PDA

View Full Version : URGENT: Please call PA House leadership and encourage them to vote in favor of HB2011

DreadPirateMoyer
09-16-14, 12:20
For those from PA (or who visit it often), please call PA House leadership, encourage them to bring HB2011 to a vote, and to SUPPORT it with NO AMENDMENTS. Even if you're not from the leaders' districts, they represent all of PA through their positions and it will help us get this important bill to a vote (contact info (http://forum.pafoa.org/pennsylvania-10/263890-action-alert-hb-2011-pre-emption-page-3.html#post2839953), full thread at PAFOA (http://forum.pafoa.org/pennsylvania-10/263890-action-alert-hb-2011-pre-emption.html)).

This bill strengthens our pre-emption statute by giving gun owners standing in court to sue illegal gun ordnances and other laws enacted by PA municipalities (gun laws are currently reserved only for the state) without having to get arrested in the first place (currently the only way to gain standing in the courts). It also provides monetary compensation to those who sue should municipalities be found in violation of PA state pre-emption so that gun owners don't have to bear a huge legal cost and also serves as a disincentive from enacting these illegal statutes in the first place. And, to give municipalities that have these laws on the books without knowledge of state pre-emption (it happens, especially in rural areas that don't have a solicitor), there's a 30-day period prior to lawsuits built in to allow them to rescind the illegal statute. Overall, it's a very fair bill that helps gun owners very much.

PLEASE CALL YOUR REPRESENTATIVE AND THE HOUSE LEADERS IN THE LINK ABOVE. It is currently scheduled for a vote, but it could be withdrawn or flooded with so many amendments that it gets killed. Please, even if your representative is in favor of it or you're from out of state, CALL AND MAKE YOUR OPINION HEARD. It will help us a lot!

platoonDaddy
01-16-15, 12:41
Dang, PA must have an anti-gun Governor, why else would he want Brown. Elections have consequences. For sure Brown is anti-2A, what is going on in PA?

HARRISBURG, Pa. (AP) - Pennsylvania Gov.-elect Tom Wolf wants Maryland's top cop to become Pennsylvania's top cop, he said Thursday.

In a series of Cabinet announcements involving law enforcement and civil defense, Wolf said he has selected Marcus Brown, Maryland's state police superintendent, to take over the $145,025-a-year job as commissioner of the Pennsylvania State Police, one of the nation's largest law enforcement agencies.

masan
01-16-15, 14:25
Dang, PA must have an anti-gun Governor, why else would he want Brown. Elections have consequences. For sure Brown is anti-2A, what is going on in PA?

The two major population centers here in PA are very anti 2a, and most of the PA voters live there.

platoonDaddy
01-16-15, 15:55
The two major population centers here in PA are very anti 2a, and most of the PA voters live there.

Certainly isn't the state I grew up in. How sad.

With your AG and Brown, they are going to shake up the gun culture in Pa.

Phillygunguy
01-17-15, 10:40
Tom Corbett wasn't liked and lies about him form the left got blown out of proportion , that and Corbett ran a bad campaign. This guy Wolf has lots of money and backing of the unions and is going to be hell of a fight when this guy Brown is appointed, Although IM not sure what he can do with a pro gun majority in the state legislature. Im hoping Wolf ****s up really bad the next 4 years and the people get sick of his ass and throw him out before he can do his damage. Im hoping too the AG gets thrown out, as she already made enemies with her some of her own party. What ever happens if shit gets like NY or NJ or MD we may be using the second amendment for its original intention

BoringGuy45
01-17-15, 15:40
Some well educated staunch conservatives I know voted for Wolf as a vote against Corbett. I just got here in his last two years, so I don't know exactly what Corbett's administration did that pissed people off so bad. But, some of it must have been pretty bad to get the people I know to vote Democrat. Most of them did so holding their nose, and probably would not have done so had there been a danger of the legislation fallen into Democrat hands. I think the main logic was:

1) Wolf won't be able to do much anyway.
2) If (when) he shows himself to be another Obama Jr., in 4 years, maybe the GOP will put out someone actually worth voting for.

Phillygunguy
01-17-15, 16:47
Some well educated staunch conservatives I know voted for Wolf as a vote against Corbett. I just got here in his last two years, so I don't know exactly what Corbett's administration did that pissed people off so bad. But, some of it must have been pretty bad to get the people I know to vote Democrat. Most of them did so holding their nose, and probably would not have done so had there been a danger of the legislation fallen into Democrat hands. I think the main logic was:

2) If (when) he shows himself to be another Obama Jr., in 4 years, maybe the GOP will put out someone actually worth voting for.

I don't think there's that many conservatives in PA anymore or if there is they are out numbered.

The reason Corbett lost is many people blame him for Sandusky, Penn state fiasco, and the teacher unions say he cut funding , which is a lie because the money they got was from Obama and ended. That and Corbett ran a bad campaign.
Now we have a pos communist governor, with a psychotic AG and a PSP chief who helped design the laws in Maryland, oh and while he worked in Maryland he lived in PA and got paid with Maryland tax dollars

Phillygunguy
01-17-15, 16:48
I don't think there's that many conservatives in PA anymore or if there is they are out numbered.

The reason Corbett lost is many people blame him for Sandusky, Penn state fiasco, and the teacher unions say he cut funding , which is a lie because the money they got was from Obama and ended. That and Corbett ran a bad campaign.
Now we have a pos communist governor, with a psychotic AG and a PSP chief who helped design the laws in Maryland, oh and while he worked in Maryland he lived in PA and got paid with Maryland tax dollars

PA is ****ed

Phillygunguy
01-17-15, 16:49

Now we have a pos communist governor, with a psychotic AG and a PSP chief who helped design the laws in Maryland, oh and while he worked in Maryland he lived in PA and got paid with Maryland tax dollars.
PA is ****ed

platoonDaddy
01-21-15, 16:58
The commie anti 2A AG from Philly, just might go to jail, or go broke with legal fees! Wonder if Anti.2A-Bloomberg will provide her legal fees? YEA!

http://news.yahoo.com/grand-jury-pennsylvania-attorney-general-could-face-charges-160015613.html

BoringGuy45
01-21-15, 21:44

Now we have a pos communist governor, with a psychotic AG and a PSP chief who helped design the laws in Maryland, oh and while he worked in Maryland he lived in PA and got paid with Maryland tax dollars.
PA is ****ed

PA is fine. The conservatives still outnumber the liberals and the GOP is still in control of the legislature. The liberals in charge are barely more than figureheads. Philly just makes it seem the other way around. We're years off from it going to hell.