PDA

View Full Version : Cap plugs for pistol brace...

ptmccain
09-19-14, 06:59
This looks kind of interesting. But...would you use them?

http://jerkingthetrigger.com/2014/09/18/cap-plugs-for-your-sb47/

IraqVet1982
09-19-14, 07:28
Looks like it's time to send the ATF an inquiry

Eurodriver
09-19-14, 07:32
It's like no one learned anything from the Akins Accelerator

DWood
09-19-14, 09:03
The ATF has given an opinion that the SB 15 brace does not change the classification of an AR pistol to a rifle. How could you even argue that the cap depicted changes the function of the brace? Many, if not most, position the brace so the RE comes all the way too the end, or close enough that a cap could not be used. The cap is designed to allow storage in the empty space for those who position the brace farther back. I use one of the large KAK spacers on mine and don't see the need to store items in the tiny space created at the back end of the brace, but I can see how some would want to.

How would this cap change the function? Answer: it wouldn't. The ONLY debate you could make is that the brace can only be used as it comes from the box. That remains to be seen. This line of questioning is stupid.

wildcard600
09-19-14, 09:08
This line of questioning is stupid.

consider the source. he likes to stir shit for attention. best to just ignore and hope he will get bored and go away.

Rayrevolver
09-19-14, 09:17
ptmccain - In one thread you accuse people of acting like TOS and then start a waste of time thread like this. Its very frustrating and non-productive.

DWood
09-19-14, 10:08
......................best to just ignore and hope he will get bored and go away.

I responded because of the replies that seemed to buy in to the topic.

Berserkr556
09-19-14, 10:52
Would I use it ? NO, I have no need to buy a cap for the brace. It's useless and a total waste of money.

zombiescometh
09-19-14, 12:33
If you buy a phase 5 tactical buffer tube they include one.

Eurodriver
09-19-14, 14:07
I responded because of the replies that seemed to buy in to the topic.

People asking the BATFE stupid, irrelevant questions such as the OP's is exactly what got the Akins Accelerator banned.

I find that to be very pertinent information in threads such as these.