PDA

View Full Version : Battle Ready

Renegade04
09-20-14, 15:50
Well guys, about five years ago, I bought a whole bunch of tactical apparel and gear. I never was able to put on the whole ensemble because of my weight gain. This past May, I started the month weighing 290 lbs. with a 5'6" frame. I am stocky anyway, but this was too much stock. The end of April I was hospitalized and had a close brush with dying. I spend the next four days on a ventilator in ICU, before I was eventually taken off of it and put into a regular room. Two days later they discharged me. It turns out that I have Type two Diabetes and the nutritionist put me on a a low carb/low calorie diet. Well, since May 4th, I have lost 72 lbs. I can now fit into that apparel and gear, so I decided to don everything and have the wife take a couple pics. We did this in the back yard so I would not freak out the neighbors.

http://i100.photobucket.com/albums/m8/jamesrea_2006/jamesrea2011A/accessories/003_zpscf37ef0d.jpg (http://s100.photobucket.com/user/jamesrea_2006/media/jamesrea2011A/accessories/003_zpscf37ef0d.jpg.html)

BTW, the Multi-Cam plate carrier, pouches, thigh rig, and Camelbak came from Tactical Tailor. The level III-A plates from AR 500 Armor. Other accessories include Multi-Cam knee and elbow pads, and Mechanix FDE gloves. Pistol: Beretta 92FS w/ six magazines. AR15: CMTS lower/CMMG 14.5" SOCOM upper w/ pinned Phantom 5C2, EOTech 553 FDE and Surefire weaponlight in FDE.

ptmccain
09-20-14, 16:12
Congrats on your weight loss!!!

Sent from my SPH-L720 using Tapatalk

Voodoochild
09-20-14, 16:44
Congrats on your weight loss!!!

No doubt a close brush with death is a scary thing. Glad they got everything squared away eating and health wise.

Abraham
09-21-14, 13:07
I'm puzzled.

What do you plan on doing with the 'warrior gear/outfit'?

Honestly, I'm not trying to be a smart aleck, just curious.

ptmccain
09-21-14, 13:40
Perhaps he feels it would be useful in SHTF situation.

Why are you "puzzled"?

Renegade04
09-21-14, 18:00
Perhaps he feels it would be useful in SHTF situation.

Why are you "puzzled"?

Thank you. That is exactly the purpose. I am not playing soldier. I served six years in USMC Force Recon and learned a thing or two. I have learned more since.

luckybychoice
09-21-14, 18:04
Nice set up, from a fellow type two! Now exercise in that gear.:rolleyes:

ptmccain
09-21-14, 18:05
Sir, I think you just won the Interwebz for the day.

:)

BuzzinSATX
09-21-14, 18:05
Thank you. That is exactly the purpose. I am not playing soldier. I served six years in USMC Force Recon and learned a thing or two. I have learned more since.

Congrats on the weight loss and best wishes on a continued path to good health! And thank you for your service...

Take care,

Caribe
09-21-14, 18:08
Congrats on the new life...thanks for your service.

Renegade04
09-21-14, 20:01
Thanks a lot guys. I really appreciate your comments and well wishes.

68W
09-21-14, 20:34
Well done Sir. I know what losing a bunch of weight feels like and the renewed feeling it gives. Good job. You've no doubt found that pouring on your gear isn't the only thing you all of a sudden feel like doing our can do.

I treat sick people everyday and often tell them that after quiting smoking losing excess body weight is the #1 thing one can do for their health.

AverajeJo
09-21-14, 22:05
I am not being smart but in shtf situation this is not what you want to wear. You have to stay on the down low and not invite any unwonted attention. Paint your outfit black or something that blends in in the city and get a guitar case for your gun. ....... Knee pads are nice though--- my wife uses them all the time :0) that was a joke.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Renegade04
09-21-14, 23:10
I am not being smart but in shtf situation this is not what you want to wear. You have to stay on the down low and not invite any unwonted attention. Paint your outfit black or something that blends in in the city and get a guitar case for your gun. ....... Knee pads are nice though--- my wife uses them all the time :0) that was a joke.

When the stuff hits the fan, the last thing you will be concerned with is being discreet or on the down low as you said. When it ever comes to being a chaotic environment, I want people to know that I am fully armed and I mean business. If most people saw someone dressed in camo, wearing body armor, carrying a bunch of magazines, a pistol on their thigh, and an AR draped across their chest, they would probably get out of his way. I do not screw around or worry about blending into the woodwork. If I need to be more clandestined, then I have a black uniform to wear along with a thigh rig for my pistol and and a thigh mounted AR magazine pouch. I also have an assortment of ARs to choose from, but I would probably use my Mk18 CQBR. I have been making preparations for several years now. This is more than what most guys do. The Marine Corps trained me well.

Wake27
09-22-14, 01:49

Depends on the situation. In the woods, that shit would be way better off than black.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk