PDA

View Full Version : S&W M&P 15T Pricing?

FVC3
06-18-08, 08:44
A local shop has new S&W M&P 15Ts for $1,137.00 before tax. This is reduced even further by a $50.00 rebate coupon.

Apparently, there have been some changes to Smith's ARs recently. This one has excellent staking of the carrier key, black extractor insert w/ Crane O ring, M-4 feedramps. Troy (? sure looks like Troy) front and rear BUIS, and so-so castle nut staking.

That 9" rail and BUIS makes this seem like a very good deal for the price.

Whaddayathink?

Robb Jensen
06-18-08, 08:48
Be sure the one you're getting has a steel taper pinned gas block under the rails. And if you own PMAGs make sure they'll lock into it.

For a brick & mortar store that's a really good price.

DM-SC
06-18-08, 08:55
If this 15T actually has M4 feed ramps, then the Pmag's not fitting should not be an issue. Nor should the gas block. it would be a very recent production gun.

The other things you mention (gas key staking, black insert, etc..) have been there pretty much from the start on the M&P15's.

The M4 feed ramps would the only NEW addition to that rifle.

FVC3
06-18-08, 09:01
If this 15T actually has M4 feed ramps, then the Pmag's not fitting should not be an issue. Nor should the gas block. it would be a very recent production gun.

The other things you mention (gas key staking, black insert, etc..) have been there pretty much from the start on the M&P15's.

The M4 feed ramps would the only NEW addition to that rifle.

I broke 'er down personally. M4 ramps and much better staking than the last sample I looked at - better than at least one of my Colt M16 carriers.

austinN4
06-18-08, 09:45
QUOTE=FVC3;178858]A local shop has new S&W M&P 15Ts for $1,137.00 before tax. This is reduced even further by a $50.00 rebate coupon.[/QUOTE]

IMO, that is an excellent price on a 15T, but I am not sure it really has M4 feedramps. My 15A, serial number 63xxx, came from the factory in January. It appears to have the M4 cuts on the barrel. but not on the barrel extension, which does no good whatsoever unless you replace the barrel extension. It doesn't hurt anything, it just doesn't improve anything.

Look here http://m4carbine.net/showthread.php?t=193 for pictures of what to look for.

S&W reportedly is moving to M4 feedramps, but I haven't heard anyone say for sure they have seen them yet. And the several people that thought they did later corrected themselves after looking at the thread I posted above.

Unless the 15T you are looking at came out of the factory very recently it likely does not have the M4 cuts. My local cop shop is a high volume S&W distributor and still hasn't been able to get any new Ts in for 3 or more months. And the last they were able to get were older stock without M4 feedramps. I ordered a T thru them in March. They called the factory and were told it likely wouldn't even be built until June 15!

I won't swear the one you are looking at doesn't have them, but I am doubtful. What is the serial number?

And, like got4me said, make sure it has the steel gas block that is pinned in addition to the set screws. If it had this, but not the M4 cuts, I would buy it anyway if I wanted a 15T.

rifleshooter
06-18-08, 16:48
QUOTE=FVC3;178858]A local shop has new S&W M&P 15Ts for $1,137.00 before tax. This is reduced even further by a $50.00 rebate coupon.

IMO, that is an excellent price on a 15T, but I am not sure it really has M4 feedramps. My 15A, serial number 63xxx, came from the factory in January. It appears to have the M4 cuts on the barrel. but not on the barrel extension, which does no good whatsoever unless you replace the barrel extension. It doesn't hurt anything, it just doesn't improve anything.

Look here http://m4carbine.net/showthread.php?t=193 for pictures of what to look for.

S&W reportedly is moving to M4 feedramps, but I haven't heard anyone say for sure they have seen them yet. And the several people that thought they did later corrected themselves after looking at the thread I posted above.

