PDA

View Full Version : How selffish and self absorbed are people today?

WillBrink
09-19-14, 16:48
I'd say this sums it up well. :fie:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Wzm0nh2Q1ak

And her friends giving the high five....the ball park sent staff over to the kid to give her a ball at least.

http://www.nydailynews.com/sports/baseball/watch-woman-snatches-foul-ball-girl-article-1.1468118

JBecker 72
09-19-14, 16:52
This video is fairly old. I'm pretty sure the internet found her and she was shamed pretty hard.

Moose-Knuckle
09-19-14, 16:59
I would venture to say the vast majority of humanity has been self-absorbed and narcissistic for the whole of our existence. "For there is nothing new under the sun . . ."

SteyrAUG
09-19-14, 17:13
First time seeing it.

High Five me...I'm an evil whore bitch.

Here's another example of the same where a player is trying to HAND a ball to a little girl and keeps having to pull it away from some other evil whore bitch.

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-2597988/Get-way-maam-Derek-Jeter-fends-greedy-woman-trying-steal-baseball-young-Yankees-fan.html

The one if the first video should be identified and barred from games for life.

http://www.washingtontimes.com/news/2013/sep/26/justice-last-evil-woman-outed-grabbing-girls-game-/

wildcard600
09-19-14, 17:17
I would venture to say the vast majority of humanity has been self-absorbed and narcissistic for the whole of our existence. "For there is nothing new under the sun . . ."

This.

Pretty sure douchnozzlery predates recorded history by a wide span of time.

WillBrink
09-19-14, 18:53
This.

Pretty sure douchnozzlery predates recorded history by a wide span of time.

Of course, but modern times allows the douchnozzlery to be on camera in its full glory for all to appreciate.

Safetyhit
09-19-14, 19:02
That was exceptionally horrible. Was already appropriately corrected for over-ripping another worthy evil thing posing as a human worth oxygen intake so I'll just thank Will for sharing such an unfathomably bad happening.

And by the way beyond the announcers where is someone with a spine in these crowds to set these troglodytes straight? Call Philly fans what you like but someone would get hurt trying to pull that crap around this way.

wildcard600
09-19-14, 20:07
Of course, but modern times allows the douchnozzlery to be on camera in its full glory for all to appreciate.

This is true. However I still imagine that somewhere in an yet undiscovered location are cave paintings depicting the "Neolithic douche" or "Homo-assholius".

SteyrAUG
09-19-14, 20:54
That was exceptionally horrible. Was already appropriately corrected for over-ripping another worthy evil thing posing as a human worth oxygen intake so I'll just thank Will for sharing such an unfathomably bad happening.

And by the way beyond the announcers where is someone with a spine in these crowds to set these troglodytes straight? Call Philly fans what you like but someone would get hurt trying to pull that crap around this way.

Pretty sure if that was my daughter, I'd just start kicking that evil bitches husbands ass until she returned the ball.

ABNAK
09-19-14, 20:58

I'm down with that!

ABNAK
09-19-14, 20:59
Pretty sure if that was my daughter, I'd just start kicking that evil bitches husbands ass until she returned the ball.

And this too!

Moose-Knuckle
09-19-14, 21:03
I still imagine that somewhere in an yet undiscovered location are cave paintings depicting the "Neolithic douche" or "Homo-assholius".

I have to wonder if the "neolithic douche" and or the "Homo-assholius" would be wearing white framed sunglasses and Afflection/TAP OUT t-shirts . . .

J-Dub
09-19-14, 21:06
Well they were at a baseball game, worshiping grown men, that are playing a sport and making millions........

I'd probably tell my daughter.....oh wait, I wouldn't have wasted my money to go be a ****ing retard (you could probably get raped for cheaper on the street that at the ballpark). Little girl learned a good lesson anyway, life isn't fair...get over it.

Moose-Knuckle
09-19-14, 21:50
Well they were at a baseball game, worshiping grown men, that are playing a sport and making millions........

I'd probably tell my daughter.....oh wait, I wouldn't have wasted my money to go be a ****ing retard (you could probably get raped for cheaper on the street that at the ballpark). Little girl learned a good lesson anyway, life isn't fair...get over it.

And then there is this . . .

:lol:

She also learned what a "see you next Tuesday" is.

Safetyhit
09-19-14, 21:51

It is almost impossible to believe you actually represent the government in a position of authority.

wildcard600
09-19-14, 22:03
I have to wonder if the "neolithic douche" and or the "Homo-assholius" would be wearing white framed sunglasses and Afflection/TAP OUT t-shirts . . .

