PDA

View Full Version : Precision after 4,700 logged rounds

308sako
09-18-14, 19:00
http://i181.photobucket.com/albums/x160/308sako/50100amp200ACOGBCM4700rounds_zps39227ecb.jpg

Got curious as to how my BCM 11.5" LW CL barrel was holding up in it's precision capability after 4,700 logged rounds fired. Using a 4X ACOG and shooting at 50, 100 and 200 yards with the rifles favorite handload; 55 Nosler BT with AR Comp. I am more than pleased it has been a simply outstanding tube. All rounds fired suppressed with AAC SPR-M4. Barrel was fouled with approximately 50 rounds before this series was fired. I can't justify a new barrel just yet. :)

Top was 200 yards hold is 200 hash, orange diamond was 50 yards, same hold, lower 2 black diamonds 100 yards center hash. I eliminated the one round as a called flyer.

markm
09-18-14, 19:53
Nice! That's a solid load.

IraqVet1982
09-18-14, 21:26
4700rds, you're just breaking it in [emoji379]

ptmccain
09-19-14, 06:09
Well done!

Berserkr556
09-19-14, 10:48
First rate ! It's good to see that I'm not the only person who logs each shot fired. I have a log for every firearm I own. Younger guys at the range always ask why waste the time keeping a log just shoot.

Failure2Stop
09-19-14, 11:08
I'm only seeing 3 rounds per group.
For precision evaluation, you should really be looking at overlaid 5 rounders or 10 round groups.
I'm not saying that your gun isn't decent, or that you need a new barrel, just that the data presented is insufficient to draw a conclusion on precision.

308sako
09-19-14, 11:25
I'm only seeing 3 rounds per group.
For precision evaluation, you should really be looking at overlaid 5 rounders or 10 round groups.
I'm not saying that your gun isn't decent, or that you need a new barrel, just that the data presented is insufficient to draw a conclusion on precision.

OK Jack, next week I will endeavor to be statistically correct and will post results in this thread.

My point here was to evaluate to my standard and usage type the current status of my SBR lightweight. In that I am satisfied, however I do see your point.

D

plouffedaddy
09-19-14, 12:32
Thanks for posting up the results:moil:

Failure2Stop
09-19-14, 12:46
OK Jack, next week I will endeavor to be statistically correct and will post results in this thread.

My point here was to evaluate to my standard and usage type the current status of my SBR lightweight. In that I am satisfied, however I do see your point.

D

Hah, hope you didn't take that the wrong way.
Frankly, I am interested to see how the barrel is doing. I've been pretty happy with what I've seen from BCM barrels.

foxtrotx1
09-19-14, 13:12

D

I'd be curious to see 10 round groups, if anything, just because your data presentation is nice and clean.

Eurodriver
09-19-14, 14:05
Wait, it's not BFH? Nonsense. I was told the extra money is critical for longevity and accuracy - so much so that I've waited over 6 months on an identical product yet to be released in order to get what I want even though I'll never get to 4,700 rounds in my AR anyway...

...said all the M4C collectors.

Caeser25
09-19-14, 14:20
Pics of 11.5 with SPR taper mount?

markm
09-19-14, 14:29
I'd be curious to see 10 round groups, if anything, just because your data presentation is nice and clean.

For me... 10 round groups start to introduce too much human error and positional and/or eye fatigue. I get too impatient and start getting sloppy and rushed.

That's just me... so I stick to 5 round groups.

foxtrotx1
09-19-14, 15:28
For me... 10 round groups start to introduce too much human error and positional and/or eye fatigue. I get too impatient and start getting sloppy and rushed.

I suppose anything is better than 3.

Koshinn
09-19-14, 15:37

Hell, I only shoot one shot groups for testing barrel potential and I still get 2+ MOA groups!

http://i.imgur.com/jMNaeGM.png

John_Burns
09-24-14, 12:22

Not just you.

5 rounds at a time is a max for me if testing the gun. 10 rounds is much more of a test of shooter.

JS-Maine
09-24-14, 13:35
Hahahaa! That's a riot....25 yds too. That pipe is whipped!

Hell, I only shoot one shot groups for testing barrel potential and I still get 2+ MOA groups!

ggammell
09-24-14, 19:11

Makes me wonder what kind of velocity that had at impact. It's gotta hurt like a mother to catch one broadside.

markm
09-25-14, 08:26
Makes me wonder what kind of velocity that had at impact. It's gotta hurt like a mother to catch one broadside.

Those suckers keep going too. I was trying 77s at and just above Subsonic yesterday. And they penetrate a lot of water jug going sideways. I could see the entry and exit hole on my second jug, and they looked just like the pic above.

Hank6046
09-25-14, 22:57
Got curious as to how my BCM 11.5" LW CL barrel was holding up in it's precision capability after 4,700 logged rounds fired. Using a 4X ACOG and shooting at 50, 100 and 200 yards with the rifles favorite handload; 55 Nosler BT with AR Comp. I am more than pleased it has been a simply outstanding tube. All rounds fired suppressed with AAC SPR-M4. Barrel was fouled with approximately 50 rounds before this series was fired. I can't justify a new barrel just yet. :)

Top was 200 yards hold is 200 hash, orange diamond was 50 yards, same hold, lower 2 black diamonds 100 yards center hash. I eliminated the one round as a called flyer.

With an 11.5, that's outstanding, this is the info that should be presented when someone posts a question about how they want to buy a DPMS or Bushy