PDA

View Full Version : VCAS hardware

philpac33
09-23-14, 00:30
I'm looking at all the different hardware options for mounting a VCAS sling(or VTAC or whatever 2-pt preferred) and was wondering what most people were using. There's wire loops, HK hooks, QD swivels, or just use fixed loops. I like the idea of QD swivels on both ends; are there any downsides to QD on both ends? Those Rapid Emergency Detach QD swivels look nifty but I don't want that handle flopping around and accidental release potential cools me off.

TehLlama
09-23-14, 00:48
I run VCAS basically exclusively, QD on both ends is excellent, as far as the onboard hardware I prefer the Acetal slider (though I have three metal slider ones and they're still excellent).

Abraham
09-23-14, 12:43
I also use QD on both ends of my VTAC 2 pt. sling.

When it comes time to clean my rifle, I like being able to quickly remove the sling out of the way.

Stephen_H
10-01-14, 08:59
I'm obviously biased, but I too prefer QD swivels at both attachment points. If the sockets don't have rotational limits less so due to the potential for twisting. The RED swivel is perfect if you have the need to go from 2 to 1 (221) point or operate in an environment where the need to rapidly doff the sling is present (maritime immediately comes to mind). Let me know if you've got any other questions!

Stephen

DarkTemplars
10-01-14, 17:12
I run QDs on each end with a tri-glide installed to go single point if I feel like it.

vargon09
10-06-14, 09:59
I too have the same question of the OP. I recently purchased a DDM4 lw and need to find a good sling and figure out how to mount it. I find myself getting lost in the amount of information on these things but want to find a reasonably priced FUNCTIONAL mount system. QDs seem to be the favorite but as far as the other styles of mounting I do not know the advantages/how they work. Thanks for the patience as I am brand new to owning an AR!

Nick

Abraham
10-06-14, 13:49
One further consideration using QD attachments: They're quiet.