PDA

View Full Version : BCM Trivia Challenge

wildcard600
09-19-14, 16:18
Anyone else enter this to win a rifle like Larry's?

i dont know what any of that stuff is so i hope the people at BCM have a sense of humor if they come across my answers.

http://www.bravocompanymfg.com/bcm_trivia_challenge/

Koshinn
09-19-14, 16:31
I'm pretty sure I got all the answers. Interesting magazine choice.

I also figured out the rifle by looking up STANAG-compatible rifles and digging through the pictures, lol.

thopkins22
09-19-14, 16:37
I also figured out the rifle by looking up STANAG-compatible rifles and digging through the pictures, lol.

Ditto.

adh
09-19-14, 16:53
I'd seen them when teaching over there a long time ago so I knew what I was looking for....didn't remember model but did remember manufacturer

Koshinn
09-19-14, 16:56
Also since when does LAV not use a T-1?

wildcard600
09-19-14, 17:09
I'm pretty sure I got all the answers. Interesting magazine choice.

Ditto.

I'd seen them when teaching over there a long time ago so I knew what I was looking for....didn't remember model but did remember manufacturer

Oh... so "Sniper version of the AK-47" was not the correct answer ? :(

Madmatt13
09-19-14, 17:12

Nope stoner 63

Koshinn
09-19-14, 17:16

It's not even eastern european!

Zirk208
09-19-14, 17:27
Nope stoner 63

Where in there did you see a Stoner 63?

thopkins22
09-19-14, 17:28
Nope stoner 63

You didn't actually watch the video all the way through did you(although it's not a 63 at the beginning either)? Or if you did, you're just trying to limit the pool to increase your odds....

wildcard600
09-19-14, 17:30
It's not even eastern european!

next thing your going to tell me is that the barrel shroud/rail is not "the shoulder thing that goes up".

Moose-Knuckle
09-19-14, 17:34
As the Gun Geek that I am, (as put forth in the "types of shooters" thread) I knew the particular assault rifle by sight.

Cool contest, smart advertising on BCM's part, and good luck to all those who entered . . . . correctly that is! :D

Madmatt13
09-19-14, 17:41
You didn't actually watch the video all the way through did you(although it's not a 63 at the beginning either)? Or if you did, you're just trying to limit the pool to increase your odds....

Guess I was wrong sorry

wildcard600
09-19-14, 17:45
reading the fine print states that winner is chosen at random. i dont think the answers provided have any bearing on your chances of winning.

KalashniKEV
09-19-14, 17:48
As the Gun Geek that I am, (as put forth in the "types of shooters" thread) I knew the particular assault rifle by sight.

There was a rumor many years ago that CAI acquired some kits of that particular fusil. ;)

I guess it was BS.

Moose-Knuckle
09-19-14, 17:54
There was a rumor many years ago that CAI acquired some kits of that particular fusil. ;)

I guess it was BS.

I heard the same rumor about CAI importing kits years ago on The Guns Network boards.

wildcard600
09-19-14, 17:59
(v) ** ++++ """""""""

Madmatt13
09-19-14, 18:06
Is it a FN CAL?

thopkins22
09-19-14, 18:42
Is it a FN CAL?

Pensar en español. ;)

RMiller
09-19-14, 18:56
At first it said Hallo! Then I realized it was really saying ¡hola!

Renegade04
09-19-14, 19:27
I found the answer as to which assault rifle it is. It took a lot of searching, but I did it. You guys would probably never guess what it is. Of course, I dare not say for the sake of competition. I will say this, it is along the lineage of the HK 93.

Moose-Knuckle
09-19-14, 19:38
I found the answer as to which assault rifle it is. It took a lot of searching, but I did it. You guys would probably never guess what it is.

Did you see post #12 on page 1?

Korgs130
09-19-14, 19:48
Defiantly a fun exercise. I knew the make right away but had to google to find the model. Out of curiosity, did anyone else here read Don Pendelton's The Executioner series novels in the '80s (Mack Bolan, Phoenix Force & Able Team)? On the back inside cover of every book they had a drawing and profile of a different assault rifle, MG or SMG. I did and as a result I've got all sorts of random firearms info bouncing around my cranium.

TXBK
09-19-14, 19:50
If I remember correctly, LAV used a T-1 in my class, but everything else looked familiar. My class was right before BCM released some kind of funny looking rail to the general public.
I will admit that I had to do some research on the foreign entity there. After careful examination, I concluded that I should travel one more letter up the alphabet.

Renegade04
09-19-14, 19:53
Did you see post #12 on page 1?

Just in case I may have missed something between the lines, exactly what are you saying?

Moose-Knuckle
09-19-14, 20:01
Just in case I may have missed something between the lines, exactly what are you saying?

