PDA

View Full Version : New personal best, thanks M4Carbine

Vegasshooter
09-16-14, 12:23
I want to take a minute to thank many of the folks who post and share so much knowledge here on M4Carbine. I read a lot, and don't post a ton. I figure there are many folks who have more knowledge than me, and I try to read everything, and only post if I really have something to offer. I have recently been really getting into longer range rifle shooting. Long range is a subjective term I know, but lets say 550 yards plus. I am currently shooting a BCM SPR'ish rifle. I have the stainless 1/8 twist, rifle length gas system, Larue 13" rail, BCM gunfighter comp. I am using a Larue mount holding a Vortex 2.5-10x32 glass. I have been shooting almost weekly since I bought this rig. I have been a LEO for 17 years, and a firearms instructor for about 10 years. That job is great, and rewarding, but it does not mean you can shoot long range rifle. We are handgun/shotgun based, and patrol carbine trained. I have really enjoyed learning to apply all the fundamentals I already know to long range rifle. I set a new personal best today. I was getting very consistant, 36-40 hits out at 650 yards. That's 19 MOA of dial up. 136" of drop. I have learned a TON about equipment, ammo, glass, hold over, wind reading etc. on this site.

I would say to anyone wanting to learn, read a bunch, then read some more. Thanks to the people like Iraqgunz, MarkM, Pappabear, and many more.

I've rattled long enough. This site is fantastic, and the knowledge base that is here is amazing. I am glad to be a part of the community and will contribute when I can.

SeriousStudent
09-16-14, 21:50
Bless you for using this site for it's intended purpose. I'm building up a BCM precision rig myself, and having a blast doing it.

I wish you the very best of luck with your efforts. Thank you for your service to your community, and stay safe.

Steel head
09-16-14, 22:05
What!
No pics!
The shame!

The SPR configuration is my fav, sweet shooters.

dramabeats
10-01-14, 17:14
How many rounds through the barrel? Whats the front end weight like? I'm thinking of running a complete KMR 18" upper for 3 gun.

ptmccain
10-01-14, 17:16
Thumbs up, bro.