PDA

View Full Version : World War II Today

ptmccain
09-20-14, 17:12
You guys scene this site? Pretty cool, daily posts on the day the events happened during WWII with pictures, but best, first-person accounts from vets.

http://ww2today.com/

Safetyhit
09-20-14, 18:49
Really a great thing they're doing, very noble way to offer a dose of needed perspective so tragically missing from society today. What those men went through back then still matters a great deal and we are lost if we ever forget.

Also commend the the OP for taking the time to share.

3 AE
09-20-14, 19:21
Added the site to my "Favorites". Thanks for the link.

SteyrAUG
09-20-14, 23:33
God how I wish I had the internet as a kid. I used to love reading old newspapers from WWII but having a "day to day" context really puts the event in perspective.

Sadly those who could seriously benefit today, probably couldn't care less. I was probably just as guilty, for all my interest in WWII, I probably didn't know 10 facts about the civil war other than it was related to slavery.

Funny how that works, how we sometimes get things we could really use long after we could have really benefited from them.

ptmccain
09-21-14, 07:56
Funny how that works, how we sometimes get things we could really use long after we could have really benefited from them.

Or...

I look at it like I'm always discovering something new and interesting, no matter how old I get, there's always something just around the bend to be discovered.