PDA

View Full Version : Taurus pistol question

Slater
09-18-14, 20:39
The wife came home today with a used handgun she just bought. It's a Taurus 908 in 9mm. I've never owned a Taurus but I've heard enough negative feedback to steer clear of them, and I don't want to rain on her parade if I don't have to.

Never even heard of the Model 908. Any do's/don't do's with this particular model?

acaixguard
09-18-14, 21:03
Probably not what you want to hear now, but if it were my wife, I would return it if possible, or sell it, and then help her choose a pistol with a proven track record.

MountainRaven
09-18-14, 21:23
Suffer silently. Take it out and run it 'til it breaks. When it does, send it back to Taurus. Let natural selection take its course. I'm sure she'll realize it's garbage on her own by the second or third time she has to send it back. If not sooner.

Slab
09-19-14, 18:41
Intended purpose?

quino171
09-19-14, 19:03
Suffer silently. Take it out and run it 'til it breaks. When it does, send it back to Taurus. Let natural selection take its course. I'm sure she'll realize it's garbage on her own by the second or third time she has to send it back. If not sooner.
My brother has one. Not too bad. I actually like it. Pretty interesting pistol. I would get one for the right price on the pistol and extra mags.

I agree. Run it hard and let her get comfortable with firearms in general. It will lead her to something else. I say keep it. With a lifetime guarantee .... why not keep it. If it really buggers up she will get real familiar with immediate action drills and SPORTS to clear stoppages. If she got it 350 or less you will be alright. This is a good training exercise for the wife.

Sent from my MB860 using Tapatalk 2

chilic82
09-19-14, 20:19
I say run it. If she's really into guns, she might wear it out (highly doubt it). If she's like most women I know she is excited about it now....then it gets left behind for a few days... A week.....a month....then it just becomes a nightstand keepsakes. It will serve that role perfectly fine and your not the "gun guru" that thinks everyone must have a 1,000 round non stoppage fire breathing dragon to ward off the boogeyman. Most people don't take firearms near as serious as we do on here, and somehow most all of them are still alive today. Let her have her fun, and it might surprise you.

Kain
09-19-14, 20:33
To quote another member on here what is the intended use?

While there is no love loss between me and Taurus, I will give credit where credit is due and say that generally from those who I have known who owned Taurus guns they are pretty responsive to in the CS department. Have seen and used some of their revolvers that weren't too shabby. Their autos I don't like, to put it lightly, but again, depending on the use it might fulfill the role. That said, I have also seen several of their guns, pistol and revolver lock up tighter than a virgin on prom night within the few ten rounds.