Well I would expect the slit-eyed tree bark visor and loin cloth equivalents..... but yes.

docsherm
09-19-14, 23:35

Don't be a sexist pig.....place blame where it belongs. If you are going to do something, do it to her. If that was my daughter I would have dealt with her. I would have physically retaken the ball.....no matter what it took.

MistWolf
09-20-14, 00:27
Then there is the vid of the boy who was tossed a ball and he turned around and gave it to the little girl sitting behind him. All is not lost

SteyrAUG
09-20-14, 00:37
Don't be a sexist pig.....place blame where it belongs. If you are going to do something, do it to her. If that was my daughter I would have dealt with her. I would have physically retaken the ball.....no matter what it took.

I'm just cutting to the end game. I'm "assuming" that was her husband with the High Five which means he approves of her actions and his company is probably what makes her feel "safe enough" to pull a stunt like that. If I "took it up with her" I'm positive I'd soon be dealing with "him" so I might as well go directly to the end game. Additionally, she does things without giving thought to how it affects others, if her husband started getting hammered because of what "she" did then maybe she'd be more considerate.

J-Dub
09-20-14, 06:19
It is almost impossible to believe you actually represent the government in a position of authority.

It is almost impossible to believe that people give a rats ass about what someone types on an INTERNET FORUM. Yes that was tongue in cheek....mostly.

I would honestly tell that little girl, "Well Susie, sometimes that happens in life. You cant always get your way, and even if something seems like a sure thing....nothing in this life is guaranteed (then I'd have to back track on that and say...."well taxes, $10 beer at the ballpark, welfare, wic, Obama phones, section 8, etc, are all exceptions to the rule, but since im not raising you to be a dirtbag you cant count on 75% of that shit".)

Take a deep breath (first take your head out of the walmart sack) and relax.

and p.s. I'd say I have more a "responsibility" than "authority", but you've got the cool avatar and sponsor, so you're probably right..........

The_War_Wagon
09-20-14, 07:13
I took #3 son to his first ballgame LAST Sunday (Pirates vs. Cubs - the game where the Bucs turned the triple play). During the 7th inning stretch, Steve Blass (former pitcher, now local broadcast commentator) is throwing all sorts of Pirates swag from the booth down onto the crowd. I'm actually trying to film my little guy singing "Take Me Out to the Ballgame," and all this stuff keeps landing on us!

In talking with some of the people around us earlier during the game, I had mentioned that it was his first game, and being Autistic, he was actually more interested in his 'bottomless bucket' of popcorn (he ate 2 whole buckets! :p ). The guys sitting beside him and in front of him picked the fathead and backpack up that landed at our feet, and IMMEDIATELY gave it to him. I was stunned, but they were both insistent that my little guy have them.

I get to about a half-dozen games a year - have yet to catch a ball (or any OTHER swag, so far) since I started going in '05, but I hope I can pay it forward eventually.

I know the video is a bit chaotic, but it is such the ANTITHESIS of this woman in Houston, I feel compelled to post it.

http://vid212.photobucket.com/albums/cc305/The_War_Wagon/Pirates/139_zps920e5b75.mp4

chuckman
09-20-14, 07:26
Welcome to the epoch of the me-first-everyone-gets-a-trophy-for-showing-up-you-are-your-own-god age. We have a pretty good triple A club where I live, and we go to a half dozen games or so a year. MY kid will give another kid the ball if he gets it (and he usually snags one a year or so....Forest Gumpish luck and all). It comes first from the parents. That woman, I bet, had parents who had her in beauty pageants and cheer-leading, then she was in a sorority in college.

Airhasz
09-20-14, 08:00
I look at it this way, the younger girl has so many more years to get another ball than the ruthless bitch.

Averageman
09-20-14, 08:12
Karma would have been the announcer saying:
"And the jerk that stole the ball from the little Girl on the big screen came here tonight in a Gold Suburban Licence plate number BR12768, please feel free to acknowledge her in our parking lot."

maximus83
09-20-14, 08:36

This. Exactly.

We all do narcissistic junk every day. There's no excuse for what this lady did; it's disgusting and at least she got caught on video and shamed for it. And no doubt, it's fun to throw stones and take the moral high ground in the relative anonymity of a web forum, where no one can scrutinize and call out our own real world actions. But I see raw narcissism on display every day on the freeway driving to work, or when I go to the range. I do it too sometimes. Reality 101.

The_War_Wagon
09-20-14, 08:56
This. Exactly.

We all do narcissistic junk every day. There's no excuse for what this lady did; it's disgusting and at least she got caught on video and shamed for it. And no doubt, it's fun to throw stones and take the moral high ground in the relative anonymity of a web forum, where no one can scrutinize and call out our own real world actions. But I see raw narcissism on display every day on the freeway driving to work, or when I go to the range. I do it too sometimes. Reality 101.

