PDA

View Full Version : "Lionheart" pistols

Slater
09-21-14, 10:11
This is apparently the commercial version of South Korea's military pistol. Has pretty much zero visibility here, but anyone familiar?

http://www.lionheartindustries.com/lh9/

GregP220
09-21-14, 10:13
I remember when they were just named Daewoo.

Never shot one.

rathos
09-22-14, 01:09
looked at one, kinda like a Korean S&W. From what I understand it works with 59 series mags too. Has a weird double action plus feature. Mac at military arms did a pretty good review of it. Never shot one personally, but it was an interesting gun, just not interesting enough to spend $600 or so on to test it out.

RWCRaiden
09-22-14, 08:50
I'm not sure what to think of it.

crazymoose
09-22-14, 13:42
I think the big issue is the market's shift away from the DA Wondernines of the 80's and 90's. The holdouts from the move to striker guns seem wedded to SIGs and Berettas. If I were looking for a DA nine, though, I'd be interested in this: thumb safety, relatively large number issued (and bugs corrected). Daewoo makes fine guns. I wish this company could get an import of their rifles going. The K2 was a real sleeper, and maybe the banned rifle import that hurts the most.

MountainRaven
09-22-14, 14:09
I think the big issue is the market's shift away from the DA Wondernines of the 80's and 90's. The holdouts from the move to striker guns seem wedded to SIGs and Berettas. If I were looking for a DA nine, though, I'd be interested in this: thumb safety, relatively large number issued (and bugs corrected). Daewoo makes fine guns. I wish this company could get an import of their rifles going. The K2 was a real sleeper, and maybe the banned rifle import that hurts the most.

SiG has the P320. And Beretta has some small, single-stack striker-fired pistols.

But if we're going to say that most of a manufacturer's catalog being DA/SA means that they're a holdout, you'd have to add H&K to the list - even though they have and have had striker-fired guns in their catalog since the VP70 (with a gap between the dropping of the P7 and the introduction of the VP9).

RAM Engineer
09-22-14, 14:44
I thought Larry Vickers had posted something about these guns recently. I can't remember where, though...

crazymoose
09-22-14, 16:22
SiG has the P320. And Beretta has some small, single-stack striker-fired pistols.

But if we're going to say that most of a manufacturer's catalog being DA/SA means that they're a holdout, you'd have to add H&K to the list - even though they have and have had striker-fired guns in their catalog since the VP70 (with a gap between the dropping of the P7 and the introduction of the VP9).

Was talking about the shooters, not manufacturers.

Dustin Cantrell
09-23-14, 17:05
I picked one up early this year. My only regret is not buying the model with Novak sights. I like it in condition 2. The safety is small and hard to sweep off but hits the side of my thumb so I wouldn't want it any larger. Personally, condition 1 with this pistol isn't right for me. It shoots well and has been reliable. The height of my grip is limited by the trigger guard, not the beavertail. It's light and a good size for carry.

http://imagizer.imageshack.us/v2/280x200q90/540/T34joV.jpg (http://imageshack.com/f/f0T34joVj)

foxtrotx1
09-23-14, 19:55

You are forgetting CZ, HK and FN as major DA/SA manufacturers. I think it's erroneous to believe that DA is old tech holding back modern design. The DA has merit to it in 2014.

RAM Engineer
09-23-14, 23:17
I think they're going to be fighting an uphill battle with those prices to sell them to anyone other than collectors of obscure 80's military pistols.

Hank6046
09-23-14, 23:40
My friend bought one at $530, shots well and he likes it. I like it, its a nicer budget Sig, not a Sig but better than the 2022 Pro I purchased years back. Good pistol, not the top of heap but nice. Everything you get with it makes a difference, nice case, so on. Not an owner, but it reminds me of my wife's Bersa 380. Its a great gun that does a lot for the price. I like CZ a lot more, but something different isn't a bad thing.