Not sure where the miscommunication is? Let me try this, I know sometimes things can get lost tyring to read text.

You posted:

I found the answer as to which assault rifle it is. It took a lot of searching, but I did it. You guys would probably never guess what it is. Of course, I dare not say for the sake of competition. I will say this, it is along the lineage of the HK 93.

After I had posted:

wildcard600
09-19-14, 20:15
HMMMM......

HMMMMMMM........

Renegade04
09-19-14, 20:28
Not sure where the miscommunication is? Let me try this, I know sometimes things can get lost tyring to read text.

You posted:

Originally Posted by Renegade04

After I had posted:

Originally Posted by Moose-Knuckle

So, I conclude that you are saying that you knew the answer before I made my initial comment. That is just fantastic. Good for you. However, I was addressing the populous and not just one person in particular. Several others were making a bunch of guesses and that is who I was primarily addressing. I did not know the answer right off, but I did know what track to get on for my search. Some people do not even attempt doing that. I will say that I learned something I did not know from my search.

Leaveammoforme
09-19-14, 20:31
I'm in. Since I had to give up my super secret youtube username to BCM, I expect to go from 2 to 3 subscribers next time I check....

Koshinn
09-19-14, 20:37

It takes all of like 3 minutes to figure out what it is.

Type STANAG Magazine into Wikipedia.
Click through all the rifles you aren't familiar with until you find it.

Renegade04
09-19-14, 20:49

A big "Thank you" to the resident experts. Even though I know a lot about firearms, I do not know everything like some. I appreciate your criticism and direction (after the fact). I take big pride in researching and finding things out for myself without asking anyone. That makes me a wiser man than I was prior to that point. Now, you guys can retract your fangs and your claws.

Moose-Knuckle
09-19-14, 20:51
So, I conclude that you are saying that you knew the answer before I made my initial comment. That is just fantastic. Good for you.

That would be correct. And thanks, its much appreciated.

However, I was addressing the populous and not just one person in particular. Several others were making a bunch of guesses and that is who I was primarily addressing.

There were multiple members who posted that they either knew it or figured it out on the first page. When one makes a broad generalization such as "you guys will never guess it" it is ass-u-med that it is directed at everyone participating in the thread.

wildcard600
09-19-14, 20:51

You guys are so wrong. Its obviously an AK with a Tapco grip.

Gimme a second while I adjust my belt. These pants don't fit like they used too........

steyrman13
09-19-14, 20:53

That was much faster than google or google images lol. I kept trying different wording and looking up mil rifles by decades until Wikipedia turned up a result on my google search and it was a different page than the one you talked off

rassi1288
09-19-14, 21:04
So no one thinks the Assault Rifle is the FN FAL? considering he thinks that is the best Assault rifle ever made... Also the Magazine is a TangoDown....You can look it all up on the BCM website..the hardest one is the flash hider... I'm pretty sure I got all the answers correct though.... I'd like to see what other people think all the stuff is

wildcard600
09-19-14, 21:12
M249/Minimi at the beginning and a CETME L at the end.

Honestly some of you guys are overreacting a bit. The rules state that the winner is drawn at random, and I don't see anything in there about getting the answers right.

This is just supposed to be fun.

Trajan
09-19-14, 21:40
FFFFFFUuuuuuuu......

I thought it was a Stoner 63A. HK style stock should have given it away.

Moose-Knuckle
09-19-14, 21:54
..the hardest one is the flash hider...

That would be a BCM GUNFIGHTER Compensator Mod-0 (5.56).

Erik99318
09-19-14, 22:11
Yep, I agree with wildcard.... CETME model L was my guess after a quick internet search.

Koshinn
The hardest was the pistol grip. You only get like a glimpse and the vid isn't super clear due to shadows and it being black.

HighDesert
What was that optic?

Koshinn
09-19-14, 22:15
Aimpoint M4s

HighDesert
09-19-14, 22:17
Oops.

HighDesert
09-19-14, 23:22
The hardest was the pistol grip. You only get like a glimpse and the vid isn't super clear due to shadows and it being black.

Battlegrip I thought

Renegade04
09-19-14, 23:39
Battlegrip I thought

Looked like a BCM Gunfighter Mod 1 grip, but I could be wrong.

Shiz
09-20-14, 01:06
I couldn't tell if it was the mod 1 or 3.

markm
09-20-14, 07:20
Anyone else enter this to win a rifle like Larry's?

Nope.

peruna
09-20-14, 07:21
That would be correct. And thanks, its much appreciated.

There were multiple members who posted that they either knew it or figured it out on the first page. When one makes a broad generalization such as "you guys will never guess it" it is ass-u-med that it is directed at everyone participating in the thread.

That's awesome! Here's one big attaboy just for you!

