PDA

View Full Version : Muscle Recovery After Workout

Digital_Damage
09-20-14, 13:05
I have started seriously working out after a long hiatus.

I often push my self to failure, it Usually takes me 3 days to recover targeted muscle groups. I'm now 35 and this last time it took me 5 days. I have never bought into the powders, pills or shakes. It now looks like I need to start researching them to get me back on my circuit. Does anyone have a go to cocktail to assist in recovery? I'm not looking to gain weight.

Wake27
09-20-14, 13:11
http://www.gnc.com/GNC-Pro-Performance-AMP-Amplified-Wheybolic-Extreme-60/product.jsp?productId=41785896

This is what I've used on and off for years. I think it works pretty well and it doesn't have crazy amounts of calories like some others. I prefer the chocolate flavor.

WillBrink
09-20-14, 13:47
I have started seriously working out after a long hiatus.

I often push my self to failure, it Usually takes me 3 days to recover targeted muscle groups. I'm now 35 and this last time it took me 5 days. I have never bought into the powders, pills or shakes. It now looks like I need to start researching them to get me back on my circuit. Does anyone have a go to cocktail to assist in recovery? I'm not looking to gain weight.

How many cals? Macro nutrient ratio? What program followed? Volume? Etc, etc. can all be examined and improved on before looking to the "powders, pills or shakes" would be my advice.

Digital_Damage
09-20-14, 16:18
Not looking to modify my routine, it fits with my lifestyle and it is something I can stick with.

Need to stay under 70 calories per day for a solution, I would supplement one of my snacks.

Wake27
09-20-14, 16:38
Holy shit. 70 calories for recovery? Hopefully Will has something because I have no idea...

Digital_Damage
09-20-14, 18:01
Holy shit. 70 calories for recovery? Hopefully Will has something because I have no idea...

Ya my available calorie intake is very low unless I pick up significant cardio, 35 years old, 5'6"

lunchbox
09-20-14, 19:29
I hate to say it but if limited to 70 cal, maybe the best solution is not to max yourself out. Esp if taking up to 5 days for recovery. As mentioned above maybe Will has a wonder cocktail that's under 70. Keep fighting the good fight and best of luck.

Leftie
10-16-14, 11:43
Contrast showers work to purge lactic acid from the muscle groups in the body:

http://www.stack.com/2012/12/09/contrast-shower/

Zero calories and works for me. Honestly though, recovery is all about what you're eating in what ratios and how often (in very basic terms)

I would try the contrast showers and see if they help you with your soreness.