Unless the 15T you are looking at came out of the factory very recently it likely does not have the M4 cuts. My local cop shop is a high volume S&W distributor and still hasn't been able to get any new Ts in for 3 or more months. And the last they were able to get were older stock without M4 feedramps. I ordered a T thru them in March. They called the factory and were told it likely wouldn't even be built until June 15!

I won't swear the one you are looking at doesn't have them, but I am doubtful. What is the serial number?

And, like got4me said, make sure it has the steel gas block that is pinned in addition to the set screws. If it had this, but not the M4 cuts, I would buy it anyway if I wanted a 15T.[/QUOTE]

If it's not full auto why is the M4 feed ramp so important? Seems many of the older 15Ts workeing well with out the deep cuts.

And how many people really who have the Alloy gas blocks with set screws come lose? again in a non full auto AR this has never really caused a problem there are thousands of non steel gas blocks with set screws and they are still working just fine.;)

austinN4
06-18-08, 18:06
If it's not full auto why is the M4 feed ramp so important? Seems many of the older 15Ts workeing well with out the deep cuts.
I couldn't tell if you were responding to me or the OP. I said I'd buy it without the M4 cuts, and did just buy a 15A without the M4 cuts. But, if I had 2 15Ts to choose from, I would take the cuts.

I was just trying to make sure the OP didn't buy it thinking one thing and finding out another later on.

And how many people really who have the Alloy gas blocks with set screws come lose? again in a non full auto AR this has never really caused a problem there are thousands of non steel gas blocks with set screws and they are still working just fine.;)
They do come loose on semi's in heavy use such as in a class.

rifleshooter
06-18-08, 18:39
I couldn't tell if you were responding to me or the OP. I said I'd buy it without the M4 cuts, and did just buy a 15A without the M4 cuts. But, if I had 2 15Ts to choose from, I would take the cuts.

I was just trying to make sure the OP didn't buy it thinking one thing and finding out another later on.
==
I just never really understood where the extra cuts really helped a non full auto AR. Does it cost the Mfg. more to make the extra deep cuts into the receiver.

They do come loose on semi's in heavy use such as in a class.
===
What Mfg. brands of of ARs are having the problems of the non steel gas blocks getting lose?

glockshooter
06-19-08, 10:41
If they have the rifle in stock you should run to the store and buy it. The price they are offering you is below dealer cost.

Matt

FVC3
06-19-08, 14:32
If they have the rifle in stock you should run to the store and buy it. The price they are offering you is below dealer cost.

Matt

They do , and I just might. Kinda hard to justify to the wife after my recent mags and ammo spree, though.

Obviously, it's not below THEIR dealer cost. Unless someone is making a lot of very big mistakes.

glockshooter
06-19-08, 19:00
Current dealer price is $1139 for the 14.5" and $1149 for the 16". This is from one of the largest distributors in the country. Now a S&W stocking dealer will get a better price if they are set up with Smith.

Matt

rifleshooter
06-19-08, 20:11
Current dealer price is $1139 for the 14.5" and $1149 for the 16". This is from one of the largest distributors in the country. Now a S&W stocking dealer will get a better price if they are set up with Smith.

Matt
==
IMHO if someone wishing to buy a S&W15T and it's found for $1149 out the door. you better buy it quickly. Not going to find that price around here. Not unless they stole it from S&W.:o

Tennvol12345
06-20-08, 11:52
I paid $1050 for my MP15T 2 months ago. But then again I used a pro-deal :).

DM-SC
06-20-08, 13:26
I paid $1050 for my MP15T 2 months ago. But then again I used a pro-deal :).

Show-off! :p

austinN4
06-20-08, 14:11
Grant just posted in another forum that he just got in 15As with M4 cuts. The cuts are finally real and not just talk.

hatt
06-20-08, 15:24
The law enforcement price at a store I know has good prices is $1145 for the T model.

rifleshooter
06-20-08, 19:06
Grant just posted in another forum that he just got in 15As with M4 cuts. The cuts are finally real and not just talk.
===
I would buy from Grant he supports this forum and has a really quality background in his dealings.:)