PDA

View Full Version : AAC 762 SD or 762 SDN-6

Tstien
09-25-14, 10:21
I am going to purchase a suppressor for my AAC SBR in 300 Blackout. I am trying to choose between these two suppressors from Silencer Shop. The SD is $560 and the SDN-6 is $849. Other then the SDN-6 being 1.5" shorter is there any other benefit to justify its higher purchase price? I am going to make the purchase before the end of the month. I have looked at the two suppressors on several different websites and all the other stats they give appear to be the same.

jwfuhrman
09-25-14, 11:06
I have both, I'd get the 762-SD. The 1.5in length difference isn't that big of a deal breaker(for my uses) and they both do just as good of job on the weapon systems I use them on (260 remington Bolt gun). The SDN-6 will most likely find a home on a 308 AR platform.

cagekicker
09-25-14, 14:54
I just ordered the 7.62sdn6 for my first can I figured if I was going to buy one might as well get the short one. I wanted it to tame a 10.5 5.56 that I am waiting on a stamp for. I am just a simple hillbilly but couldn't tell a difference on the range trying them out. Go with your budget my reasoning was with close to $2500 wrapped up in a rifle whats a couple hundred more on a can. That being said I wanted a can that would work on my modest collection of rifles and also a bolt gun for hunting (PA allows suppressors for hunting but not semi autos). The way my dealer explained it was the 762 sd was optimized for a .308 at the expense of 5.56 and 300 aac and the 762sdn6 was better for the 5.56 and 300 aac at the cost of 308. But he is a salesman and I am a simple hillbilly who may have been had.

KC_in_Bama
09-28-14, 16:51
I just ordered the 7.62sdn6 for my first can I figured if I was going to buy one might as well get the short one. I wanted it to tame a 10.5 5.56 that I am waiting on a stamp for. I am just a simple hillbilly but couldn't tell a difference on the range trying them out. Go with your budget my reasoning was with close to $2500 wrapped up in a rifle whats a couple hundred more on a can. That being said I wanted a can that would work on my modest collection of rifles and also a bolt gun for hunting (PA allows suppressors for hunting but not semi autos). The way my dealer explained it was the 762 sd was optimized for a .308 at the expense of 5.56 and 300 aac and the 762sdn6 was better for the 5.56 and 300 aac at the cost of 308. But he is a salesman and I am a simple hillbilly who may have been had.

I've heard the same thing from my NFA dealer. I went with the 762SND6 because of the shorter length, and according to AAC's website, it's optimized for 300 blackout using subsonic ammo. Guess you have to take things with a grain-of-salt.

PatrioticDisorder
09-28-14, 17:39
I'd get neither and opt for a Silencerco, Surefire or KAC .308 can, something about freedom group buying AAC, clearing house and having poor customer service, but that's just me.

Eurodriver
09-29-14, 05:48
I have a 762SD. I bought it because at the time the N6 was impossible to get.

I have used it on 308 Bolt Guns and an AAC 9" with super and subsonic in 300 BLK. it's a great can for my purposes. If I didn't already have a 556 can or I planned on suppressing a 308 AR I would get the N6 just to have that versatility. You really don't want to be using the 762SD on a 556 SBR for very long.

Money is money, but with NFA items you really need to consider the durability of what you are buying more than cost.