Moose-Knuckle
09-20-14, 11:14

BCM GUNFIGHTER Grip, as others noted no way to tell what "Mod" it is with out a closer look which we don't get in that particular vid.

If you watch LAV's YT channel you will see his BCM commericals featuring his training carbine and BCM's various product line.

Moose-Knuckle
09-20-14, 11:14
That's awesome! Here's one big attaboy just for you!

LOL, took you awhile huh?

Have the best day ever . . .

ptmccain
09-20-14, 12:02
Oh oh ... Break out the butt hurt cream!

Sent from my SPH-L720 using Tapatalk

HeliPilot
09-20-14, 12:20
The grip looks like the BCM MOD 0, when he sets the rifle down it appears that the extended beavertail is missing. Fun contest, but man some of y'all are taking this trivia way too seriously.

Moose-Knuckle
09-20-14, 12:27
Oh oh ... Break out the butt hurt cream!

You might want to save the cream for yourself in case you haven't seen the repsonses to your shotgun comment in the home defense carbine thread. Its getting pretty brutal over there . . .

Trajan
09-20-14, 12:49
BCM GUNFIGHTER Grip, as others noted no way to tell what "Mod" it is with out a closer look which we don't get in that particular vid.

If you watch LAV's YT channel you will see his BCM commericals featuring his training carbine and BCM's various product line.
I guessed Mod 0 since LAV has small hands.

TXBK
09-20-14, 12:55
If I remember correctly, LAV prefers the TD grip, and that's what it looks like, to me.

HighDesert
09-20-14, 13:10
I guess his 11" KMR was custom made? I got a ruler out.

ptmccain
09-20-14, 13:15
Do you have to get the answers right to have your entry accepted?

Sent from my SPH-L720 using Tapatalk

Koshinn
09-20-14, 14:00
I guessed Mod 0 since LAV has small hands.

I also guessed mod 0

steyrman13
09-20-14, 14:03
I guessed mod 0 on the grip. It was hard to see but I couldn't see the tang and it looked like the profile of a plain receiver. I guess mod 1 on muzzle BC it looked a little longer than the mod 0 looked like a 13" KMR on 16" barrel to me

cd228
09-20-14, 15:00
If I remember correctly, LAV prefers the TD grip, and that's what it looks like, to me.
It looks like that to me as well. The angle of the grip is what caught my eye.

SeriousStudent
09-20-14, 15:06
Everybody calm down and act like grown ups if you wish the thread to stay open, and you wish to keep participating on this forum.

3ACR_Scout
09-20-14, 15:23
Interesting magazine choice.
I actually guessed it before watching the video and wasn't surprised, despite his comments about the longevity of polymer mags a few months back. Pat Rogers uses them in his BCM ads, and BCM offers the best regular discount on them that I've seen anywhere, so I figured there was some kind of relationship there.

Dave

KalashniKEV
09-20-14, 15:26
Yep, I agree with wildcard.... CETME model L was my guess after a quick internet search.

Yeah, but you have to write "Modelo" L or else your vote doesn't count.

Koshinn
09-20-14, 16:04
Yeah, but you have to write "Modelo" L or else your vote doesn't count.

Noooooooooooooo

Cincinnatus
11-11-14, 01:49
So who won? Drawing was Nov. 7.

wildcard600
11-11-14, 07:22
So who won? Drawing was Nov. 7.

Apparently no-one on this board.

Leaveammoforme
11-14-14, 21:52
I'm curious about the answers versus the submitted responses. I'm sure it would take awhile to compile everything on their end but I'm getting anxious. Shame winner isn't a M4Cer because I thought we were BCMs and Vickers chosen people.:(

JS-Maine
11-15-14, 05:08
That's what I thought as well, but I also remember coming to the conclusion that I was wrong about 3 seconds after submitting my answers. If memory serves it was because I had counted the keymod slots and there weren't enough to conclude it was the 13" rail. Pretty sure that was the only one I got wrong. On the bright side, at least I knew I lost a long time ago.

I guessed mod 0 on the grip. It was hard to see but I couldn't see the tang and it looked like the profile of a plain receiver. I guess mod 1 on muzzle BC it looked a little longer than the mod 0 looked like a 13" KMR on 16" barrel to me

wildcard600
11-15-14, 09:22
That's what I thought as well, but I also remember coming to the conclusion that I was wrong about 3 seconds after submitting my answers. If memory serves it was because I had counted the keymod slots and there weren't enough to conclude it was the 13" rail. Pretty sure that was the only one I got wrong. On the bright side, at least I knew I lost a long time ago.

It was a random drawing. BCM made no statement about having to get any of the answers right.

Moose-Knuckle
11-15-14, 15:51
Someone got a hell a rifle, that is for sure . . .