PDA

View Full Version : 2015 Second Amendment March - April 29, Lansing MI

pyzik
09-17-14, 14:01
Click the image to be taken to the Facebook event page.
https://fbcdn-sphotos-e-a.akamaihd.net/hphotos-ak-xfa1/v/t1.0-9/10599391_10204604214767455_1458271417015183010_n.jpg?oh=8fa775c52f0033586adae6ceabbc64d6&oe=54CAF7B0&__gda__=1419327837_70e63cedd03637387c2bccec2b6b182e (https://www.facebook.com/events/386466308177425/386484018175654/?notif_t=like)

The 2015 Second Amendment March is being scheduled already! Front lawn of the Capital building has been secured.

This is being posted in such advance that we should ALL be able to get the day off work, find a sitter, whatever you need to do to be there.

This is on a Wednesday. Because I know it's going to come up, this isn't on a Saturday because NO ONE is there on Saturday!
We want to be seen! We want you to be able to stop by your representative's offices and talk with them.

Keep checking the facebook page for updates as we get closer.

See you there!

Here are photos from last years event (Click pic for more pictures)
https://fbcdn-sphotos-b-a.akamaihd.net/hphotos-ak-xfa1/v/t1.0-9/527715_10151381234471705_2076626627_n.jpg?oh=fc371417524333f76ae4238afa90ae93&oe=54C65EEC&__gda__=1419134179_5cb3bc8e3857f8f1e1e72485cb566a3f (https://www.facebook.com/media/set/?set=a.10151381232011705.1073741826.66080286704&type=3)

TomD
09-17-14, 16:59
Do hope you have a LARGE turn out. From my time there I know there are a lot of strong 2A types around. Best wishes from a patriot in TX!

Leaveammoforme
09-17-14, 17:32
Why fly Gadsden flags if you go willingly unarmed?

Please don't say anything stupid while you guys are representing firearms owners as a whole.

pyzik
09-17-14, 18:44
Why fly Gadsden flags if you go willingly unarmed?

Please don't say anything stupid while you guys are representing firearms owners as a whole.
I've been to three, MOST people are polite and professional. One year, a lady's gun fell out of her holster as she was walking... That's been the worst thing I've seen.

Another time a non-gun owner/random nut took the time to preach about 9/11 conspiracy.

I'd say an unarmed individual is a RARE sight at these rallies.

We can (and do) carry in the capital building.

Thanks for your concern though.

Leaveammoforme
09-17-14, 21:23
I guess I'm just not following. After looking at picture better, I see what may be some firearms and unsafe handling.

#1 White guy near bottom right of pic ,to left of white awning , facing camera in black hoodie wearing sunglasses appears to have AR style rifle pointing down due to mag shape on his left thigh.

#2 Above same white awning -White guy wearing gray sweat shirt and black beenie is wearing one point sling on what is maybe a pistol.

#3 White guy in black jacket, black benie and blue jeans at top left center of pic under thermometer sign might have long gun with barrel pointing up.

#4 White guy in black jacket , blue jeans and black baseball hat with white lettering in bottom left of pic appears to have a handgun out of holster in his right hand held at waist level.

#5 Person far left center of pic under large flags facing away from camera wearing black jacket, dark pants, dark head cover may have holstered pistol on right hip.

So you do carry there, it is legal, only had a couple known instances of unsafe or idiotic actions and you book the spot 7 months in advance. So you are given permission to do lawful activities and yet the Gadsden flags are still present. You can't really spout off 'bring it' and 'come and take it' if you asked permission to have a lawful gathering...can you?

-Dropped firearms are a major issue,
-Finger banging firearms is a major issue,
-Someone not part of the event running their mouth is a major issue
-Strutting around like you will not follow laws after asking permission and following laws is comical.

These are my concerns.

pyzik
09-18-14, 09:13
Agreed, a dropped firearm is a big issue. She left directly after.
Agreed, the nut was an issue and he was hushed and hurried along, though it was allowed to go on longer than it should have.
I didn't see gun finger banging. Guns were either holstered or slung.
I also agree that most likely a majority of the people would roll over if gestapo showed up at their door for their guns. However, I do hope there are some patriots in the crowd.

As far as asking permission to assemble. We reserved the lawn to make sure no other group reserved it. MDA has also held rallies and we wanted to make sure we had the "rights" to the lawn first. You don't have to ask permission to assemble. We could have just showed up... but if someone else reserved the lawn we'd be stuck on the sidewalks.

#1 - Yes, that is an AR, muzzle down (on concrete, I know...). To ME not that big of a deal, since it's slung and he's not handling it.
#2 - I think that was an AK pistol. If he want's to keep smacking himself in the nuts with a slung firearm, that's his business.
#3 - State police and officials requested that if you enter the chambers that your muzzle be up, due to the fact that the chamber is below you with people in it. Perhaps he went in and was just returning?
#4 - That's a camera.
#5 - I don't know what point you're making here.

So, I personally saw no one was of real concern as far as safety goes. Yes, we could argue slung guns, keeping control of your rifle (two points of contact) and muzzle up vs down.
Not all gun owners are trained and some are even down right dumb. But it's their right the same as it's yours or mine. And you can't control an entire crowd.

Personally, I think the positive impact of these rallies outweighs any negative (so far, there has been NO negative press).

Alpha Sierra
09-23-14, 17:44
I guess I'm just not following. After looking at picture better, I see what may be some firearms and unsafe handling.

#1 White guy near bottom right of pic ,to left of white awning , facing camera in black hoodie wearing sunglasses appears to have AR style rifle pointing down due to mag shape on his left thigh.

#2 Above same white awning -White guy wearing gray sweat shirt and black beenie is wearing one point sling on what is maybe a pistol.

#3 White guy in black jacket, black benie and blue jeans at top left center of pic under thermometer sign might have long gun with barrel pointing up.

#4 White guy in black jacket , blue jeans and black baseball hat with white lettering in bottom left of pic appears to have a handgun out of holster in his right hand held at waist level.

#5 Person far left center of pic under large flags facing away from camera wearing black jacket, dark pants, dark head cover may have holstered pistol on right hip.

So you do carry there, it is legal, only had a couple known instances of unsafe or idiotic actions and you book the spot 7 months in advance. So you are given permission to do lawful activities and yet the Gadsden flags are still present. You can't really spout off 'bring it' and 'come and take it' if you asked permission to have a lawful gathering...can you?

-Dropped firearms are a major issue,
-Finger banging firearms is a major issue,
-Someone not part of the event running their mouth is a major issue
-Strutting around like you will not follow laws after asking permission and following laws is comical.

These are my concerns.

This does more harm than good. If you want to contribute, drive up here and show up

U&A
12-05-14, 12:10
I've been to three, MOST people are polite and professional. One year, a lady's gun fell out of her holster as she was walking... That's been the worst thing I've seen.

Another time a non-gun owner/random nut took the time to preach about 9/11 conspiracy.

I'd say an unarmed individual is a RARE sight at these rallies.

We can (and do) carry in the capital building.

Thanks for your concern though.

What he said.

I was at the one were the guy started preaching about a 9/11 conspiracy. I always show up dressed nice, suit and tie, and an unloaded rifle slung. I carry the same sign every time.

one side says "Laws don't stop evil acts of violence, Guns do" and the other side says "use your 1st to protect your 2nd".

it is always a peaceful event even though there are a few oddballs here and there.

I plan on attending the April, 29 2015 by the way. thanks for the info