PDA

View Full Version : Vortex Spitfire 1x

splittime
09-17-14, 13:04
Hey guys,
since I have astigmatism in my right eye red dot sights are quite blurry to me.
I understand that 1x prism scope should fix that, anyone tried that Vortex Spitfire 1x?
Its quite a bit less then Leopold prismatic and gets good reviews

Shiz
09-19-14, 22:32
I was looking at it the other day for my old eyes. I haven't gotten my hands on one yet though.

nate89
09-19-14, 22:58
I also have astigmatism and used to own the Prismatic from Leupold. It was clear, and it solved the blurriness problem just fine. I eventually decided that (besides weight), a 1-4 or 1-6 variable scope would do essentially everything a prism scope would do, but also give you magnification if needed. It's just a thought. I think the prism scopes work fine, but I went with the scope. YMMV.

RUSKI
09-19-14, 23:01
I put one on my wife's AR after using the 3x Spitfire on my rifle for a couple of months. The optic is clear, and the reticle is very crisp once you adjust the quick focus ring. The green/red illumination works well, the red is by far better in bright daylight. I find myself rarely using the illumination on either Spitfire though. I wrote a short review of the 3x optic in August, the 1x hasn't disappointed me either. My wife likes too and that's important. I am on a kick lately to replace all my battery powered optics with prismatic ones. I like the fact that if my battery dies I still have a point of aim. Vortex has a good track record and the best warranty. I like sticking with a company that is consistent. If I could convince my wife that they all need to be ACOGs than that would be my optic of choice. Sadly I cant so Vortex is my go to brand for the money.

splittime
09-22-14, 14:37
I just ordered one and will test it out once I get my rifle from warranty service