Uh oh... I feel a sermon on Romans 7 coming on! ;)

Nonetheless, if you feel your life is INCOMPLETE, without an official MLB game ball, handled by an ACTUAL player :rolleyes: , just come to the stadium an hour early (you can arrive about 3 hours early in MOST cases), go down to the third or first base lines, where the team is doing fielding practice, flirt with - or compliment - your teams' players, and they'll probably toss you a few balls to take home.

Then go to Quaker Steak & Lube (or your other favorite eatery in the stadium), eat a leisurely, overpriced, meal, commiserate on your good fortune to now own a baseball, and then go enjoy the game... instead of making someone ELSE'S life miserable during it.

ptmccain
09-20-14, 09:07
The guys sitting beside him and in front of him picked the fathead and backpack up that landed at our feet, and IMMEDIATELY gave it to him. I was stunned, but they were both insistent that my little guy have them.

When this kind of thing happens, everyone wins. Thanks for sharing a positive story.

Abraham
09-20-14, 10:47
Anyone who would rip the ball out of a little girls hand and then up the disgust factor by high fiving is a sociopath.

Believe me, there are a lot of them in the world. She did her thievery while knowing she was being viewed on a television screen. Even a garden variety creep is less likely to do something so disgusting, but a sociopoth will do such a thing, not only without remorse, but actually celebrate...

Campbell
09-20-14, 11:04
Take a second and study the reactions of the different people around her...I feel better believing that someone called her on it before the game ended...most people do not have instant access to moral based courage these days, but may muster some given a little time. That's the only ray of sunshine I can pull from this vulgar display of "me firstism".

Abraham
09-20-14, 13:03
Campbell,

What this grown woman displayed in my opinion, was evil, not the (if you will...) lesser charge of "me firstism".

I hope I don't sound like I'm splitting hairs, but this evil bitch is the kind that would trample a child to get out of a burning building, rather than pick her up and save her.

Sociopath, and unafraid to show it...

ptmccain
09-20-14, 14:26
How much you want to bet that woman was drunk? That is my guess.

Sent from my SPH-L720 using Tapatalk

ptmccain
09-20-14, 14:27
Then there is the vid of the boy who was tossed a ball and he turned around and gave it to the little girl sitting behind him. All is not lost

Yup!!! Amen

Sent from my SPH-L720 using Tapatalk

Moose-Knuckle
09-20-14, 14:49

What a sexist little piggie he is for doing that, I mean with the War on Women and all. That girl could have caught her own fly ball and didn't need a male to do if for her.

:jester:

Campbell
09-20-14, 16:16
I think there is a good chance that ptmccain is right, and that alcohol was involved...which has brought more than one "evil bitch" to show her true colors to the light of day...I can only say she has problems.

Campbell,

What this grown woman displayed in my opinion, was evil, not the (if you will...) lesser charge of "me firstism".

I hope I don't sound like I'm splitting hairs, but this evil bitch is the kind that would trample a child to get out of a burning building, rather than pick her up and save her.

Sociopath, and unafraid to show it...

HD1911
09-20-14, 20:34
I'm tired of hearing the Alcohol excuse.... she is a heartless and cold Bitch. Her lack of Character and Integrity on full display, for the whole world to see.

Alcohol may simply just bring out who someone really is on the inside.

26 Inf
09-20-14, 20:48
Karma will get her some day.

SteyrAUG
09-20-14, 22:42
I'm tired of hearing the Alcohol excuse.... she is a heartless and cold Bitch. Her lack of Character and Integrity on full display, for the whole world to see.

Alcohol may simply just bring out who someone really is on the inside.

I doubt she was drunk. Turned and did the High Five without a hint of a wobble. I think she is just an evil, vile bitch who would gleefully steal from a child because she believes she is entitled to the things she wants and can get away with it. Probably has gone her entire life without being held accountable for her actions.

HD1911
09-20-14, 22:43
I doubt she was drunk. Turned and did the High Five without a hint of a wobble. I think she is just an evil, vile bitch who would gleefully steal from a child because she believes she is entitled to the things she wants and can get away with it. Probably has gone her entire life without being held accountable for her actions.

Well put.

SteyrAUG
09-20-14, 22:48
Karma will get her some day.

Let's hope. Problem is Josef Mengele died of natural causes without ever being held accountable for his actions. By contrast the children who died during vivisection at his hands couldn't possibly have done anything to deserve such a fate. Many members of Unit 731 went onto prominent political careers in post war Japan, those they experimented on died horrible, excruciating deaths.

Sometimes "karma" takes a vacation. I wish it were otherwise.