to driving across our southern boarder? I know this has been discussed and that you will ignore it because you are an expert but did you not watch the Greta piece that shows how confusing and easy it is to get stuck in the wrong lane at that crossing?

But please continue, the North Korean border and the Mexican border are pretty much that same.

J-Dub
09-16-14, 12:35
Not this again? Really, you are going to compare entering North Korea from the United States to driving across our southern boarder? I know this has been discussed and that you will ignore it because you are an expert but did you not watch the Greta piece that shows how confusing and easy it is to get stuck in the wrong lane at that crossing?

But please continue, the North Korean border and the Mexican border are pretty much that same.

No you're totally right. The U.S.A/Mexican border actually has an "invisible cloaking" option. All the signs, concrete barricades, etc, just disappear until they snooker you across the border with an oasis mirage......

If the dipshit stuck in Mexico was a member of green peace going over there to "save" some endangered mole rat, you wouldn't give two shits about it....FACT

Dead Man
09-16-14, 12:50
He's not a kid, he's 24 and he made a big boy decision. You don't end up in North Korea by accident, it actually takes effort. Agree to disagree on the "normal looking" part. Even in your picture he's rocking a "high top" with widows peak, who the hell does that on purpose?

I'll feel bad if he's somehow mentally impaired, but if he is, who the hell let him go to North Korea?

You seem to be implying I implied something.

The KID made his own bed, now he gonna sleep in it.

Whiskey_Bravo
09-16-14, 13:09
No you're totally right. The U.S.A/Mexican border actually has an "invisible cloaking" option. All the signs, concrete barricades, etc, just disappear until they snooker you across the border with an oasis mirage......

If the dipshit stuck in Mexico was a member of green peace going over there to "save" some endangered mole rat, you wouldn't give two shits about it....FACT

Uhh ok.

SteyrAUG
09-16-14, 14:18

If we were being FLOODED by North Korean illegals that would change things. I understand your point and at face value agree with it, if a US citizen knowingly enters another country with contraband then he broke the law. I just am weighting our 12-20 instances per year against their 1,000s of instances per year. Also I'd never go to Mexico without a gun, it's a violent shithole. I solve this problem by simply not going to Mexico.

And anyone who'd go to North Korea for any reason needs to have their giant head examined.

SteyrAUG
09-16-14, 14:19
You seem to be implying I implied something.

The KID made his own bed, now he gonna sleep in it.

Sounds like I read your post in a way not intended.

skydivr
09-16-14, 15:16
How about let's go get the Marine out of the Mexican jail first....

3 AE
09-16-14, 18:41
How about let's go get the Marine out of the Mexican jail first....

That right there should be our priority when it comes to getting a U.S. Citizen back.

In regard to Matthew Miller, definitely a "tweaked" individual. This quote from a former high school classmate gives a little insight on the guy's psyche.

Melissa Morris, 24, who went to high school with Miller, recalled him being "very quiet but extremely intelligent." She said the two worked on a class project together, which was the last time they interacted. "He did not speak a single word to me the entire time we did the project," she said. "He was not your typical high school student."

Morris said Miller came from a high-achieving family.

Hmmmm.... Not your normal H.S. dude. Definitely a driven individual, considering one must go the the N. Korean embassy in Beijing in order to obtain a travel visa.

http://www.itseasy.com/visa-expediting/North-Korea/

Well, he won't have to worry about his near future. Everything will be planned out for him.