PDA

View Full Version : One source tactical slide

13mike
09-14-14, 14:28
I need a standard length upper to swap out my Glock 17L upper with. Brownells has a One Source Tactical slide with OEM internals in stock. Does this slide give up anything to a Glock slide? I need one ASAP , not much out there. Thanks

Steven T
09-14-14, 18:12
I bought one last april set up for an RDS to run on my G34. I have about 400 rnds through it. Not much I know but it works just like my stock 17.

chococat
09-14-14, 19:04
I also have a One Source Tactical slide for RDS. It has run fine with a factory barrel and factory parts install without issue. If you want a factory slide, Lucas Tactical (https://lucastactical.com) sells complete slide groups for the Glock.

rathos
09-15-14, 02:15
I bought a standard no RDS cut slide from them. The only thing I had a hard time with was putting in the channel liner. I ended up using a empty pen body to push the channel liner as I didn't want to buy a $12 tool. Sights also were a bit harder to fit due to the finish they use and Ameriglo sights did not fit the rear slide cut, they would just fall right out. However the stock sights, block night sights and heines worked just fine.

ptmccain
09-15-14, 05:49
I believe One Source slides are just OEM Glock slides, correct?

eodinert
09-15-14, 13:02
The ones I've seen have all kinds of goofy logos all over them, and no Glock logos.... so I'm going to go with no.

I've looked at those, but every time I think about buying one I think of Gabe Suarez and throw up a little in my mouth.

sjc3081
09-15-14, 21:42
The ones I've seen have all kinds of goofy logos all over them, and no Glock logos.... so I'm going to go with no.

I've looked at those, but every time I think about buying one I think of Gabe Suarez and throw up a little in my mouth.
Me too.

13mike
09-16-14, 05:18
Yeah. I'm just going to buy a complete gun.

BTL BRN
09-16-14, 12:26

^ This, not a fan of billboard guns and esp considering who you are advertising for.

300blkoutpistol
09-16-14, 18:05
Gabe also sells a Glock OEM slide milled with are the internals in it.... So you can have a OEM slide already milled for a RMR without the fan fair!

sent via my Flux Capacitor Powered Smartphone

ptmccain
09-16-14, 18:07
Gabe also sells a Glock OEM slide milled with are the internals in it.... So you can have a OEM slide already milled for a RMR without the fan fair!

Yes, bingo, that's what I was thinking of with my earlier comment in the thread. This is the route I chose to go and I'm glad I did. Regardless of what anyone thinks of Suarez, the OEM Glock OEM pre-milled slide is a good buy. I chose the G34 model slide, which fits perfectly, of course, on the same frame Glock uses with their G17 and 19, so you can have a milled slide in whatever model you want, and use it interchangeably with the same frame.

They run deals on them occasionally, and I got a great price on mine.

Others may choose a different route to go.

RHINOWSO
09-16-14, 18:22
but every time I think about buying one I think of Gabe Suarez and throw up a little in my mouth.

LMAO.

Hammer27
09-16-14, 18:53
I ordered a stock G19 slide with an RMR a few weeks ago. I'll update the crew here if you're so interested.

300blkoutpistol
09-16-14, 19:08
I ordered a stock G19 slide with an RMR a few weeks ago. I'll update the crew here if you're so interested.

I own three of them! You won't be disappointed.

Skipper1969
09-17-14, 09:19
I believe One Source slides are just OEM Glock slides, correct?

One Source sells milled oem slides and their own branded stainless slides that are melonited black.

The two most dangerous places in today's world:
1.) a gun free zone
2.) your comfort zone

hogarth
09-17-14, 12:43
One Source sells milled oem slides and their own branded stainless slides that are melonited black.

1.) a gun free zone
2.) your comfort zone

This^

I have an oem 19 slide milled by them for an RMR. No complaints.

Trajan
09-18-14, 07:29
Yes, bingo, that's what I was thinking of with my earlier comment in the thread. This is the route I chose to go and I'm glad I did. Regardless of what anyone thinks of Suarez, the OEM Glock OEM pre-milled slide is a good buy. I chose the G34 model slide, which fits perfectly, of course, on the same frame Glock uses with their G17 and 19, so you can have a milled slide in whatever model you want, and use it interchangeably with the same frame.

A 17 or 34 slide will not work with a 19 frame unless you bought a barrel with locking lugs built for a G19 locking block

Not sure if you could drop a G17 locking block into a G19 frame to get it to work. Never tried it.

Omega Man
09-23-14, 05:52

What's your problem with Suarez?

joshrunkle35
09-23-14, 07:47
What's your problem with Suarez?

Probably something to do with him going to prison, or the content of his videos/training.

ptmccain
09-23-14, 08:44
He is a persona non grata on this forum, apparently, and if there is any discussion about him, the topic is closed and locked down pretty quickly.

So, best just to steer clear and go on your merry way.

:)

If you want to find out more about Gabe Suarez, Google is your friend.

Skipper1969
09-23-14, 09:23
Back to the topic. Some don't like the logos on the Suarez International slides. One Source Tactical has OEM slides as well and for $125 IIRC they will mill your slide for an RMR and install suppressor sights. I believe they only work on Glock slides.

1.) a gun free zone
2.) your comfort zone

ptmccain
09-23-14, 09:24
"One Source Tactical has OEM slides as well and they will mill your slide for an RMR and install suppressor sights. I believe they only work on Glock slides. "

Yes, this is correct. They also routinely sell Glock OEM slides premilled to take a RMR.